Savan

CR1 Denied and Possible Revocation

124 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Category is F4

Nothing to hear about until sometime c2030 or so.

You do make it very much sound you are Plan B.

I don't care what anyone says or what CO thinks, We lived together for 4 months after marriage. I know her family and I know her sisters family for 16 years.

1 minute ago, Apple Bee said:

This is what sucks about this forum. People throw stones then try to hide their hands and play innocent. I don't think OP was referring to either of you two, he was referring to that other member with the snarky "A lawyer ain't gonna change a denial into an approval" comment. If you yourself, weren't being sarcastic or unduly harsh, then you shouldn't take offense to the OP feeling hostility. The pack mentality on Visa Journey sometimes is sickening, honestly. You see people commenting rudely but you defend them and say it's under the guise of "being real". Please.

Everyone just providing fact based advice here

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Savan said:

I don't care what anyone says or what CO thinks, We lived together for 4 months after marriage. I know her family and I know her sisters family for 16 years.

The situation is what it is, only you can decide what you want to do given the circumstances.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
58 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

In most arranged marriages, the parents have to at least talk to each other and have an understanding of at least meeting before thousands of dollars are spent for the entire family to fly to India and talk marriage or to marry.

Is the US Embassy to believe that your entire family arranged vacations and spent thousands of dollars to go to India in the hope of you getting married without leads?  

You have an uphill battle.  You will need a lawyer if you want to pursue this.  

Our parents were talking and discussing if we agree how and where the marriage will be done, like i said we met their parents almost 2 months prior to me leaving for india. Once I came to india we spent time and decdied to get married we married 1 month later in simple way because her parents couldn't get time off from job. But then he was finally able to get time off so then we planned a wedding around 3 months later, in which time we prepared for wedding and were together spending time. Our parents were talking before i started talking with my now wife.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Savan said:

Her sister filed for sibling over 21, which is f2B i believe. Not sure what happen to it, her sister told me they never heard anything from them after they filed in 2015. She try contacting USCIS to see if that caused this mess but they wont give her answer, USCIS told her to hire a lawyer.

Her sister filed for her in the F4 category, US citizen petitioning a sibling.

The F2b category is for an LPR parent to petition for an unmarried son or daughter over the age of 21.

What happened is that the Priority Date is not current, so the petition waits in line for probably another 11 years to be eligible for a visa.

There is no mess.  You guys just don't understand what happens when a USC petitions a sibling.

USCIS is correct to tell her to hire a lawyer.  Their job is to process cases.  It's not their job to give legal advice on cases.  You need to hire a lawyer if you want legal advice on how the process works.

It seems that you and her family would benefit greatly by educating yourself on US immigration laws or hire a lawyer.

Edited by aaron2020

4 minutes ago, Savan said:

Our parents were talking and discussing if we agree how and where the marriage will be done, like i said we met their parents almost 2 months prior to me leaving for india. Once I came to india we spent time and decdied to get married we married 1 month later in simple way because her parents couldn't get time off from job. But then he was finally able to get time off so then we planned a wedding around 3 months later, in which time we prepared for wedding and were together spending time. Our parents were talking before i started talking with my now wife.

FYI.. cannot have two weddings. One is a wedding, the other one has to be a celebration of the wedding. 

I-751 journey

Timeline
1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

You clearly don't understand how this works then.   The only thing that matters is what the CO thinks.

That response was for that guy who said im plan B

Edited by Savan

Timeline
Just now, WeGuyGal said:

FYI.. cannot have two weddings. One is a wedding, the other one has to be a celebration of the wedding. 

Yes, thats what I meant, one is simple wedding that we did and registered with court which is our official wedding and second was done with all of our family which is celebration and ceremony invovled. I mean the ceremony was involved in the court marriage was too, but it wasnt big.

Timeline

The CO made judgement based on his thinking, rather then looking at proof of our relationship. I don't have to agree with him, so I will fight that decision by either submitting more proof or whatever the lawyer suggested, I'll hire a lawyer who has fought this type of cases before. The lawyer also can file a caveat and fight with USCIS. I was hoping if someone else has fought this type of case but it seems like im the only one who received this notice since everyone here keeps telling me what CO thinks, I respect what you guys are saying, which i know it too that he thinks her parents are trying to bring her here and that the marriage is sham, but im not looking here to know what's going on in CO's head.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

A lawyer can not help change the mind of the CO at embassy

you need to do what many of us (dealing with high fraud countries ) do

make as many return visits as you can

and reapply

i went thru a 6 year process (K1 in 2009 with visa in July 2015)

it is hard and heartbreaking 

and you need only to go thru a long and lengthy process with return trips to prove to immigration,  the marriage is valid and you are sincere 

and No one is judging you here,   we say what the CO notices and what they preceive

stay with it and prove immigration wrong

my opinion only here / don't wait for the NOIR /NOID

just reapply as i fought our denial in Immigraiton Court of Appeals and won  (marriage bona fida)  but they said reapply/  so time was wasted

6 years apart wow, so you suggest to reapply and fight?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Savan said:

Yes, thats what I meant, one is simple wedding that we did and registered with court which is our official wedding and second was done with all of our family which is celebration and ceremony invovled. I mean the ceremony was involved in the court marriage was too, but it wasnt big.

I can think of at least 2 similar threads in the last 2 days.

One that is very similar family had mainly moved over, daughter left behind, marriage on first visit.

Another where the US Citizen had divorced refused a Fiancee Visa for his girlfriend. Turns out his ex wife had petiotioned his GF's ex husband.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, Savan said:

The CO made judgement based on his thinking, rather then looking at proof of our relationship. I don't have to agree with him, so I will fight that decision by either submitting more proof or whatever the lawyer suggested, I'll hire a lawyer who has fought this type of cases before. The lawyer also can file a caveat and fight with USCIS. I was hoping if someone else has fought this type of case but it seems like im the only one who received this notice since everyone here keeps telling me what CO thinks, I respect what you guys are saying, which i know it too that he thinks her parents are trying to bring her here and that the marriage is sham, but im not looking here to know what's going on in CO's head.

NO ONE here is saying the marriage is a sham. You seem to be misquoting the jist of several posts. Your marriage could be as real as anyone elses. 

You have to see through what the CO in your wife's petition. There were several flags as have now been pointed out to you. Even as the marriage could be real, the CO had enough doubts to not issue the marriage-based visa for now. 

I-751 journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.