63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

Thank you, I am doing some research on the option now, just seeing if anyone has went this route in their process for sponsorship 

https://cliniclegal.org/resources/calculating-income-affidavit-support

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

4 minutes ago, Nereyda said:

Yes, they base it on your tax returns but they look at the Total Income line which is listed on your tax returns. The amount that is listed under the Total Income line is what they go by, not your gross income. I'm speaking as someone who successfully brought their husband from DR this year. I was confused about what they look for on the tax return and i was told that it's the total income. It even says that on the AOS instructions and the income you fill out is the total income line and not your gross income.

I just looked at my tax transcripts, and the amount listed under total income is what I have used. So I guess in totality that is not enough to them 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nereyda said:

Yes, they base it on your tax returns but they look at the Total Income line which is listed on your tax returns.

Actually, the most important factor is current and expected income for the future....but they consider the whole picture.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, missileman said:

Actually, the most important factor is current and expected income for the future....but they consider the whole picture.

would resubmitting my I-864 with my offer letter that includes my new income effective from Sept 2018 as well as a letter from my HR indicating my position, and annual salary and effective start date in that position possible assist? Even if I send that information in with a co-sponsor? 

Per the Tier 2 person I spoke with, he informed me it would not hurt to resubmit my I-864 along with my tax transcripts again, however when I sent in the initial paperwork I did not do my 2018 taxes, whereas now I have completed that and can provide that as well, or could doing that effect the process further?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

would resubmitting my I-864 with my offer letter that includes my new income effective from Sept 2018 as well as a letter from my HR indicating my position, and annual salary and effective start date in that position possible assist? Even if I send that information in with a co-sponsor? 

Per the Tier 2 person I spoke with, he informed me it would not hurt to resubmit my I-864 along with my tax transcripts again, however when I sent in the initial paperwork I did not do my 2018 taxes, whereas now I have completed that and can provide that as well, or could doing that effect the process further?

It is usually better to just give them what they ask for.......it's the path of least resistance. Of course, in addition to what they asked for, giving them your new financial information (if improved) wouldn't hurt....just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, missileman said:

It is usually better to just give them what they ask for.......it's the path of least resistance. Of course, in addition to what they asked for, giving them your new financial information (if improved) wouldn't hurt....just my opinion.

perfect. Do I need to have the W2's for all the tax transcripts I submit? I have them for 2018-and 2017 but I honestly am not sure where 15 and 16's are currently. Would printing out the wage transcripts that include the W2 information along with the 1099 information  via irs.gov be sufficient or do I need the actual W2? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

perfect. Do I need to have the W2's for all the tax transcripts I submit? I have them for 2018-and 2017 but I honestly am not sure where 15 and 16's are currently. Would printing out the wage transcripts that include the W2 information along with the 1099 information  via irs.gov be sufficient or do I need the actual W2? 

W2s are not needed if using transcripts since they are official IRS generated documents which reflect what was actually filed.

3 minutes ago, missileman said:

W2s are not needed if using transcripts since they are official IRS generated documents which reflect what was actually filed.

even better! I did not include them in my initial packet, and was thinking that was one reason for the set back - thanks for all your help 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

Yes I sent pay stubs, that showed a promotion within my employment, and informed them with this new promotion I would be grossing 39k annually and submitted my offer letter that states my new annual raise on there, as well as tax transcripts from last year. 

Have you filed your tax this year? They might need the most recent.  We got an RFE last year even if my husband makes 160k and there's only 2 of us. It was also mentioned there to get a co sponsor. When i submitted our application we were not able to send the most recent coz it was January and the taxes are still being processed.  When i sent the recent tax documents, i didn't have a problem after that.

59 minutes ago, NovaDC said:

Have you filed your tax this year? They might need the most recent.  We got an RFE last year even if my husband makes 160k and there's only 2 of us. It was also mentioned there to get a co sponsor. When i submitted our application we were not able to send the most recent coz it was January and the taxes are still being processed.  When i sent the recent tax documents, i didn't have a problem after that.

No, when we filed I was not able to file my taxes yet, I filed after we submitted our paperwork. I was considering sending them in with my current tax year but scared it can impact our case negatively. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

No, when we filed I was not able to file my taxes yet, I filed after we submitted our paperwork. I was considering sending them in with my current tax year but scared it can impact our case negatively. 

I think you really have to send that. That's a requirement.

5 minutes ago, NovaDC said:

I think you really have to send that. That's a requirement.

So would it be a a good idea to try to send in my tax transcripts from this year and the last 3 years and see what happens or should I still try to find a co sponsor? If I don’t need one I’d rather not have one but don’t want to risk our case getting denied and him being issued a letter of deportation 

Timeline
9 hours ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

So would it be a a good idea to try to send in my tax transcripts from this year and the last 3 years and see what happens or should I still try to find a co sponsor? If I don’t need one I’d rather not have one but don’t want to risk our case getting denied and him being issued a letter of deportation 

If your income this year for your household passed the poverty line 110% then you don't have to get a co-sponsor. But if it didn't you need a co-sponsor. Either of the two you need to submit this year's tax transcript.

46 minutes ago, NovaDC said:

If your income this year for your household passed the poverty line 110% then you don't have to get a co-sponsor. But if it didn't you need a co-sponsor. Either of the two you need to submit this year's tax transcript.

Where do you get this 110% is okay? It's been stated several time in this thread 125% or more.  

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

2 hours ago, NovaDC said:

I brought home annually a little over 30k in 2018, so still over the 125% 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.