Savan

CR1 Denied and Possible Revocation

124 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Savan said:

I should of been there at interview but i just visited her 2 months ago so i didn't go. I would love to move to india but Im not financially unstable since I recently graduated and my contract to one of my job just ended. Im looking for 2nd job so i can pay off my student loan, the skills i have is with DoD so i wont be much of use in india and that has no value, so it would be better for me to stay in usa and support her financially while we wait for this process. I also support my parents, since they are old, so i cant leave them here. The only option i see is wait it out and visit her much as possible and support her financially from here.

Is she ok living away from her newly married husband AND away from her entire immediate family? You should ideally have a conversation with her. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Savan said:

In my group there are people who spend less time then that together, this is how arrange marriage is done. The CO has to know this.

No, but they can give me options on what to do next. such as filing a caveat. Im feeling little bit of hostility here instead of finding my options guys.

A lawyer can not help change the mind of the CO at embassy

you need to do what many of us (dealing with high fraud countries ) do

make as many return visits as you can

and reapply

i went thru a 6 year process (K1 in 2009 with visa in July 2015)

it is hard and heartbreaking 

and you need only to go thru a long and lengthy process with return trips to prove to immigration,  the marriage is valid and you are sincere 

and No one is judging you here,   we say what the CO notices and what they preceive

stay with it and prove immigration wrong

my opinion only here / don't wait for the NOIR /NOID

just reapply as i fought our denial in Immigraiton Court of Appeals and won  (marriage bona fida)  but they said reapply/  so time was wasted

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Savan said:

I should of been there at interview but i just visited her 2 months ago so i didn't go. I would love to move to india but Im not financially unstable since I recently graduated and my contract to one of my job just ended. Im looking for 2nd job so i can pay off my student loan, the skills i have is with DoD so i wont be much of use in india and that has no value, so it would be better for me to stay in usa and support her financially while we wait for this process. I also support my parents, since they are old, so i cant leave them here. The only option i see is wait it out and visit her much as possible and support her financially from here.

Trust me, hiring a lawyer will not do you any good. You will waste thousands of dollars and it won’t change anything in your case. Take the advice of people here, all currently in or have been through the CR-1 process. No two cases are the same, but the process is, as is the denial process. Just my opinion.

Edited by db2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Savan said:

In my group there are people who spend less time then that together, this is how arrange marriage is done. The CO has to know this.

No, but they can give me options on what to do next. such as filing a caveat. Im feeling little bit of hostility here instead of finding my options guys.

Sorry, there's a lot of hateful, mean-spirited people on this board unfortunately.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

ok.. bottom line is she couldn't come because she turned 21. She did not get a visa to join her entire immediate family in the US!

Let's not get hung up on semantics..

Her sister filed for sibling over 21, which is f2B i believe. Not sure what happen to it, her sister told me they never heard anything from them after they filed in 2015. She try contacting USCIS to see if that caused this mess but they wont give her answer, USCIS told her to hire a lawyer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The only information I have on your case is what you have posted here and reading that I would have come to the same conclusion of the CO.

There is a similar case running here, to be honest this one appears more clear cut.

You obviously have some issues to address, decisions to make, and they are inevitably personal. Not something anybody here can give you guidance on. 

Seems like a talk with her and her family about what they want to do would be in order.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
9 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Is she ok living away from her newly married husband AND away from her entire immediate family? You should ideally have a conversation with her. 

I mean no, no one is ok living away from their family and especially spouse, but she understands that there is no other choice. She was crying after the interview, but she knows its temporarily, she will come to me no matter what its just question of when.

1 minute ago, Savan said:

Her sister filed for sibling over 21, which is f2B i believe. Not sure what happen to it, her sister told me they never heard anything from them after they filed in 2015. She try contacting USCIS to see if that caused this mess but they wont give her answer, USCIS told her to hire a lawyer.

Her sister can only file for a sibling as a USC herself. Age doesn't matter for F4 category. Takes many many many years.

I-751 journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Savan said:

So she has an active sibling petition at USCIS, then while waiting for that (15+ years), she gets married to you and now has an active CR-1 petition.  It looks like her reason for marrying you was purely for immigration benefits and hence the reasons everyone here have given, and lots of good suggestions on how to move forward for you and your wife.

Edited by carmel34

Timeline
8 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

A lawyer can not help change the mind of the CO at embassy

you need to do what many of us (dealing with high fraud countries ) do

make as many return visits as you can

and reapply

i went thru a 6 year process (K1 in 2009 with visa in July 2015)

it is hard and heartbreaking 

and you need only to go thru a long and lengthy process with return trips to prove to immigration,  the marriage is valid and you are sincere 

and No one is judging you here,   we say what the CO notices and what they preceive

stay with it and prove immigration wrong

my opinion only here / don't wait for the NOIR /NOID

just reapply as i fought our denial in Immigraiton Court of Appeals and won  (marriage bona fida)  but they said reapply/  so time was wasted

If I was finanacially stable I would of have no problem living there until she gets visa but I take care of my parents and have to support my wife, and i can't do that living in india. I will try making visit as much as possible but it cant be for too long.

2 minutes ago, Savan said:

I mean no, no one is ok living away from their family and especially spouse, but she understands that there is no other choice. She was crying after the interview, but she knows its temporarily, she will come to me no matter what its just question of when.

Is her LPR mother ok with her daughter by herself in India? 

I-751 journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.