Savan

CR1 Denied and Possible Revocation

124 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Savan said:

I was introduced to her and we talk for a month and i visited her and after 2 weeks we got married. In india arrange marriage happens this way, the CO knows it too, the only thing its bothering them is the previous visa that they applied for her.

When?

timing matters here

1 minute ago, Savan said:

In my group there are people who spend less time then that together, this is how arrange marriage is done. The CO has to know this.

Wedding may not be an issue, but the timing following her previous denial raises suspicions to a CO. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

3 minutes ago, Savan said:

In my group there are people who spend less time then that together, this is how arrange marriage is done. The CO has to know this.

Hi,

I am going to ask a straight to the point question. Was your marriage arranged or not?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Then it comes down to the previous petition probably. Again for a large wedding party to take place that quick too, mean it takes a lot of planning so. Just saying the CO sees it as a way to bypass the appropriate sibling category visa most likely.

Only real way to overcome this most likely is more time spent together to show lots of face time, and wait longer to prove marriage,

And no one here is being hostile, we just ask direct questions to assess a timeline to try and give you better idea what the CO saw. Also the answers you get are going to be blunt and to the point sometimes. No one wants sugar coated answers that are meaningless. 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

No, but they can give me options on what to do next. such as filing a caveat. Im feeling little bit of hostility here instead of finding my options guys.

We're try to have to help gather facts to advise.. we're attempting to see what the CO saw. Why do you think that's hostile? 

I-751 journey

We could all sign out of this thread and have to wait for someone in a similar situation. Might be a long wait. As I said earlier, CR1 returns to USCIS are rare. 

I-751 journey

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

We are giving you options including asking some questions to see what could have made the CO feel the marriage is fraud. You haven’t responded to some questions but you seem to feel like CO should have granted her the visa just because arrange marriage is common in India and some other people were granted the visa. Each case is judged by its own background and evidences. 

You can definitely hire a lawyer and waste money just to get the same information you are getting here.

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, arken said:

We are giving you options including asking some questions to see what could have made the CO feel the marriage is fraud. You haven’t responded to some questions but you seem to feel like CO should have granted her the visa just because arrange marriage is common in India and some other people were granted the visa. Each case is judged by its own evidences. 

You can definitely hire a lawyer and waste money just to get the same information you are getting here.

No, I think they should of atleast not send the file back to USCIS and if they didn't want to believe us or see the proof then they should of done investigation, which i don't mind if they want to do investigation but straight out calling our marriage sham without a single evidence is wrong.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Savan said:

Im feeling little bit of hostility here instead of finding my options guys.

What you are getting is the cold hard truth of how the US Embassy sees your case.   Telling you about this is not hostility, it's just not what you want to her.  You want to hear solutions.  We're trying to tell you what the problems are.  How can you find solutions without fully understanding the problems.  While you think the problem is a US Embassy in India that doesn't understand how arranged marriages work in India.  The US Embassy understands local cultures and customs.  We are trying to tell you what the real problems are.  We are trying to help you.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am seeing no matter what we say the OP will not like it. When they don't hear the answers or quick solutions they want they tend to always get frustrated and then call us hostile. 

Good luck to the OP, but it isn't going to be a quick magical fix. Can search here on top right hand side in the search bar for things like "Arranged marriage" or "India arranged marriage" and find a lot of other threads from other posters. Those threads may contain more info you might find helpful or interested. I'm out.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.