Concerns Delaying my I-129F (Addresses, CCP Waiver, Income, Engagement Proof) & Tourist Visa ?

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I am preparing an I-129F to sponsor my P.R.C. national fiancee for a K-1 visa.

Our work and address histories are almost exclusively Chinese. Should these be inputted in pinyin? Should I include an addendum with each address written in Mandarin? Can anyone link to an example or describe how such an addendum should be written/formatted?  My Mandarin is A+, but I fear I may be required to pay for this section to be "professionally" translated.

<br>

My fiancee is a communist party member. She joined in graduate school for better job prospects.  She has since worked for two state owned companies. I am confident we have a strong case for a waiver, but I am unsure of how and when to apply for one.  Should this be submitted with the I-129F?  I am also unclear whether it is inappropriate for me to draft this waiver for her.

<br>

Can I change the address we intend to stay at later in the process?  I have temporarily moved in with a parent, but will rent a place for us before she arrives.  I am also unemployed right this moment.  I expect to have a job within the next two to three weeks.  Will this be an issue as far as proving minimum income requirements?  I am under the impression that I will not have to prove my income until slightly later in the process.

<br>

Is a signed Letter of Intent to Marry sufficient at this point in the application?  We do not have wedding plans scheduled yet as we figure she may not be able to enter the U.S. until about Christmas or even later.

<br>

Last year my fiancee applied for and was denied a tourist visa without prejudice. The consulate cited a lack of ties to her community (single, renting, just graduated 2 years ago.)  She now has a new Shanghai hukou, owns an apartment, and will travel to Japan (first time out of the country) in April. We suspect she has much better chances now, but understand our relationship may jeopardize a tourist visa application. If she interviews with the consulate a second time and fails to mention (but not deny) our relationship, will that be interpreted as lying on a future K-1 visa application? She did not mention our relationship during her first interview (around 1 year ago), but was not asked either.

<br>

Any insight or advice greatly appreciated!

Edited by 5201314

My fiancée put everything in pinyin. We wrote “see attached sheet” for past addresses and jobs because it’s too long. We added postal codes too. You don’t need a translation because it’s part of the form. 

You can change address during the process. We mailed that in (but apparently got lost in the mail) so we just changed it after NOA2 when we got a usdocs account. Not a big deal.

They need employment for a long time like three years. If not you may need a joint sponsor(s). Assets could help but you need a steady job. Make sure to keep all of your paystubs you’ll need them. Bank letter too but probably later on.

We put only intent to marry in the 129F but printed a plethora of wedding plan proof for the interview. And we updated the intents for interview, signed in blue and dated.

That’s all I can help you with I can’t give you an informed answer on the rest 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.