1,621 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline
6 minutes ago, chars said:

I'm scheduled for Biometric for the 15th of April

That was fast. I'm waiting to see maybe befr of the end of this week I will get something...did u ask see if yr local office do combo interviews?I think mine do

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
47 minutes ago, maestro said:

That was fast. I'm waiting to see maybe befr of the end of this week I will get something...did u ask see if yr local office do combo interviews?I think mine do

I already have the 10years green card. I was approved two weeks ago. No, it will not be a combo interview. 

Joining the group!  We just got notice yesterday that my husband's I-751/removal of conditions was approved.  So, as soon as we have the 10-year green card in hand, we'll be sending his N-400!

I'm also curious what supporting documents people are sending.  I was considering sending everything from the I-751/ROC application plus updates from the past year.  But it's over 500 pages...is that overkill?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, mjtollef said:

Joining the group!  We just got notice yesterday that my husband's I-751/removal of conditions was approved.  So, as soon as we have the 10-year green card in hand, we'll be sending his N-400!

I'm also curious what supporting documents people are sending.  I was considering sending everything from the I-751/ROC application plus updates from the past year.  But it's over 500 pages...is that overkill?

No, that's not an overkill. Send everything that will boost your application. This is the final journey...

Timeline
15 minutes ago, maestro said:

I applied yesterday, how can I check to see my estimate time?and also it's only said case recieved and notice was mail..

Check your online account by tomorrow; it should be at top when you click the case history section. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, chars said:

Check your online account by tomorrow; it should be at top when you click the case history section. 

Oh okk so basically 48hr after they received the application..thanks chars...😁😁😁

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi guys,

I'm so excited! Can't believe I'm at the last stage of this seemingly endless journey :)

I also have a few questions, and if anyone is kind enough to shed some light I'd be super grateful ❤️

1. Child support: Has anyone's spouse (US Citizen) have to pay child support to step children you have no legal responsibility towards? Do you have to provide proof that the child support is paid?
2. Travel history: Since the immigration is marriage based, is it enough to provide the past 3 year's travel history, not 5?
3. Crimes and offenses: I got a traffic ticket a while back, should I check "yes" for the part that asked if I was ever cited?

Thanks in advance, and good luck to us all!🤞

N-400 Timeline (Total time - 4.5 months): 

09/26/19 - Oath Ceremony

09/11/19 - Naturalization Interview
05/23/19 - Biometrics appt

05/04/19 - Biometrics rvcd

05/01/19 - Case accepted

05/01/19 - Submitted online

ROC Timeline (Total time - 13.5 months): 

06/25/19 - New card being produced

03/26/19 - Transfer Notice (to non-local service center)

06/21/18 - Biometrics appt
06/11/18 - Biometrics rvcd

05/21/18 - NoA rcvd

05/21/18 - check cashed

05/17/18 - NoA dated

04/26/18 - ROC package rcvd by USCIS

04/24/18 - Sent ROC package

Timeline

I got the update this morning, its estimated time 12months, and wait time 28days on the bottom line, I dont what that means. Can someone help?

Screenshot_20190410-111347_Chrome.jpg

Edited by maestro

Timeline

@ElizaY

**These are not legal advice**

1. No, you cannot transfer the financial obligation to a non-parent.

2. I would provide all international travels' records/information even though you're applying under the 3years rule. 

3. Traffic ticket:  What were the outcomes: If your fines were $500 or more it has to be reported and your answer will be "Yes". If it was a traffic citation with a fine of $160 or $180 assuming, than you can say "No".

However, in my case I said "Yes". I had a red light violation and was issued a citation with $138.50 fines. It was paid! Now, because of the word  "ever cited" on N400 I said "Yes" and provided the information with a receipt.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, maestro said:

I got the update this morning, its estimated time 12months, and wait time 28days on the bottom line, I dont what that means. Can someone help?

Screenshot_20190410-111347_Chrome.jpg

It means what it says. LoL 😀 I think that estimated wait time should be for NOA1 and biometric. If that's for an interview than I'm coming to your state to reapply for citizenship 😂😂😂. Wait for your NOA1 in your document tab and via mail.

Timeline
1 minute ago, chars said:

It means what it says. LoL 😀 I think that estimated wait time should be for NOA1 and biometric. If that's for an interview than I'm coming to your state to reapply for citizenship 😂😂😂. Wait for your NOA1 in your document tab and via mail.

