LarryHickman

AOS I-485, EAD I-765 and AP I-131

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

That's FL though and not necessarily Miami-Dade. Not all counties ask for what the new married name will be or include any spaces on the marriage license for maiden name and married name. If they dont, then using whatever MC your county issues is fine as long as the husband's surname is listed.

The OP did not state that they incorrectly filled out their ML thus receiving an incorrect MC so I can only presume they filled it out correctly and their county is just one that does not issue MCs in the married name or does not make mention of the bride's new married name on it.

EDIT: But if they did fill out their ML incorrectly then they have a whole completely different problem that they did not mention.

Well, I am certainly no expert at all....and I have never dealt with AOS.........hopefully, it will be a smooth ride........

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It's quite possible that your SSA agent used the K1 Passport Stamp in her passport in lieu of a correct I94. He could have although he shouldnt have. The I94 is required.

When we applied for SSN, agent explicitly said he doesn't need I-94, and will use Passport/Visa stamp. When we check SAVE database it shows SSA request under the passport number not under I-94. SSA worker also suggested we get married first due to name change, but we assured him we are not planning to change any names. Having said that, it is now 4 weeks and we still do not have SSN, so I am not sure he followed correct procedure. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
48 minutes ago, missileman said:

Maybe I am misinterpreting this:

image.png.7e8c560e77e65246a7054c3b58995e1c.png

Thank you missileman for your input, I hope your well. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

That's FL though and not necessarily Miami-Dade. Not all counties ask for what the new married name will be or include any spaces on the marriage license for maiden name and married name. If they dont, then using whatever MC your county issues is fine as long as the husband's surname is listed.

The OP did not state that they incorrectly filled out their ML thus receiving an incorrect MC so I can only presume they filled it out correctly and their county is just one that does not issue MCs in the married name or does not make mention of the bride's new married name on it.

EDIT: But if they did fill out their ML incorrectly then they have a whole completely different problem that they did not mention.

When we recorded our marriage (after getting married) with Miami-Dade County we continued to use the names that we used to get the marriage certificate in the first place which was using my wife’s maiden name as we were not married yet. What a dissaster the I-94 was wrong on the most current entry as my wife’s passport clearly shows K1 and what she last entered with now it’s up to me to fix this. Reading through the I-485 my I 94 has to reflect K1 not her B2 what a mess.

11 minutes ago, Shiran said:

When we applied for SSN, agent explicitly said he doesn't need I-94, and will use Passport/Visa stamp. When we check SAVE database it shows SSA request under the passport number not under I-94. SSA worker also suggested we get married first due to name change, but we assured him we are not planning to change any names. Having said that, it is now 4 weeks and we still do not have SSN, so I am not sure he followed correct procedure. 

You are right about the stamp (it's acceptable, just checked) but the rest of what the SSA agent said to you about getting married first is bullocks as he wouldnt have been able to issue a married name card if he followed policy (so that's why I checked his first statement, lol).

You are probably under MV too for either a passport/DHS record name mix match or a DHS K1 entry record not found.

In your case, if it's been 4 weeks since Save reported your case was "returned to agency" I would go back in with a copy of the Save status and ask what's going on. 

2 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

When we recorded our marriage (after getting married) with Miami-Dade County we continued to use the names that we used to get the marriage certificate in the first place which was using my wife’s maiden name as we were not married yet. What a dissaster the I-94 was wrong on the most current entry as my wife’s passport clearly shows K1 and what she last entered with now it’s up to me to fix this. Reading through the I-485 my I 94 has to reflect K1 not her B2 what a mess.

Ya then if you applied for you Marriage License and did not mention her new married name, it was your error. You were entitled to apply for the ML mentioning her new marriage name in your county it seems (by what you've said, not sure why you didnt). You'll have to get a legal name change for her eventually. I recommend applying for AOS in her maiden name and sorting it all out later after the first GC is issued. In any case, it's going to be expensive.

Timeline

Guys I have another question regarding the I-485. My wife’s criminal records/s she gave to the embassy officer in Bolivia at time of interview and they kept them. Now as I read through the instructions for the I-485 it says provide (#11) any criminal records you have for any charges, arrest or convictions. We no longer have her criminal records which of course was clean the embassy kept them. The way I read this is provide criminal records if you have a criminal record. Is this correct. It’s going to be very difficult for us to get these records without my wife in Bolivia to go to those offices for a copy. Please advise.

Basically do I need her clean crimal records as this looks like it’s asking to provide criminal records if you have or ever had one.

Edited by LarryHickman

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Shiran said:

So it looks like we need a CORRECT I-94 for SS# and I-485 and up to us to fix it if it’s wrong.....sad

Just now, LarryHickman said:

Guys I have another question regarding the I-485. My wife’s criminal records/s she gave to the embassy officer in Bolivia at time of interview and they kept them. Now as I read through the instructions for the I-485 it says provide i(#11) any criminal records you have for any charges, arrest or convictions. We no longer have her criminal records which of course was clean the embassy kept them. The way I read this is provide criminal records if you have a criminal record. Is this correct. It’s going to be very difficult for us to get these records without my wife in Bolivia to go to those offices for a copy. Please advise.

If she doesnt have a criminal record you mark "No" on all questions in Part 8 Criminal Information, Questions 25 through 45 of the I485. You need not supply any documentation if she does not have a criminal record. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

I have decided to keep my wife’s name the same all the way through from I-129F to green card it seems easier.

My wife kept her maiden name through the CR-1 process and she plans to keep it...one less thing hoop to jump through.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

If she doesnt have a criminal record you mark "No" on all questions in Part 8 Criminal Information, Questions 25 through 45 of the I485. You need not supply any documentation if she does not have a criminal record. 

THANK GOD! Thank you K1visahopeful

Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

My wife kept her maiden name through the CR-1 process and she plans to keep it...one less thing hoop to jump through.....

I agree and sad we have to do this, thank you missileman

On 3/30/2019 at 11:53 PM, LarryHickman said:

Ok I’ll find the number and call and hopefully they can fix the I 94. I’ll also have my wife call the social security office and see what’s going on, if we have to make another trip to the social security office we will with a correct I 94 but I hope not as it seems the reference number is for the request of a social security number.

thank you very much

Hey Larry, Call the local border patrol close to where you guys reside. I had an issue with my fiancés I-94 and they corrected the issue, although it took like 2 in a half week to get a call back. 

event.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, PA2DR said:

Hey Larry, Call the local border patrol close to where you guys reside. I had an issue with my fiancés I-94 and they corrected the issue, although it took like 2 in a half week to get a call back. 

Hi PA2DR, how are you? Did you get married? 

The CBP are useless, I called today and the guy insist I got to their office in at the Miami airport. I explained and he just don’t get it. I have sent trouble request with passport photos with stamps to show she entered on a K1.

How are things girl?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.