Dashinka

Green New Deal fails Senate test vote as dozens of Democrats vote 'present'

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

do they really think we are so stupid to not remember that tornados, hurricanes/cyclones and blizzards have been happening over a large portion of this planet's history?

Ah, but none as bad or as frequent as these man-caused ones!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

9 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Efficiency gains, renewable energy sources (not certain the Earth is not still manufacturing oil, coal) always should be a goal of everyone.  What gets me is the "sky is falling" mentality, and all the blame on mankind.  Do you ever notice that every dire prediction is always a minimum of 10 years out.  Another thing that gets me is the incessant tying of every major weather event to climate change, do they really think we are so stupid to not remember that tornados, hurricanes/cyclones and blizzards have been happening over a large portion of this planet's history?

i dont think we are the cause of it, but i do think that we are making it worse, to what degree, thats what the scientists are trying to figure out. so far they are getting better at it, but i think there is a ways to go to prove it so that the doubters will start to notice.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Just now, Prizm123 said:

i dont think we are the cause of it, but i do think that we are making it worse, to what degree, thats what the scientists are trying to figure out. so far they are getting better at it, but i think there is a ways to go to prove it so that the doubters will start to notice.

and once again I think you nailed within a very narrow margin what most of us here think

4 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

and once again I think you nailed within a very narrow margin what most of us here think

well i still dont think i really fit in, but i appreciate that you are trying to be accepting

especially considering the rocky start

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

20 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

well i still dont think i really fit in, but i appreciate that you are trying to be accepting

Most of us here think Climate change is an unsettled science and that the changes have been going on long before man came on the planet. We also mostly agree man is affecting it to some point, just not the extreme most say.

As for the environment I think we all agree it is important to take care of it. We have made giant strides since the late 60's love canal etc. I think the EPA is vital, it just needs to simplify things,. I use to be in chemical manufacturing of cleaning products. We led the way in a lot of DFE work. Often they would tell us.. just do something then we will make a decision. Absurd. The myriad of regs was too burdensome. It took 2 or 3 real geeks to stay on top of it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

well i still dont think i really fit in, but i appreciate that you are trying to be accepting especially considering the rocky start

This is gracious, candid, sincere, and worthy of more than just one reputation point.

Intelligent, thoughtful contributions (and those with ridiculous humor) are always welcome here.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

12 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

We need more people here that "dont fit in "  its boring when some posts an opinionated topic and you get is 10 posts going .. you are right dude 

2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

We need more people here that "dont fit in "  its boring when some posts an opinionated topic and you get is 10 posts going .. you are right dude 

lol thanks, honestly i was thinking i probably wasnt going to stick around here because of that, as an unabashed anti trumper and i always feel like i am walking on eggshells, because i use very salty and confrontational language at times and as you know, it can cause problems

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Filed: Timeline
41 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

lol thanks, honestly i was thinking i probably wasnt going to stick around here because of that, as an unabashed anti trumper and i always feel like i am walking on eggshells, because i use very salty and confrontational language at times and as you know, it can cause problems

Wait, what?  YOU???  Naw....

As I am sure you are aware, differing opinions are what cause change and (hopefully) improvement.  While I am not a fan of Trump’s silly tweeting, and don’t think he is a very good speaker in general, I DO think he is trying to do his best to improve our nation.  Going back to your laundry list of things you don’t like about him, I disagree with some, and agree with others.  I support the office, if not always fond of the man.  I tried to do the same for Obama; I certainly did not go around on CEHST and FB calling him names, and often defended him against that as our supreme leader.

Having said that, I will likely vote for him next round, unless a superior candidate comes along.  As I said I think he has been good overall for America, and while I agree he is not very refined, and shoots from the hip a lot, I also think America NEEDED a non-PC politician to shake things up.  Plus, I find it fun to watch the MDL get all wound up and freak out when he says something they don’t like.  The “$h1thole countries” was one I found particularly amusing, especially given how accurate he was about the whole thing.

Pro tip... if ever you feel you need to use “salty and confrontational” language towards someone, do it via PM.  Less likely to land you in the gulag that way.  Feel free to do it with me any time, I love some salt and pepper on my confrontations!  :devil:

2 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

don’t think he is a very good speaker in general,

actually i think he is a VERY good speaker, and thats why he won, and that is why his base will stick with him no matter what.

today's society is based on instant gratification, and the news media loves short and simple soundbites because people tend to have short attention spans. he gives that to them, "build that wall" "lock her up".... short simple slogans.

Hillary didnt lose because of Comey, or collusion, or even her emails. She lost because Trump was more charismatic and was able to condense much more succinctly and create easily digestable and repeatable things. That she was a horrible candidate is almost secondary to that.

i bet even the most ardent Hillary supporter would be hard pressed to find something that she said that connected with people on such a primal level as the things Trump says. I certainly cant, but I was not a Hillary supporter until she locked up the nomination and had the damned if you do and damned if you dont moment in the voting booth

This is why I dont think most of the democratic candidates have a chance in the election, because they are simply not charismatic enough or can communicate in the way he does.

Maybe i will make another long post about my thoughts on the democratic candidates....

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Identity Politics was probably the tipping point, she did not need to to go there and did.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

11 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

actually i think he is a VERY good speaker, and thats why he won, and that is why his base will stick with him no matter what.

today's society is based on instant gratification, and the news media loves short and simple soundbites because people tend to have short attention spans. he gives that to them, "build that wall" "lock her up".... short simple slogans.

Hillary didnt lose because of Comey, or collusion, or even her emails. She lost because Trump was more charismatic and was able to condense much more succinctly and create easily digestable and repeatable things. That she was a horrible candidate is almost secondary to that.

i bet even the most ardent Hillary supporter would be hard pressed to find something that she said that connected with people on such a primal level as the things Trump says. I certainly cant, but I was not a Hillary supporter until she locked up the nomination and had the damned if you do and damned if you dont moment in the voting booth

This is why I dont think most of the democratic candidates have a chance in the election, because they are simply not charismatic enough or can communicate in the way he does.

Maybe i will make another long post about my thoughts on the democratic candidates....

I agree with all except Hillary lost because Trump was better at some things.  Hillary lost because she was the most despised, corrupt , out of touch elitist, the Dems had ever run. She would not have won her Primary had it not been for collusion. 

I  think any of the other Dems running would have beat him, Sanders included

19 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I agree with all except Hillary lost because Trump was better at some things.  Hillary lost because she was the most despised, corrupt , out of touch elitist, the Dems had ever run. She would not have won her Primary had it not been for collusion. 

I  think any of the other Dems running would have beat him, Sanders included

I dont think Sanders would have been able to beat him in retrospect.

Sanders was actually my first choice, but he has the charisma of an old library book which would not have garnered enough coverage on any news outlet the way Trump can get. he is a master of media savvy, and negative coverage is good coverage because it gives him a convenient target to further reinforce his point.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

So does Trump.

:devil:

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!