28 posts in this topic

Hi! I was wondering if I need to translate Spanish documents to fill CR1 paperwork. By documents I mean: birth certificate, police records, screenshots and chats.

I can't find any information on official sites but I've read that it's not needed for Spanish documents.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Lucre said:

Hi! I was wondering if I need to translate Spanish documents to fill CR1 paperwork. By documents I mean: birth certificate, police records, screenshots and chats.

I can't find any information on official sites but I've read that it's not needed for Spanish documents.

All documents sent to USCIS  must have translations per the instructions here: https://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/154965.htm

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Lucre said:

but I've read that it's not needed for Spanish documents.

That might be true for documents submitted at the interview....Where did you read "that it's not needed for Spanish documents."?

2 minutes ago, missileman said:

That might be true for documents submitted at the interview....Where did you read "that it's not needed for Spanish documents."?

Mostly videos and post from people telling their experience. But I know that's no official so I tried to find official documents and didn't find anything so I wasn't sure. I'll try to find those posts again and post them.

Every legal document in another language other than English must be translated. However, we submitted text messages that are in Spanish and we didn’t translate and had no issues. I assume they wouldn’t expect someone to translate so many pages of text messages, what it costs per page to have something translated, that would cost fortune. 

1 hour ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Every legal document in another language other than English must be translated. However, we submitted text messages that are in Spanish and we didn’t translate and had no issues. I assume they wouldn’t expect someone to translate so many pages of text messages, what it costs per page to have something translated, that would cost fortune. 

I'll probably get the official documents translated and add descriptions for screenshots, texts and skype convos

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lucre said:

I'll probably get the official documents translated and add descriptions for screenshots, texts and skype convos

Is this for a K-1 or a CR-1?

21 minutes ago, Lucre said:

Yes, you definitely need all the official documents translated. If you don’t they will reject your case for incompleteness. They will keep your money and you make you start all over again. Not worth it. They also have to be certified translated, I.e., a certified statement will be attached to the actual English translated documents. I use The Spanish Group. They are online and do everything electronically. It was the most convenient and they translate for immigration documents all the time. I’ve listed their website below. 

www.thespanishgroup.org

24 minutes ago, missileman said:

Is this for a K-1 or a CR-1?

I see you everywhere Mr Missileman, you are quite popular and always giving straight forward answers..👍🏼

4 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Yes, you definitely need all the official documents translated. If you don’t they will reject your case for incompleteness. They will keep your money and you make you start all over again. Not worth it. They also have to be certified translated, I.e., a certified statement will be attached to the actual English translated documents. I use The Spanish Group. They are online and do everything electronically. It was the most convenient and they translate for immigration documents all the time. I’ve listed their website below. 

www.thespanishgroup.org

Thank you so much 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lucre said:

Both?

Is your case a K-1 or a CR-1?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi. I filed for a K1 visa not sure if you are filing for that or the CR1 my fiancee country is Ecuador obviously her country is all spanish. I have petition her on November got approved in March with no problem using this service:

https://www.translateday.com/

They have the seal of USCIS on their page meaning that they know what there doing for immigration. They certified the translation however it has a cost normally the respond in 2-3 days.

If you can translate I think there no problem with USCIS, however In my case I wanted to give the impression that I invested on this process to get a swift approval also looks profesional. 

I hope this help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.