Jay1992

K-1 Advice needed

49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I wonder, if USCIS finds out the Canadian visa was just obtained to get out of India (no intent to obtain a degree in Canada) won't it have an impact on the US visa? I mean, if she's willing to commit fraud there, what would stop a person to do anything against the law here? Anyone?

OP, if it can have an impact (I'm waiting for other people who prob will know this better, I might be way off) I would seriously reconsider moving her to Canada. USCIS frowns big upon any kind of fraud in any country, and they should since immigrating is a privilege, not a right.

13 hours ago, Jay1992 said:

I have noticed some people saying 6 months and some 8-9 months....it seems tough to predict, however if I am US citizen and shes on student visa in Canada I would think it would be quicker (6 months or so)

Why do you think it would be quicker?  All K-1 petitioners are USCs.  All I-129F petitions are adjudicated at the California Service Center, in roughly the order submitted.  Canada is no faster than any other country.

10 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

K1  means marriage in the US

person needs the criminal reports for both India and Canada for the interview

if you k1 and marry here  it would be quite a few months for documnets to go back to India and marry there too

K1 is quite a bit more expensive than CR1 

this immigratio process is not fast

it is not easy

and it is not cheap

and last time it took 6 months for a K1 was like 2009

My now wife and I did the K1 route.  It would have been faster if it wasn't for 2 snags we hit along the way. A (partially avoidable) RFE and an unexpected police certificate for a country which she occasionally visited but was not resident.  OP should go the CR1 option instead. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, username_taken said:

I believe VJ TOS about fraudulent activities is not limited to just US fraudulent activities. I am asking for the thread to be closed accordingly.

correct.  the tos states you will not:
Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

this thread is now closed

Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.