Aska

K1 Visa Interview - case returned to NVC

130 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, geowrian said:

You are free to apply again for another visa, but the existing I-129F and K-1 is dead.

NVC does not issues RFEs. They do not handle I-129Fs except to coordinate movement between USCIS and the embassy. USCIS issues RFEs. USCIS will not issue an RFE (or NOIR) here in accordance with their policy. They will let the I-129F sit until its approval expires. Then it will be terminated.

The petition being dead is 100% true once the petition leaves the consulate.   The only chance the OP has is to request an immediate Consulate General review.  The consulate is under no obligation to provide this but it has happened 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's been pretty clear in this thread...not sure what part is still confusing you?

As mentioned in this thread, the visa was denied.  You are free to apply again if you wish, or apply for the CR-1 spouse visa after you get married (in your home country).

What you need to do is figure out the reason the visa was denied, since you say you do not know...and if that denial reason will affect a future CR-1 spouse visa.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Going through said:

It's been pretty clear in this thread...not sure what part is still confusing you?

As mentioned in this thread, the visa was denied.  You are free to apply again if you wish, or apply for the CR-1 spouse visa after you get married (in your home country).

What you need to do is figure out the reason the visa was denied, since you say you do not know...and if that denial reason will affect a future CR-1 spouse visa.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  

The only part that confuses me is that VO said we need more evidence on the case and NVC will het in touch with you! If the visa was rejected he would have handed over a slip to me stating the reason isn’t it so?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Aska said:

The only part that confuses me is that VO said we need more evidence on the case and NVC will het in touch with you!

Geowrin explained that part earlier.

5 minutes ago, Aska said:

If the visa was rejected he would have handed over a slip to me stating the reason isn’t it so?

It's not common, but I've heard it reported here that the person never received a slip.

Even with the slip, it's not going to go into great detail over exact reason why the visa was denied.  Usually just a box checked off, and that's it.

A way to figure out why it was denied is to go over the interview in your head with a fine-tooth comb...and also what sort of evidence was sent with the petition...Pretty sure there was more than just the 1 question asked about "where did you get engaged?"  Think back to what the CO seemed to focus on (if anything).

You said you were divorced before, curious if this new relationship/upcoming marriage was arranged in any way?  There may have been some questions regarding that (ie. who arranged it,  how do you know the person who arranged it) to ensure it wasn't arranged moreso for immigration benefits.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Going through said:

Geowrin explained that part earlier.

It's not common, but I've heard it reported here that the person never received a slip.

Even with the slip, it's not going to go into great detail over exact reason why the visa was denied.  Usually just a box checked off, and that's it.

A way to figure out why it was denied is to go over the interview in your head with a fine-tooth comb...and also what sort of evidence was sent with the petition...Pretty sure there was more than just the 1 question asked about "where did you get engaged?"  Think back to what the CO seemed to focus on (if anything).

You said you were divorced before, curious if this new relationship/upcoming marriage was arranged in any way?  There may have been some questions regarding that (ie. who arranged it,  how do you know the person who arranged it) to ensure it wasn't arranged moreso for immigration benefits.

VO asked me who did we met through. I said  family friends in 2013. After that he also got married and I also got married; but we both got divorced and reunited and filled a k1 visa. He asked why not a spouse visa? I said because k1 is efficient and takes lesser time. 

He kept asking for my divorce certificate and I didn’t have it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Aska said:

The only part that confuses me is that VO said we need more evidence on the case and NVC will het in touch with you! If the visa was rejected he would have handed over a slip to me stating the reason isn’t it so?

NVC will not send you anything.  What they mean is they are returning your case so all future communication should go through NVC.     NVC will have it for a short time before returning to USCIS.  In a marriage visa USCIS will request evidence but with a K-1 it will sit until the application has expired.

Having 9 visits unmarried is an issue for Pakistan.  This coupled with the divorce caused some scrutiny on your case.   You'll need to be sure you have the proper divorce documents (original divorce agreement, notices sent and final union council certificate).  Best bet would be to get married and apply for CR1 continue with consistent visits.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

NVC will not send you anything.  What they mean is they are returning your case so all future communication should go through NVC.     NVC will have it for a short time before returning to USCIS.  In a marriage visa USCIS will request evidence but with a K-1 it will sit until the application has expired.

Having 9 visits unmarried is an issue for Pakistan.  This coupled with the divorce caused some scrutiny on your case.   You'll need to be sure you have the proper divorce documents (original divorce agreement, notices sent and final union council certificate).  Best bet would be to get married and apply for CR1 continue with consistent visits.

Yes I now found the original document now. But the question is will they get in touch with me to submit the document now or not? If 9 visits are a problem they shouldn’t have a k1 visa option for Pakistanis then. 

We filed k1 visa because it is the fastest!! And we wanted to be together asap

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Aska said:

Yes I now found the original document now. But the question is will they get in touch with me to submit the document now or not? If 9 visits are a problem they shouldn’t have a k1 visa option for Pakistanis then. 

We filed k1 visa because it is the fastest!! And we wanted to be together asap

No, they will not get in touch with you.  You need to get in touch with the consulate before they return the petition to the states 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

No, they will not get in touch with you.  You need to get in touch with the consulate before they return the petition to the states 

Just now, payxibka said:

I just called the US embassy they said they do not handle anything on phone calls. 

What should I do now?

how to get in touch with them can someone advise please!!

Timeline
Just now, Aska said:

I just called the US embassy they said they do not handle anything on phone calls. 

What should I do now?

how to get in touch with them can someone advise please!!

Email 

YMMV

3 hours ago, Aska said:

I had an interview with US embassy on 3rd April 2019 in Islamabad . VO asked me questions about our relationship - my fiance has visited me for about 9 times in past 1 year from Newyork, our relationship is authentic. But the VO said he’s returning the case to NVC for future review. What does this mean? And how much time can this take? He returned my passport and didn’t hand me over any paper stating a reason for not approving my petition - he kept my medical and my fiancés tax returns with him. 

I am worried about the timeline as I have already resigned ftom my job!!

The same thing happened to a friend and in the embassy she was told that there were missing documents in her application that was in December 2018 and in January they returned to approve her case, NVC received it and then they sent it again to the embassy and she had her interview and is already in the USA

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Aska said:

If 9 visits are a problem they shouldn’t have a k1 visa option for Pakistanis then. 

It's out of the cultural norm in Pakistan for unmarried visits to continue in such frequency...hence why the CO outright asked you why you haven't done a CR-1 visa (ie. get married), and continued to meet unmarried instead.   With the prior divorce, added some more scrutiny.

Edited by Going through

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Aska said:

If the visa was rejected he would have handed over a slip to me stating the reason isn’t it so?

Not necessarily......There must be more to the story.  9 visits is a lot........Did you have problems with questions which the CO asked?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Email them and hopefully you hear something positive. But as others have said it's being sent back to USCIS to expire which means visa denied. Start looking into CR1 imo.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mariasd21 said:

The same thing happened to a friend and in the embassy she was told that there were missing documents in her application that was in December 2018 and in January they returned to approve her case, NVC received it and then they sent it again to the embassy and she had her interview and is already in the USA

What embassy? What documents? Did they tell your friend that the case was being returned?  Sounds like a very different circumstance.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.