Daisy.Chain

Chick-Fil-A Airport Opening Blocked

115 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

If they're not open Sunday's that's a good enough reason not to be at an airport. The council should have left it at that.

Agree with that 100%

58 minutes ago, Daisy.Chain said:

One nice thing about the US is that everyone is allowed to believe whatever they want, including thinking that guys name Todd offend. Usually telling people it's "absurd" to believe something doesn't change their minds.

and no bigger supporter of that than me. If they ever forced a church to perform gay weddings against its wishes I would take to arms. Same as if they tried to prevent a church.

I can understand someone being not supportive, being being anti the way someone is born is odd

I was at a gathering the other night. A associate of ours who has never been very bright. Actually said. Gay people make themselves dress different and talk funny. I wasn't sure whether to reply, pray for him or walk away. I finally just explained to him, that as much grief as they catch for bein gay why would someone do that on purpose.

*** I fully understand that not all gay people are not butch of fem   just an example@@@

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How would you feel about being fined if you misgendered somebody?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

17 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I would rather pay a 105 bucks for my groceries than endure walmart and save 5 bucks. Although I will say my local Kroger is getting just about as bad  (pre Pack one size fits all meats and no registers open. Several times a register will be 6 deep with none other open but self and express. They always come up to me and say.. Sire I will take you at self check out and they offer to help. I told him if I wanted to do self check I would have gotten in that line to start with. Applause erupts from the other grouchy old people in line

Walmart is only about 5 blocks from us and I still only go there if I absolutely have to. The store itself is nice, brand new and all, but like you said way too few checkout lines open. Plus they want to check my stuff when I'm leaving half the time. I always want to tell them once I've paid for it it's my stuff. Keep your grubby paws off it.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

37 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Walmart is only about 5 blocks from us and I still only go there if I absolutely have to. The store itself is nice, brand new and all, but like you said way too few checkout lines open. Plus they want to check my stuff when I'm leaving half the time. I always want to tell them once I've paid for it it's my stuff. Keep your grubby paws off it.

I am the same way as you and @Nature Boy 2.0 which that is one reason why I miss the local grocery store we had in California. We could get unseasoned, seasoned, and marinated meat in whatever amounts we want from the butcher. Now everything at Food Lion or Wal-Mart is all prepackaged meats, if it is seasoned then only side of the meat is seasoned which amazes me. 

The local Wal-Mart took out more lanes and added more self checkout lines, all the while leaving only 2 lanes open.I went to local butcher to get pork belly for my wife and they didn't have it. The only one that has any type of decent cuts of meat is the Hispanic store which they don't label the meat and don't hardly speak English or any Tagalog. 

8 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Sure, but this is the criteria they used.  I guess the good people of San Antonio all have the same core values, whatever those are, and they should be happy this guy and his colleagues are on the job telling them how to think and how to act.  Wonder if these council members are Democrats.

you are way overestimating the pull of the city council. they got smashed recently on a referendum regarding the firefighters union and another one that basically forced the city manager out. it doesnt take much for a referendum in this city. the city council and the mayor are up for election in about 4 weeks, and odds are they remain, they dont tell us what to think, they are a fair representation of the views of people in this city already.

surprising, i know.

but pretty much, this is a liberal city, there are a few pockets of conservatives mostly in the northwest area where the Dominion is, but you also need to understand just how much of a Hispanic presence there is here and that more than anything is the biggest reason it leans more Democrat

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

*** I fully understand that not all gay people are not butch of fem   just an example@@@

thank you for that. my daughter certainly is not like that. and if anyone harms a hair on her head, i would end them without hesitation.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I did a little digging behind the scenes. Maybe this whole thing isn't really about LGBTQ rights, but really about a powerful businessman wanting to prevent any real competition at the airport? Here's my theory, the SA airport has a Steak-n-Shake, which is owned by Biglari Holdings. Biglari Holdings is based in SA and probably has a lot of political influence, i.e. $$$$$$ donations to political campaigns. As they say, money talks and  . . . other things walk.

1 minute ago, theresaL said:

I did a little digging behind the scenes. Maybe this whole thing isn't really about LGBTQ rights, but really about a powerful businessman wanting to prevent any real competition at the airport? Here's my theory, the SA airport has a Steak-n-Shake, which is owned by Biglari Holdings. Biglari Holdings is based in SA and probably has a lot of political influence, i.e. $$$$$$ donations to political campaigns. As they say, money talks and  . . . other things walk.

I liked the closed on Sunday theory. Not sure I would allocate airport space to a business that only opened 6 days a week

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I liked the closed on Sunday theory. Not sure I would allocate airport space to a business that only opened 6 days a week

Yes, but that would have direct religious conection since they close on Sunday for religious observance.  Besides why would the airport care they lease the space and get paid regardless.

I wonder if all future contracts with the city of SA will include a charitible donation disclosure vetting clause to determine whether or not it aligns with their progressive agenda? I think CFA will win their case if they can show they were singled out. 

well, the councilman who represents my district just had a meeting with them and some lbgt groups at the same time, and apparently the concessions vendor could theoretically request to add them and bring it up for another vote, which sounds like it could be overturned.

another councilmember said that she would have preferred a local business instead of a chain, and thats something i could get on board with. theres a lot of local businesses that would probably do very well in a place like the airport

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/councilman-regrets-voting-to-ban-chick-fil-a-from-airport

i voted for this guy too

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

I always want to tell them once I've paid for it it's my stuff. Keep your grubby paws off it.

If you actually did tell them and got into a big brouhaha, what would Security do to you?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

All thse fast food talk. Not supposed to drive for another week or so.. Howver MS NB is at work and the Mickey D pancake breakfast is close and hot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I would rather pay a 105 bucks for my groceries than endure walmart and save 5 bucks. Although I will say my local Kroger is getting just about as bad  (pre Pack one size fits all meats and no registers open. Several times a register will be 6 deep with none other open but self and express. They always come up to me and say.. Sire I will take you at self check out and they offer to help. I told him if I wanted to do self check I would have gotten in that line to start with. Applause erupts from the other grouchy old people in line

I'll admit I am a weekly Walmart shopper, BUT I only go there at 5:00 or 6:00 am.  Only 4 or 5 other people shopping at that time.  During the rest of the day I won't go near the place.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

21 minutes ago, Neonred said:

I'll admit I am a weekly Walmart shopper, BUT I only go there at 5:00 or 6:00 am.  Only 4 or 5 other people shopping at that time.  During the rest of the day I won't go near the place.

Publix is usually the Cadillac of grocery stores when it comes to customer service, at a small price