Mr Genuis

221 g letter ( in eligible for cr1 visa)

18 posts in this topic

So visa appointment was on the 26th of march 2019 in Seoul. i went there 1hr 30 mins early as my appointment was at 8 a.m. i was the first person and i stood there for a while before others start coming.

7:30 a.m the embassy was open an those whos appointment was 7;45 were asked to stand infront of the immigrant lin there are two lines, non immigrant and immigrant visas). my turn for security check. so like others, i turn off my phone and gave to the security lady. she gave me a card for later pick up of my phone (note, only one cell phone is allowed, no other devices are allowed).

i got in after pased security and was directed to the 2nd floor. i waited there untill my tunrn. the young korean lady placed a sticker on my passport and advise me to removed my document from the file before going to the 3rd floor. she then gave me a small transperent bag to put my 2 pictures. she checked on my passport to see if its valide ( but for koreans, she checked all their documents, medical reports etc).

i moved to the 3rd floor. that was where the long wait was. i spend like 1 hour sitted before i was called for pre screening. the beautiful korean lady i believe she is of her late 30s or early 40s. Went through my documents. she asked me how long i have been in korea. she went through and discardet the paper that were not necessary she return them to me and said my orignal birth certifcate will be return to me after interview. she then gave me a sticker to go and pay my application fee at the 2nd floor counter. i had enough money with me so i had to pay 325 dollars ( 390 000 korean won) i gave the old lady 400k she returned 10 k. 

i went back to the third floor and i rang the ittle bell the lady who pre screen me ask e to ring when i return from paying. so she came and collected the receipt of payement she asked me to sit the consulate will call me for an interview.

i waited for like 1 hr 25 minutes, then an American Consulate called me. ( at this time i was happy because the was this korean lady i heard about that she complicate alot so i never wanted to go to her) so i walked to the consulate. 

the consulate ask me un related questions. well, some will say it was relevant

but never read from somewhere. he asked me to tell him about .... called my wife's name. i simple told him she is my wife. she asked me to give details he siad he like details he then ask me how we met? where is my wife coming from? which state? what is the state like? do i have any family member in the state? any siblings? how many siblings? where is my mom and my that? well aske me so many questions why my wife change her school where she previousl worked? what was the exact name of her the injury she got? what caused it and he said he has never heard of teachers having injury because o work. he ask me about my status in the country i am if i got a visa?

then he said under the immigration law petitioner has to prove their domicile to the U.S so the documents i provided where not strong enough, by then i was very frustrated after all that questions and i got very angry. i told him my wife submitted her current contract wich shows she is here temporary but the co said its not enough. i showed hin bank statements in u,s well all was not good enough. he said he need to see prove that my wife and i will leave korea and establish in the u.s.a. so he then listed some examples like, Assets, house lease, employment in u.s or any document to show that my wife is making efforts to re-establish in U.s. 

After all that he gave me a blue paper form 221 g. on it., he put a star on prove of domicile. and said i should try together with my wife and look for any documents. he said it must be somewhere we just have look again. and told me ones i have gotten the document.., i dont need to visist the embassy i should just mail it to them together with my passport.

i walk away picked up my phone and told my wife. my wife sent me emails of her job interviwes in u.s, job offer, and some other documents which if i heard earlier would ave gotten my approval.

so my case is on AP though i just mailed all the documents including flight itenary, documents from her dean requestinfg her to be in the U.s by this spring for her last class, also a letter showing she needs ro do practicals which was a requirement before she finished school or graduated. i send employment offer and document from her dean acknowledging her return to korea this spring to finish school and do her clinicals.

i will updates when something show up.

Sounds like they want more domicile proof like a lease or other rental agreement.  Does your wife have that?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

7 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Sounds like they want more domicile proof like a lease or other rental agreement.  Does your wife have that?

7 minutes ago, NikLR said:

My wife lives here with me. she is working here for over 1 year. we intend to leave in her grand mm's house for a 3 months before getting our own apartment. we cant pay house now too because her credit is low. most landlords we attempted to contact. did not accept. so i submitted other evidence. hoping it counts.

Edited by Mr Genuis

Just now, Mr Genuis said:

My wife leaves here with me. she is working here for over 1 year. we intend to leave in her grand mm's house for a 3 months before getting our own apartment. we cant pay house now too because her credit is low. most landlords we attempted to contact. did not accept. so i submitted other evidence. hoping it counts.

