Tidus992

Petitioners middle initial not on Benificiary K1 Visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi,

Was wondering if I go through the POE with her and they see I have an S middle initial on my passport but not on my fiancee's K1 visa would they question it you think?  Its suppose to be like lohn s franklin but only has john franklin should I contact the embassy and have then redo it.

My passport has an S

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My K1 and my son's K2 also are missing my fiance's middle name/initial, but as long as there is CSC case number, I don't really think that matters. Also I contacted the Embassy for other issue with my son's visa (as I thought) and they responded that the Annotation part is what it says, that is, technical information. Probably they have no field to print  a middle name/initial

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
4 hours ago, Tidus992 said:

Hi,

Was wondering if I go through the POE with her and they see I have an S middle initial on my passport but not on my fiancee's K1 visa would they question it you think?  Its suppose to be like lohn s franklin but only has john franklin should I contact the embassy and have then redo it.

My passport has an S

Wait, are you asking if, when your fiancés K1 visa doesn't match your passport if it will be a problem, or do I misunderstand you here?

Does it match her passport? Your middle name has nothing to do with her visa.

Edited by C90

Timeline
42 minutes ago, C90 said:

Wait, are you asking if, when your fiancés K1 visa doesn't match your passport if it will be a problem, or do I misunderstand you here?

Does it match her passport? Your middle name has nothing to do with her visa.

No my name on her K1 Visa is missing the middle initial "S" just thinking if I go through the POE with her and they look at my my passport and my name on her passport will that missing S cause any problems.

Petitioners Name: John Franklin instead of Petitioners Name:  John S Franklin

will that be a big deal?

Everything else is fine,...this is the only thing missing.   

Edited by Tidus992

Timeline
4 hours ago, HP+IC said:

My K1 and my son's K2 also are missing my fiance's middle name/initial, but as long as there is CSC case number, I don't really think that matters. Also I contacted the Embassy for other issue with my son's visa (as I thought) and they responded that the Annotation part is what it says, that is, technical information. Probably they have no field to print  a middle name/initial

Yeah, probably had no input field.  Just like DS160 no place for a middle name/initial ..  I know I could always let her go through by herself problem solved, but if I had the opportunity I would like to go with her through immigration.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Tidus992 said:

No my name on her K1 Visa is missing the middle initial "S" just thinking if I go through the POE with her and they look at my my passport and my name on her passport will that missing S cause any problems.

Petitioners Name: John Franklin instead of Petitioners Name:  John S Franklin

will that be a big deal?

Everything else is fine,...this is the only thing missing.   

Nah, they have everything on file to back it up. If you're this worried just contact the embassy to double check. But I'm certain it won't be a problem at all.

We just went through POE together. Not a problem. No middle name on ours either. (petitioner).

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/29/2019 at 2:22 PM, Tidus992 said:

Hi,

My passport has an S

Much ado about nothing 

YMMV

Timeline

Just got an email back from the councelet they reviewed it and said we are ok to enter the US with the Visa.  Thanks for the reply folks, I know it was such a small thing to worry about but you all know how stressful this process is.  Haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.