CharNoel95

Medical not arrived at the Embassy yet!!! :(

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, 

I'm a little worried... :( I had my interview on April 1st. They said everything else was fine but they hadn't yet received my medical. So this meant that they had to refuse the visa. I had done my medical 12 days before on March 20th. She said it usually takes 2 weeks for it to get transferred across. Which would have been by today, April 3rd. She said I should await an email saying they have received it and the visa should be processed from that date.

I was wondering if this had happened to anyone beforehand or if anyone knew about this happening. I'm not sure if I can do anything or just wait for the email. The medical said it was sent on March 25th so it would mean 5-7 days to the embassy would be today's date but I haven't heard anything yet. My CEAC is saying Administrative processing. 

Thanks in advance :) 

4 minutes ago, CharNoel95 said:

Hi all, 

I'm a little worried... :( I had my interview on April 1st. They said everything else was fine but they hadn't yet received my medical. So this meant that they had to refuse the visa. I had done my medical 12 days before on March 20th. She said it usually takes 2 weeks for it to get transferred across. Which would have been by today, April 3rd. She said I should await an email saying they have received it and the visa should be processed from that date.

I was wondering if this had happened to anyone beforehand or if anyone knew about this happening. I'm not sure if I can do anything or just wait for the email. The medical said it was sent on March 25th so it would mean 5-7 days to the embassy would be today's date but I haven't heard anything yet. My CEAC is saying Administrative processing. 

Thanks in advance :) 

It's all good. They said "2 weeks" but it really means "2 or more weeks" and after that, no telling when the Embassy has time to look at your case. They will look at your case, but nobody can tell exactly when. So only thing to do is wait. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 minutes ago, CharNoel95 said:

Okay, I was sure it would have...Where do I find that out? 

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

it says 

Case Created: 05-Mar-2019
Case Last Updated: 01-Apr-2019

April 1st was the interview day.

Edited by CharNoel95

Same thing happened to me, including being issued with the same form. You’ll be absolutely fine. It’ll just take a week or two longer than normal.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

Our medical didn't arrival for the interview either. They will get to it eventually! :) 

Is it all sorted now? if so, how long did you have to wait? 

I just got a little worried when I was handed the paper that said it was refused.

Timeline
1 minute ago, coltr said:

Same thing happened to me, including being issued with the same form. You’ll be absolutely fine. It’ll just take a week or two longer than normal.

Thank you, this is such a relief to hear :)

Glad it all worked out for you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, CharNoel95 said:

it says 

Case Created: 05-Mar-2019
Case Last Updated: 01-Apr-2019

April 1st was the interview day.

So that is an indication they have not either 1)received the medical or 2)just haven't caught up backtracking to pick up cases that needed something further sent in. Keep watching the dates for changes.

Timeline
1 minute ago, CharNoel95 said:

Is it all sorted now? if so, how long did you have to wait? 

I just got a little worried when I was handed the paper that said it was refused.

Yes, our interview was last year! We're past the AOS point now but we were only delayed by a week. We also ran into Memorial Day weekend. 

Timeline
Just now, britishandusa said:

Yes, our interview was last year! We're past the AOS point now but we were only delayed by a week. We also ran into Memorial Day weekend. 

Oh, that's awesome! :) congratulations 

I'm hoping that will be the case with me, only a week or so delay. Did you receive an email from the embassy or get any updates? 

2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

So that is an indication they have not either 1)received the medical or 2)just haven't caught up backtracking to pick up cases that needed something further sent in. Keep watching the dates for changes.

Okay, I will keep checking. thank you :)

Timeline
Just now, CharNoel95 said:

Oh, that's awesome! :) congratulations 

I'm hoping that will be the case with me, only a week or so delay. Did you receive an email from the embassy or get any updates? 

Nope, I remember we just kept checking the CEAC and it just changed to 'Issue' one day. Just check it everyday! :) 

Timeline
Just now, britishandusa said:

Nope, I remember we just kept checking the CEAC and it just changed to 'Issue' one day. Just check it everyday! :) 

Okay, will do! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.