janinemd

from B-2 to adjust status

38 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, janinemd said:

may i know how much was the total check you sent out? i know the $1225 for i-485 already includes the i-131 and the i-765, so another payment and check for the i-130/130a, which is $535?

Correct. We sent 2 checks 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/9/2019 at 5:34 AM, Kimberly wu said:

B2 file AOS is not illegal, I went through the same process to get my GC. You have to prepare all your evidence to prove yourself not intentionally stay here on your initial visit. Good luck

hi kimberly! thank you for this! quick question: did you guys submitt a notarized affidavit from your friends testifying the authenticity of your relationship? i asked our friends to make us but since they are in another country, they all scanned the copy, and we cannot have it notarized here for them. I am wondering if this is important or should we just skip on it for now and wait til the interview and bring them the notarized copies?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
7 minutes ago, janinemd said:

hi kimberly! thank you for this! quick question: did you guys submit a notarized affidavit from your friends testifying the authenticity of your relationship? i asked our friends to make us but since they are in another country, they all scanned the copy, and we cannot have it notarized here for them. I am wondering if this is important or should we just skip on it for now and wait til the interview and bring them the notarized copies?

I would not worry about those, pretty meaningless anyway. What does notarising do?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I would not worry about those, pretty meaningless anyway. What does notarising do?

i know! so i think photos would be much better proof? plus our joint lease for now. we're actively looking for a house too

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Quality rather than quantity.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Congrats on the marriage!

Hubby is a B-2 (VWP) AOS, too.  (We have our GC interview on Tuesday.)  Our timeline is below.  I've seen varying recommendations as far as front loading a lot of evidence vs not.  I completely agree with QUALITY over QUANTITY.  

Include information about any joint stuff - lease? credit cards? Did hubby add you to his insurance policy yet at work? Are you listed as a beneficiary on his life insurance/health insurance/etc?  Bank accounts?  Photos?  Tickets from joint trips together?  Receipts for gifts?  Wedding rings?  Affidavits certainly don't hurt, but don't rely on them exclusively.  If you can get them, great, but if not, don't worry about it.

Hubby was part of a VWP, so take this advice with a grain of salt - we waited to schedule his medical until we got notice of the GC interview (as the medical is only valid for a certain period of time.)  You'll want to look into that and how it'll apply for you.

Spoiler

Petitioner: USC | Applicant: B2 | (c)9 AOS (Marriage)

07/31/18: Filed I-130, I-130A

08/01/18: Delivered Potomac Processing Center

08/07/18: Text/Mail Notifications (for I-130)

08/14/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-130)

08/24/18: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-864

08/27/18: Delivered

08/31/18: Filed

09/04/18: Text Notifications (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/06/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/14/18: Biometrics letter rec'd

09/26/18: Biometrics appt completed

10/02/18: Ready for interview to be scheduled.

12/18/18: Form I-130 APPROVED!

01/27/19: EAD Approved and card being printed!

02/02/19: Combo card and SSN card arrived!

03/08/19: Text and online notification that interview has been scheduled.

04/16/19: Interview.  AOS approval text rec'd.  Card in production!

04/24/19: GC in hand! 

Removal of Conditions

Here we go!

02/10/21: I-751 package sent

02/12/21: Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/22/21: Money order cashed

03/24/21: Text notification rec'd

03/25/21: NOA rec'd

04/30/21: Case updated: Fingerprints taken

06/27/22: Approved!  Card being produced!

07/05/22: 10-year GC in hand!

4vrsm5.pngN3Zem6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.