panamerican

I-129F Approved by USCIS in 4.5 months

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Nat&Vince said:

If I could ask what service center was adjudicating those that had the petitions approved quickly? Ours is at the California office.

All are California except a very few of the more complex ones that get transferred to Vermont 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/2/2019 at 12:53 PM, panamerican said:

That's awesome! I forgot to mention, maybe this is all happening much quicker now because the alleged changes to international field offices at USCIS. See the article below:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/12/citizenship-immigration-international-offices-close-1218137

How does closing USCIS offices help to speed up the process?  The article clearly hypothesizes that closing the offices will slow the legal immigration process. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
9 hours ago, ram1009 said:

How does closing USCIS offices help to speed up the process?  The article clearly hypothesizes that closing the offices will slow the legal immigration process. 

If you read the whole thing, it suggests the idea is to place the employees who were working in international field offices in the domestic USCIS offices to work on the domestic backlog which is precisely where all of the K1 visas reside. Although, yes, this negatively affects those with other types of visa applications, but my point was specific to the K1 visa.

USCIS Director Francis Cissna said in an email to staff that the agency was in preliminary discussions to transfer the international workload to domestic offices and the State Department. He said the shift in resources would allow USCIS to focus on clearing immigration backlogs in the U.S.

Edited by panamerican

Timeline
4 hours ago, panamerican said:

If you read the whole thing, it suggests the idea is to place the employees who were working in international field offices in the domestic USCIS offices to work on the domestic backlog which is precisely where all of the K1 visas reside. Although, yes, this negatively affects those with other types of visa applications, but my point was specific to the K1 visa.

USCIS Director Francis Cissna said in an email to staff that the agency was in preliminary discussions to transfer the international workload to domestic offices and the State Department. He said the shift in resources would allow USCIS to focus on clearing immigration backlogs in the U.S.

I see why you believe this but I don't believe a word from the mouth of a career politician.  To me it sounds more like a smokescreen to conceal their real intentions which are sure to benefit them at our expense.  Politicians have become experts at disguising their true intentions.  I expect the process to take longer if anything.  that would resut in fewer immigrants in any given time period which is exactly what Trump wants.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all.  I just wanted to update everyone because I just received out NOA2 dated for Apr 11.  That is 87 days from the NOA1. I did everything myself and made sure I had everything correct. I hope this trend keeps up for all.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Nat&Vince said:

Hey all.  I just wanted to update everyone because I just received out NOA2 dated for Apr 11.  That is 87 days from the NOA1. I did everything myself and made sure I had everything correct. I hope this trend keeps up for all.

That's great.  

Edited by ram1009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi does anyone know how to get a birth certificate translated online please? My birth certificate is in French I'm applying for AOS USCIS needs a translated one. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
15 hours ago, Joey.C said:

Hi does anyone know how to get a birth certificate translated online please? My birth certificate is in French I'm applying for AOS USCIS needs a translated one. 

I used this service for official, certified Spanish to English translation.

http://www.southeastspanish.com/

While I do not have a suggestion for French translation, you may want to use the above website as a model to look for your translation service. The people at Southeast Spanish knew specifically what process I was going through and gave me everything I needed to ensure the translations would be accepted by USCIS. You should ask the translator about this so you avoid paying for a non-certified service. They translated 2 pages for me and it was upwards of $100 (I was in a rush and didn't have much time to shop around).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 minutes ago, panamerican said:

I used this service for official, certified Spanish to English translation.

http://www.southeastspanish.com/

While I do not have a suggestion for French translation, you may want to use the above website as a model to look for your translation service. The people at Southeast Spanish knew specifically what process I was going through and gave me everything I needed to ensure the translations would be accepted by USCIS. You should ask the translator about this so you avoid paying for a non-certified service. They translated 2 pages for me and it was upwards of $100 (I was in a rush and didn't have much time to shop around).

Ok thank you so much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.