M & J

adjusting status for mother in law

58 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Umka36 said:

So grandparents should be honest when applying for the B2 then on what they intend to do in the US.

Is “to be with the grandkid, play with him/her, hug him/her” is considered honest? If a grandma plays with the kid all day along, is it considered a work that shudn’t be allowed or a social/emotional interaction that’s in fact is good for kids?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

3 hours ago, EM_Vandaveer said:

Other people may feel differently about long visits, especially long visits to see family. I'm sure that the teenage years are difficult. I have a 6.5-year-old, an almost 5-year-old & an almost 2-year-old and so far I found the newborn stage the hardest for sure. Sleep deprivation affects me very negatively.

FYI, sleep deprivation continues in the teenage years, when they are out late with the car.   😂

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, arken said:

Is “to be with the grandkid, play with him/her, hug him/her” is considered honest? If a grandma plays with the kid all day along, is it considered a work that shudn’t be allowed or a social/emotional interaction that’s in fact is good for kids?

Then you put that on the B2 application on why the visit. If the grandparent are there to watch their grandchild so the parents can go back to work then put that as what the other poster wrote seems to indicate the CO doesn't care. You are reading too much into what I wrote.

Babysitting may be incidental to a visit

looking after the kids all day every day while both parents work full time is not incidental babysitting 

but this thread has gotten so far off track I can’t even remember if this situation is relevant to OP anymore, who lest we forget is interested in a green card for the grandparent, not babysitting on a b2

17 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Babysitting may be incidental to a visit

looking after the kids all day every day while both parents work full time is not incidental babysitting 

but this thread has gotten so far off track I can’t even remember if this situation is relevant to OP anymore, who lest we forget is interested in a green card for the grandparent, not babysitting on a b2

What's new. Posting like these always get derailed in the end. I imagine the OP got what the need and moved on.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, Umka36 said:

What's new. Posting like these always get derailed in the end. I imagine the OP got what the need and moved on.

Nothing gets more attention than sweet excited grandmas, visiting to hold their daughters’ terrified hand during labor and perhaps change a few diapers while their postpartum daughters take a 45 minute nap to compensate for their sleepless nights. Those mischievous nasty grandmas, stomping on the laws in pure bliss :)

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:03 PM, Junior11 said:

Nothing gets more attention than sweet excited grandmas, visiting to hold their daughters’ terrified hand during labor and perhaps change a few diapers while their postpartum daughters take a 45 minute nap to compensate for their sleepless nights. Those mischievous nasty grandmas, stomping on the laws in pure bliss :)

Are only grandmas able to can assist? I would imagine ones partner would chip in as I had to, since both my wife's parent have passed away?

In all seriousness, no one is saying that one's parent shouldn't be able to visit. But mentioning their visit is for watching/babysitting their grandchild, then don't be surprise with the responses one will get.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, Umka36 said:

Are only grandmas able to can assist? I would imagine ones partner would chip in as I had to, since both my wife's parent have passed away?

In all seriousness, no one is saying that one's parent shouldn't be able to visit. But mentioning their visit is for watching/babysitting their grandchild, then don't be surprise with the responses one will get.

Oh I quoted you, to agree with you. Grandmas helping with newborns always derail threads and make everyone loose track of the original question/post. 

14 hours ago, Umka36 said:

For me, I’m done. My kids are 4 and 9 months, but I told my wife that when they have kids, she can take care of them all she wants, but I’m done. I will pay for a babysitter, but me no watching their kids, uhm-uhm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/26/2019 at 9:12 AM, aaron2020 said:

STOP WITH THE BABY CARE STUFF.   That's not going to help the OP.

OP's mom should file for AOS and wait the 5-7 months for AP to travel out of the US without abandoning the process.  As the Immediate Relative of a USC, any work or overstay is ignored.  Neither work or overstay can be cause to deny the AOS.

Fin. 

This is the best answer in this thread, but it seems to have been ignored.

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

• 1 month later...

wow just read this thread and so appalled how the GOLD members and PLATINUM members STIRS up controversy on such an innocent statement of grandma helping with new born.  just a shame! You guys should be reported. lol.

Filed I-130 : Oct. 20,2010

Notice of Action: Nov. 29,2010

NoA received: Dec.3, 2010

NoA reply sent: Feb 3,2011

Bangkok USCIS receipt: Feb. 7,2011

Notice of Approval : Feb. 23,2011

Our NoA receipt: March 7,2011

Packet 3 received: April 1, 2011

1 hour ago, rayne_4 said:

wow just read this thread and so appalled how the GOLD members and PLATINUM members STIRS up controversy on such an innocent statement of grandma helping with new born.  just a shame! You guys should be reported. lol.

Feel free to report whoever you think should be reported... there’s a button on each post for that. Of course, the mods will only care about TOS violations. 

21 hours ago, rayne_4 said:

What about DIAMOND members?  We're feeling left out :) 

FYI, we don't sugarcoat and tell it like it is from a CO's perspective

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.