Dee & Shee

CFO issue

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All, first time post here. Thanks to everyone for the great education that my fiance and I have been getting from the site.

My fiance went to have her CFO in Davao City today. From the information that see gave me, the orientation went well. They asked her for my previous divorce decree's. I was married & divorced four times, twice to the same ex in my younger years. When my fiance told her this, the councilor told her it was a red flag and proceeded to ask my fiance if she had read the decree's. She said, not fully. After she finished the CFO they didn't give her the certificate. She was told to read my decree's and she could get the certificate and sticker once see has her visa.

Does this make sense? Do they actually have the latitude to do this?

Timeline

This is very much a thing in the Philippines.  If they see uncertainty or what they consider red flags, they will refuse the stamp.  She needs to go back once you guys are approve and be more confident.

Good luck, I am sure it will work out.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, aratamorne said:

This is very much a thing in the Philippines.  If they see uncertainty or what they consider red flags, they will refuse the stamp.  She needs to go back once you guys are approve and be more confident.

Good luck, I am sure it will work out.

Yes, I told my fiance that, almost verbatim. I didn't know that they could refuse the cert for no true, viable reason. Just solely on their personal opinion. 

Thank you.

I am not casting stones but for them it may be a viable reason. People give CFO a lot of guff but in my opinion they provide a valuable service to women who may not be very experienced. Like the previous poster said get the visa, have her be confident on the next go around. Good luck!

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, boris64 said:

I am not casting stones but for them it may be a viable reason. People give CFO a lot of guff but in my opinion they provide a valuable service to women who may not be very experienced. Like the previous poster said get the visa, have her be confident on the next go around. Good luck!

Understood. Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Dee & Shee said:

Yes, I told my fiance that, almost verbatim. I didn't know that they could refuse the cert for no true, viable reason. Just solely on their personal opinion. 

Thank you.

CFO can be very difficult for some.   Timid, meek or shy tend to get the most attention from CFO .. like blood in the water to a shark.

She has to comply with their requests to get the sticker.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, Dee & Shee said:

Hello All, first time post here. Thanks to everyone for the great education that my fiance and I have been getting from the site.

My fiance went to have her CFO in Davao City today. From the information that see gave me, the orientation went well. They asked her for my previous divorce decree's. I was married & divorced four times, twice to the same ex in my younger years. When my fiance told her this, the councilor told her it was a red flag and proceeded to ask my fiance if she had read the decree's. She said, not fully. After she finished the CFO they didn't give her the certificate. She was told to read my decree's and she could get the certificate and sticker once see has her visa.

Does this make sense? Do they actually have the latitude to do this?

They have some latitude,  Just play the game and she will get her CFO sticker.   

Did she ask if she needs to attend US Law school first so she has a better understanding of the decree?😈

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

They have some latitude,  Just play the game and she will get her CFO sticker.   

Did she ask if she needs to attend US Law school first so she has a better understanding of the decree?😈

Ha! I'm glad they didn't ask that.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Hank_ said:

CFO can be very difficult for some.   Timid, meek or shy tend to get the most attention from CFO .. like blood in the water to a shark.

She has to comply with their requests to get the sticker.

Would it be possible to pick up the cert and stamp at the CFO office in Manila after the interview, or must she go back to Davao?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dee & Shee said:

Would it be possible to pick up the cert and stamp at the CFO office in Manila after the interview, or must she go back to Davao?

If you have the certificate and your passport with visa you can get the sticker at any of the CFO offices

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

If you have the certificate and your passport with visa you can get the sticker at any of the CFO offices

Theres the rub, In this situation,  CFO withheld the certificate pending a reading of the divorce decrees.   She must go back to Davao?

YMMV

Timeline
On 4/2/2019 at 5:37 PM, payxibka said:

Theres the rub, In this situation,  CFO withheld the certificate pending a reading of the divorce decrees.   She must go back to Davao?

Great!!!😡

Timeline
9 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Now you understand the Philippines Mentality

Repeat after me: It's More Fun In The Philippines

Rinse and Repeat

I've learned this...the hard way.

2 hours ago, Dee & Shee said:

I've learned this...the hard way.

As do most of us. Now there is nothing we can do but laugh and/or smile. If you try to do anything to change it they will label you a crazy Kano.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.