So get a letter or lease agreement from grandma.  Many Canadians do it.  Read the Canada domicile thread for ideas.  Montreal is probably the strictest consulate in the world regarding domicile. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

6 minutes ago, NikLR said:

So get a letter or lease agreement from grandma.  Many Canadians do it.  Read the Canada domicile thread for ideas.  Montreal is probably the strictest consulate in the world regarding domicile. 

ok. thanks

On 3/27/2019 at 4:14 PM, Mr Genuis said:

So visa appointment was on the 26th of march 2019 in Seoul. i went there 1hr 30 mins early as my appointment was at 8 a.m. i was the first person and i stood there for a while before others start coming.

7:30 a.m the embassy was open an those whos appointment was 7;45 were asked to stand infront of the immigrant lin there are two lines, non immigrant and immigrant visas). my turn for security check. so like others, i turn off my phone and gave to the security lady. she gave me a card for later pick up of my phone (note, only one cell phone is allowed, no other devices are allowed).

i got in after pased security and was directed to the 2nd floor. i waited there untill my tunrn. the young korean lady placed a sticker on my passport and advise me to removed my document from the file before going to the 3rd floor. she then gave me a small transperent bag to put my 2 pictures. she checked on my passport to see if its valide ( but for koreans, she checked all their documents, medical reports etc).

i moved to the 3rd floor. that was where the long wait was. i spend like 1 hour sitted before i was called for pre screening. the beautiful korean lady i believe she is of her late 30s or early 40s. Went through my documents. she asked me how long i have been in korea. she went through and discardet the paper that were not necessary she return them to me and said my orignal birth certifcate will be return to me after interview. she then gave me a sticker to go and pay my application fee at the 2nd floor counter. i had enough money with me so i had to pay 325 dollars ( 390 000 korean won) i gave the old lady 400k she returned 10 k. 

i went back to the third floor and i rang the ittle bell the lady who pre screen me ask e to ring when i return from paying. so she came and collected the receipt of payement she asked me to sit the consulate will call me for an interview.

i waited for like 1 hr 25 minutes, then an American Consulate called me. ( at this time i was happy because the was this korean lady i heard about that she complicate alot so i never wanted to go to her) so i walked to the consulate. 

the consulate ask me un related questions. well, some will say it was relevant

but never read from somewhere. he asked me to tell him about .... called my wife's name. i simple told him she is my wife. she asked me to give details he siad he like details he then ask me how we met? where is my wife coming from? which state? what is the state like? do i have any family member in the state? any siblings? how many siblings? where is my mom and my that? well aske me so many questions why my wife change her school where she previousl worked? what was the exact name of her the injury she got? what caused it and he said he has never heard of teachers having injury because o work. he ask me about my status in the country i am if i got a visa?

then he said under the immigration law petitioner has to prove their domicile to the U.S so the documents i provided where not strong enough, by then i was very frustrated after all that questions and i got very angry. i told him my wife submitted her current contract wich shows she is here temporary but the co said its not enough. i showed hin bank statements in u,s well all was not good enough. he said he need to see prove that my wife and i will leave korea and establish in the u.s.a. so he then listed some examples like, Assets, house lease, employment in u.s or any document to show that my wife is making efforts to re-establish in U.s. 

After all that he gave me a blue paper form 221 g. on it., he put a star on prove of domicile. and said i should try together with my wife and look for any documents. he said it must be somewhere we just have look again. and told me ones i have gotten the document.., i dont need to visist the embassy i should just mail it to them together with my passport.

i walk away picked up my phone and told my wife. my wife sent me emails of her job interviwes in u.s, job offer, and some other documents which if i heard earlier would ave gotten my approval.

so my case is on AP though i just mailed all the documents including flight itenary, documents from her dean requestinfg her to be in the U.s by this spring for her last class, also a letter showing she needs ro do practicals which was a requirement before she finished school or graduated. i send employment offer and document from her dean acknowledging her return to korea this spring to finish school and do her clinicals.

i will updates when something show up.

i just checked on the ceac website it show lastly updated 28 march. but still on AP. This is one of my biggest night mare

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, NLQ591 said:

Hi! I have a question, did you find it very challenging to set an online appointment in submitting the i-130? Cause i cannot find any available appointments, it shows nothing and to check the next day... thank you 

Which embassy are you filling at?

2 minutes ago, NLQ591 said:

Oh i see. Cause this is always what shows up

https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/intl/KS/SEK/130/dates

Try this link:   https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/v2

3 minutes ago, NLQ591 said:

It’s the same link . Thank you.. i gues si have to check from time to time.. i hope to get an appointment soonest...

Aight  but you can always call them. If you cant fine an appointment. They have a number. Try to call them they will make one for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.