Lol come I'm waiting for you,,I wish its it's completely time..thank u 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, chars said:

@ElizaY

**These are not legal advice**

1. No, you cannot transfer the financial obligation to a non-parent.

2. I would provide all international travels' records/information even though you're applying under the 3years rule. 

3. Traffic ticket:  What were the outcomes: If your fines were $500 or more it has to be reported and your answer will be "Yes". If it was a traffic citation with a fine of $160 or $180 assuming, than you can say "No".

However, in my case I said "Yes". I had a red light violation and was issued a citation with $138.50 fines. It was paid! Now, because of the word  "ever cited" on N400 I said "Yes" and provided the information with a receipt.

Thanks Chars. Sorry, I wasn't clear on the questions.

For the first question, my husband has children, and I don't have legal responsibility towards them (they don't live with us and my husband pay child support), do I still have to provide their birth certificates and proof that the child supports have been paid?

For the second question, the option for on line application is to input the "arrival" and "departure" dates (it then shows how many days were you outside of the US), but since I did not live in the US at the time, I don't know how to input it. Should I just type up an attachment of the travel history I had when I lived overseas?

Lastly, the fine was $125, I will include the ticket and paid receipt as you suggested :)

N-400 Timeline (Total time - 4.5 months): 

09/26/19 - Oath Ceremony

09/11/19 - Naturalization Interview
05/23/19 - Biometrics appt

05/04/19 - Biometrics rvcd

05/01/19 - Case accepted

05/01/19 - Submitted online

ROC Timeline (Total time - 13.5 months): 

06/25/19 - New card being produced

03/26/19 - Transfer Notice (to non-local service center)

06/21/18 - Biometrics appt
06/11/18 - Biometrics rvcd

05/21/18 - NoA rcvd

05/21/18 - check cashed

05/17/18 - NoA dated

04/26/18 - ROC package rcvd by USCIS

04/24/18 - Sent ROC package

Timeline

@ElizaY

1. You're the applicant and your husband isn't. Your husband is the one who has children and he's paying child support, case closed. You don't even need to show proof that your husband is paying child support from his previous relationship. Assuming you have a child support (which is not the case); you don't need to show proof of payment unless you have an outstanding debts with the payment or behind in payment than you can attach copy of documents to proof that you are currently making payments and also bring a copy to the interview. 

1.a. Even though they're your stepchildren and don't live with you, you still have to provide info on each of them on the N400. Ask your husband for their bio info. Also ask him if can get a copy certified copy of their birth certificates; those certificates have all info if he can't remember them. I don't think they might want to see the birth certificates for your stepchildren but take it if you can to be on the"prepared side". 

2. Have you travelled outside the US since you became LPR? If yes, then you have to provide your arrival and departure dates. If you haven't left the US then you don't have any information to provide. You can visit this website to get I94 

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home info.

3. The fine was $125. Okay, but what was the violation? Anyway, just bring copy of the payment receipt and you will be just fine.

**These are expressed views and not legal advice***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greenland
Timeline

Hey guys,

I just submitted my N-400 a few minutes ago online after delaying it for almost a month.

Glad to be on board and godspeed to us all!

🙂

Spoiler
Adjustment Of Status:

06/25/2015: AOS/EAD/AP package Sent to USCIS

06/30/2015: Package received
07/03/2015: NOA1 hard copies received
07/10/2015: Biometrics appointment letter received
07/18/2015: RFE notice
07/23/2015: Biometrics appointment
07/24/2015: RFE hardcopy received
07/27/2015: RFE response sent via USPS express
07/29/2015: RFE received
08/24/2015: EAD/AP Card production/Approved
08/28/2015: EAD approval letter received
08/28/2015: EAD/AP Card Mailed
08/31/2015: EAD/AP Card received
09/03/2015: Applied for SSN
09/11/2015: SSN received
11/30/2015: AOS interview (no decision)
02/20/2016: RFE2: New medical
02/25/2016: New Medical completed/submitted
03/04/2016: Approved/Card Production
03/08/2016: Green card mailed
03/11/2016: 10 Year Green card in hand :dance:

Naturalization:
04/11/2019: N-400 filed online
04/13/2019: Biometrics appointment scheduled
04/16/2019: Biometrics letter mailed
04/30/2019: Biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.