corvusheart

Moving to the UK together if N400 gets denied

18 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. My husband was almost done with the immigration process with citizenship when after interview we got a RFE for more relationship evidence. We are 100% legit and have tax returns, leases, health insurance etc but it seems to not be a thick enough paper file for uscis. If the application gets denied based on us not having enough evidence he will be in danger of deportation since uscis will not believe we are legit.

I'm trying to put together a backup plan. Moving to the UK together. One of the requirements is that he is to have recently been living there obviously he doesn't meet that requirement because he's been here.

However under the exception list is the following: there would be very significant difficulties for you and your partner if you lived together as a couple outside the UK that could not be overcome.

Would him being deported count as one of those?

And for the financial requirement I know you have to have $20,000 in savings. We don't have that. Could we take out a cash loan and we pay it back from the UK?

Final question is I have a chronic medical condition Type 1 diabetes. Would this make me inadmissible?

Edited by corvusheart

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

He can move, hold a job for six months earning the required amount (£18,600 per year), then you join him.

The cash amount with no job or income is £62,000 for you both to go at the same time.

The cash can't come from a joint sponsor or loan. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I don’t get the deportation part 🤔

germangirlintheusa.blogspot.com

~~~ mrandmrsBRS Visa journey ~~~

Service Center: Vermont

Embassy: Frankfurt/Germany

Marriage: 2014-12-30

I-130 sent: 2015-1-5

I-130 Noa 1: 2015-1-12

I-130 approved: 2015-6-10

Your I-130 was approved in 149 days from your NOA 1 date.

NVC: 2015-7-8

AOS bill: 2015-8-4

AOS P.: 2015-9-22 (e-mail, PDF)

IV bill: 2015-9-15

IV P.: 2015-9-22 (e-mail, PDF)

Case Complete: 2015-10-12 (2015-12-07)

Supervisor Review 2015-11-02Called NVC 2015-12-07 (no longer under supervisor review, waiting for an Interview Date)

Medical: 2016-1-7

Interview Frankfurt: 2016-1-19 (called NVC 2015-12-14) APPROVED :dancing: :wub:

POE: 2016-2-9 ATL (Atlanta)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, mrandmrsBRS said:

I don’t get the deportation part 🤔

2018 law saying if denied any immigrant benefit applied for...AOS, ROC, citizenship, extension of student visa, etc....results in deportation.

5 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

2018 law saying if denied any immigrant benefit applied for...AOS, ROC, citizenship, extension of student visa, etc....results in deportation.

So a denied N400 is a for sure deportation?

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

15 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

What if we withdraw N400 what happens then?

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

3 minutes ago, H&T said:

l never see any article from USCIS stated that denied N400 will lead to a deportation. Where  you get that information?

https://qz.com/1323136/a-uscis-immigration-policy-change-threatens-non-citizens-with-deportation-if-they-lose-status/

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, corvusheart said:

This article not from USCIS, so it's not a trusted information.

2 minutes ago, H&T said:

If you look at the article there's a spot where the text is blue that reads USCIS announced. If you click on it the USCIS document will pop up.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

An LPR cannot be deported unless there is clear immigration fraud.  And that is only after appearing before an immigration judge, a long process.  So you're a long way from deportation concerns.  Sounds like your evidence is sound, unless there's a problem in his past, like criminal activity, he should be fine for citizenship, or if denied, you can always try again later or he can just remain an LPR.  I had an aunt who was Canadian but lived in the US as an LPR most of her life.  She just refused to become a US citizen and renewed her green card every 10 years.

According to this any denied application or petition for immigration benefits will result in removal proceedings. https://qz.com/1323136/a-uscis-immigration-policy-change-threatens-non-citizens-with-deportation-if-they-lose-status/

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Timeline
44 minutes ago, H&T said:

Yep, but she doesn't respond well to logic or arguments so I now tend to let it go and let her believe what she wants. I'm not bothered to even look it up.  

The link to the USCIS doc is on the page.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.