Gigi5280

Do I resubmit the same Bona Fides to NVC as I did for USCIS?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Apologies if this is a silly question or has already been answered (I took a look, but didn't see this exact answer). When USCIS sends the packet to NVC, do all my bona fides go along with it? I'm trying to figure out if I just need to send supplementary bona fides from the time between our original filing and now, or if I should be resubmitting the entire list of things I already sent with our I-130 as well. Thank you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You should not have to send any additional information to NVC.  I would though take a copy of everything you submitted along with any other evidence you may have accumulated since filing to the consulate interview.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

You should not have to send any additional information to NVC.  I would though take a copy of everything you submitted along with any other evidence you may have accumulated since filing to the consulate interview.

Good Luck!

okay, wonderful! thank you :)

51 minutes ago, Gigi5280 said:

Apologies if this is a silly question or has already been answered (I took a look, but didn't see this exact answer). When USCIS sends the packet to NVC, do all my bona fides go along with it? I'm trying to figure out if I just need to send supplementary bona fides from the time between our original filing and now, or if I should be resubmitting the entire list of things I already sent with our I-130 as well. Thank you! 

Everything you submitted to uscis will be sent to nvc, and everything you send to nvc together with the previous file from uscis will be sent to the consulate interview.

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hmm, I think is best to send evidence of ongoing relationship to NVC. Anything that occurred from the time u send in your case to USCIS until now.(NVC)...so that all can be forwarded to the Embassy....that's a good look on ur case.

Example:

I submitted my case June , 2018, I've made 2 more trips to see my husband from June 2018....in October, 2018 and I'm abt to take the 2nd trip April 10, 2019. I'll forward those trips to NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Muna_93 said:

With respect, I would disagree slightly with the above advice. I have seen many cases where the applicant had further evidence of a bona fide marriage/relationship since they initially filed the I-130 petition, and brought this evidence to the interview but never got the chance to show it and were subsequently refused or asked to submit further documents, which delayed their visa.

Always give more information than the bare minimum. There is no harm in side-loading again at NVC. There is serious harm in lacking sufficient evidence and delaying your case unnecessarily. Most cases are approved/denied before they even get to interview depending on the info submitted at NVC. Also, USCIS is notorious for misplacing/losing documents. You cannot trust that they will definitely forward everything you send them. Why take the risk? Good luck!

Agree with you 100%. There is no harm to sideload new new evidence of a bona fide marriage at the NVC stage. thanks.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, AfricanQ said:

Hmm, I think is best to send evidence of ongoing relationship to NVC. Anything that occurred from the time u send in your case to USCIS until now.(NVC)...so that all can be forwarded to the Embassy....that's a good look on ur case.

Example:

I submitted my case June , 2018, I've made 2 more trips to see my husband from June 2018....in October, 2018 and I'm abt to take the 2nd trip April 10, 2019. I'll forward those trips to NVC

Right!

disagree!!

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Muna_93 said:

With respect, I would disagree slightly with the above advice. I have seen many cases where the applicant had further evidence of a bona fide marriage/relationship since they initially filed the I-130 petition, and brought this evidence to the interview but never got the chance to show it and were subsequently refused or asked to submit further documents, which delayed their visa.

Always give more information than the bare minimum. There is no harm in side-loading again at NVC. There is serious harm in lacking sufficient evidence and delaying your case unnecessarily. Most cases are approved/denied before they even get to interview depending on the info submitted at NVC. Also, USCIS is notorious for misplacing/losing documents. You cannot trust that they will definitely forward everything you send them. Why take the risk? Good luck!

I agreed!!!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Bayman said:

Right!

1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

Good Luck!

Disagree !!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Muna_93 said:

Thanks for the advice - you're right, it doesn't hurt to send extra! I was already planning to send recent call logs, photos and boarding passes from the trips we've had since we filed, and evidence of joint finances. We front loaded pretty heavily for the I-130, so I can just copy that stack of evidence and add it in. I appreciate everyone taking the time to comment! 

Edited by Gigi5280

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.