Greenbaum

APRIL 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,295 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, P&K said:

We received the hardcopy today. Notice date April 1st. New website says the 2nd. Should I change my timeline to the 1st?

If you feel the need. One day difference is not going to make or break the timeline system. But, its accuracy depends on members imputing their information and accuracy will help. Your choice. Your case is moving along very smoothly. Makes me :D.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

If you feel the need. One day difference is not going to make or break the timeline system. But, its accuracy depends on members imputing their information and accuracy will help. Your choice. Your case is moving along very smoothly. Makes me :D.

Thank you Greenbaum 😁 you are very kind and I haven't forgotten your request about information about my embassy or p3. I still don't have a p3 but I was able to find some orientation on the embassy in my country. How do I send it to you? 

52 minutes ago, P&K said:

Thank you Greenbaum 😁 you are very kind and I haven't forgotten your request about information about my embassy or p3. I still don't have a p3 but I was able to find some orientation on the embassy in my country. How do I send it to you? 

You can personal message (PM) me. Just select my nick in my profile in the left column and on the next page about center within the upper portion you will sew "Message". Select it and it will open a private area to message me. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/1/2019 at 4:42 PM, Sarge2155 said:

Everyone once you arrive here in the thread make sure you fire off an email to NVC to update your email address and that of your beneficiary. Follow the instructions in the first post of this thread. It worked for me and NVC sent me an email once my case was approved and also once they assigned my case number. It only takes a few minutes and you only have to gain. Be sure to provide the information NVC request each time you email them. Put your USCIS receipt number in the subject line.

Went to that form....it only lets you put one e-mail, so do I need to submit it twice, changing the "Who Are You" each time, one for Petitioner and once for Applicant? (Making sure to check the Please Update my NVC file with this e-mail" box)

What do put in the "Type your Question" section?

7 minutes ago, JJA1979 said:

Went to that form....it only lets you put one e-mail, so do I need to submit it twice, changing the "Who Are You" each time, one for Petitioner and once for Applicant? (Making sure to check the Please Update my NVC file with this e-mail" box)

What do put in the "Type your Question" section?

Supply the following: petitioners and beneficiary's full names, date of birth, and email addresses tell them you are updating your  email address with NVC in the box. Tell them to notify you via email once your case is received and or case number is assigned and finally once it leaves NVC. It does work they answered me with that information when I sent my email to them, but like they say here your mileage may vary!!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Supply the following: petitioners and beneficiary's full names, date of birth, and email addresses tell them you are updating your  email address with NVC in the box. Tell them to notify you via email once your case is received and or case number is assigned and finally once it leaves NVC. It does work they answered me with that information when I sent my email to them, but like they say here your mileage may vary!!!!

Thank you, just submitted the request.

14 minutes ago, JJA1979 said:

Thank you, just submitted the request.

Good deal you are on your way!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

Where is best place to ask questions about the I-134?  Not sure this is the right thread, or even subforum...let me know.  Reading over the form it is not specific to the K1 so some of the questions are a big ambigous and I don't think apply, but would like some clarification...but want to post in the right place.

7 minutes ago, JJA1979 said:

Where is best place to ask questions about the I-134?  Not sure this is the right thread, or even subforum...let me know.  Reading over the form it is not specific to the K1 so some of the questions are a big ambigous and I don't think apply, but would like some clarification...but want to post in the right place.

The I-134 is used with the K1 once you get to the embassy stage I don't see why you can't ask your questions here. if they are in the wrong place the mods will move them so give it a shot

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline

Ok cool.  Mods if this should be its own post or moved to another place, please let me know.

Form I-134, there are 2 sections I'm not quite sure how I (as US citizen sponsor) need to fill out.

First is Part 3, "Dependents Information".  The way I interpret this is, if I currently had children, parents, or others that I supported financially, and/or claimed as dependents on my taxes, I would need to list them here.  Currently, that is not applicable to me, I only claim myself on my taxes, so I assume I should leave this part blank.  Where I just want to clarify is I am assuming my fiance does not count towards this section, and it is only for people who currently reside in the US that might be dependent on me, and would not include my future wife in that.

Second is later in that section, Item 38 where you have to check a box whether you intend or do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person named in Part 2 (which is my fiance beneficiary).  I'm assuming I check "intend" here, but then you have to give additional information on specific amounts and for how long it will be....in the context of a marriage this is a bit weird since there isn't really a set amount and the timeline is essentially forever?  Not exactly sure what they're looking for here.

38 minutes ago, JJA1979 said:

Ok cool.  Mods if this should be its own post or moved to another place, please let me know.

Form I-134, there are 2 sections I'm not quite sure how I (as US citizen sponsor) need to fill out.

First is Part 3, "Dependents Information".  The way I interpret this is, if I currently had children, parents, or others that I supported financially, and/or claimed as dependents on my taxes, I would need to list them here.  Currently, that is not applicable to me, I only claim myself on my taxes, so I assume I should leave this part blank.  Where I just want to clarify is I am assuming my fiance does not count towards this section, and it is only for people who currently reside in the US that might be dependent on me, and would not include my future wife in that.  Correct. You only list the dependents that you either support or are on your tax form. If you support only yourself then there are no dependents and a N/A will suffice.

Second is later in that section, Item 38 where you have to check a box whether you intend or do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person named in Part 2 (which is my fiance beneficiary).  I'm assuming I check "intend" here, but then you have to give additional information on specific amounts and for how long it will be....in the context of a marriage this is a bit weird since there isn't really a set amount and the timeline is essentially forever?  Not exactly sure what they're looking for here.

In the new revised I-134 form dated 11/30/2018 - Question #38 now regards contributions.  You leave the yes/no boxes "unchecked" and your explanation is submitted in Part 7 on page 8 of the new form.  

You will do this:

3.a. "Page 4"

3.b. "Part Number 3"

3.c. "Item Number 38"

3.d. "N/A (K1 Visa Process For Permanent Residence)"

58cda5562264d_ScreenShot2017-03-18at2_22_24PM.png.004c09a0613dc9a68ca3c10299132ce9.png.c763c4516d164ffd09f1b597e92da0e2.png

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

@Greenbaum Thanks, that makes it pretty easy then.  

Any other tips/tricks for I-134?  It seems pretty straightforward, will be gathering all the tax/banking documents this week.

5 hours ago, JJA1979 said:

@Greenbaum Thanks, that makes it pretty easy then.  

Any other tips/tricks for I-134?  It seems pretty straightforward, will be gathering all the tax/banking documents this week.

It's pretty straight forward except q10 and q38 seem to stump folks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.