Rociomtz

Ciudad Juarez wait time for interview

33 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I filed for husband at Texas Field office in November. I am getting closer to an approval! I have read about the horrid wait times for interviews at Ciudad Juarez at the moment but I have also came to know that many lawyers are still telling their clients it's about a 3 month wait time. This concerns me a little because it gives false hope. Have any of you had an experience like this with your attorney? If the wait times gets longer than it is now, I might consider moving to be with my husband while the process continues. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's definitely not 3 months. Our case was completed in October 2018 and we're going on 6 months of waiting. 

Realistic wait is 9 months +

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate :  
Marriage (if applicable): 2018-01-26
I-130 Sent : 2018-02-08
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-02-13
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2018-08-02
NVC Received :  
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-09-12
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-09-12
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-10-12
Submit DS-261 :  
Receive IV Bill : 2018-10-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-10-09
Send IV Package : 2018-10-12
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :  
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-10-22
NVC Left :  
Consulate Received :  
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  
Interview Date : 2019-10-01

Timeline

I know that I'm late to the party, but it's DEFINITELY not 3 months. My wife and I waited from Nov 14 to March 19 for an interview, and that was with an approved, expedited interview. From what I was seeing around 9+ months is pretty realistic and common at this point. It's sad and frustrating. Just hang in there, you'll get through!

•~moved to embassy discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures ~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 3 months later...
Timeline

My husband applied exactly 9 months ago today. At the time, our lawyer said 3-6 months. When 6 months came and went I asked her about it. She informed me of the long wait times right now for Ciudad Juarez. For those of you who responded to this in March, any updates? It is so disheartening to be waiting so long. Any encouragement would help! 

15 hours ago, katiemarcochikis said:

My husband applied exactly 9 months ago today. At the time, our lawyer said 3-6 months. When 6 months came and went I asked her about it. She informed me of the long wait times right now for Ciudad Juarez. For those of you who responded to this in March, any updates? It is so disheartening to be waiting so long. Any encouragement would help! 

Has your I-130 been approved ? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Rociomtz said:

Has your I-130 been approved ? 

Oh yes, a few years ago. I-130 approved and our I-601a waiver has also been approved. We are currently just waiting for his visa appointment. We applied 9 months ago. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/24/2019 at 3:51 PM, Rociomtz said:

Hello everyone,

I filed for husband at Texas Field office in November. I am getting closer to an approval! I have read about the horrid wait times for interviews at Ciudad Juarez at the moment but I have also came to know that many lawyers are still telling their clients it's about a 3 month wait time. This concerns me a little because it gives false hope. Have any of you had an experience like this with your attorney? If the wait times gets longer than it is now, I might consider moving to be with my husband while the process continues. 

We got the approval September of 2018  And we just got a letter for the interview in August of this year. 2019.  They had said that it would only be 3-6 months, but it took about a year for us.

Timeline
On 3/28/2019 at 7:39 AM, Logan & Eli said:

I know that I'm late to the party, but it's DEFINITELY not 3 months. My wife and I waited from Nov 14 to March 19 for an interview, and that was with an approved, expedited interview. From what I was seeing around 9+ months is pretty realistic and common at this point. It's sad and frustrating. Just hang in there, you'll get through!

On what grounds did you get her visa interview expedited. We would like to get our case expedited due to financial hardship and the beneficiary has also been having some medical issues that we are better equipped to deal with here in the US. We are also prepared to give information and paperwork for a co sponsor at the interview 

Timeline

We got her visa expedited for the same reasons that you are citing now; my wife was having some medical issues that were difficult to address in Mexico, and was also causing us significant financial hardship. I provided credit card statements and a breakdown of expenses to show how, for however long the wait continues, our financial situation will just continue to get worse. I also asked for a written letter from her doctor specifying her conditions and explaining how the added stress and anxiety of the situation was making her health worse and more difficult to manage and that the best way to help her would be for our wait to end. I compiled it all, wrote about a 4-page letter explaining our situation in extensive detail, and sent the letter, along with all extra evidence, to the NVC to be considered for expedition. It took about 2 weeks to hear back from them, but it worked.

Just go about it with the understanding that the more evidence you provide them, the easier a decision it will be for them. Do your best to show how the waiting is causing you unnecessary hardship and how health and financial issues would be significantly alleviated if they were to give you an interview.

I believe I also provided a complete and detailed timeline of our process, to show how we had already waited about 14 months and still had not received an interview. :) I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck! Please let me know if there are any other questions.

Timeline
On 7/25/2019 at 8:24 AM, Logan & Eli said:

We got her visa expedited for the same reasons that you are citing now; my wife was having some medical issues that were difficult to address in Mexico, and was also causing us significant financial hardship. I provided credit card statements and a breakdown of expenses to show how, for however long the wait continues, our financial situation will just continue to get worse. I also asked for a written letter from her doctor specifying her conditions and explaining how the added stress and anxiety of the situation was making her health worse and more difficult to manage and that the best way to help her would be for our wait to end. I compiled it all, wrote about a 4-page letter explaining our situation in extensive detail, and sent the letter, along with all extra evidence, to the NVC to be considered for expedition. It took about 2 weeks to hear back from them, but it worked.

Just go about it with the understanding that the more evidence you provide them, the easier a decision it will be for them. Do your best to show how the waiting is causing you unnecessary hardship and how health and financial issues would be significantly alleviated if they were to give you an interview.

I believe I also provided a complete and detailed timeline of our process, to show how we had already waited about 14 months and still had not received an interview. :) I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck! Please let me know if there are any other questions.

Thank you I really appreciate this information, how long was your case at nvc before you requested an expedite? Did you send all the fees, ds260, i864 and supporting documents and did the expedite once you knew they had it all? I filed  my ds260 and that shows online but my i864 and supporting documents don’t and when I call they say they don’t have them but I mailed them to them already i don’t know why they haven’t gotten to them so I’m afraid to send the expedite just yet. Also since you claimed financial hardship did you end up needing a cosponsor? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 12:22 PM, nandojr said:

It's definitely not 3 months. Our case was completed in October 2018 and we're going on 6 months of waiting. 

Realistic wait is 9 months +

Hi there. Just wondering if you have any updates on your interview. My case completed November 2018 and I'm curious to see how appointments are coming along. Thanks. 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Marcia C. said:

Hi there. Just wondering if you have any updates on your interview. My case completed November 2018 and I'm curious to see how appointments are coming along. Thanks. 

Good evening, 

I still don’t have an interview date, but several people with cc in late October have already received their interview. It seems like the wait is now 10 months for the interview notice. I’ll keep you all posted as soon as I hear something. 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate :  
Marriage (if applicable): 2018-01-26
I-130 Sent : 2018-02-08
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-02-13
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2018-08-02
NVC Received :  
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-09-12
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-09-12
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-10-12
Submit DS-261 :  
Receive IV Bill : 2018-10-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-10-09
Send IV Package : 2018-10-12
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :  
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-10-22
NVC Left :  
Consulate Received :  
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  
Interview Date : 2019-10-01

• 4 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 9:51 PM, nandojr said:

Good evening, 

I still don’t have an interview date, but several people with cc in late October have already received their interview. It seems like the wait is now 10 months for the interview notice. I’ll keep you all posted as soon as I hear something. 

My husband received his queue letter notification on February 28, 2019 and yesterday he got appointment notice scheduled for January 30, 2020. The wait time is long for an appointment. Keeping in mind Ciudad Juarez a busy consulate.

Edited by Tovar
Spelling error

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.