awaabj

Affidavit income proof question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My tax returns gross is less than 125% but more than 100%. I have a new job in which I started 4 months ago my pay is wayyy higher than 125% now. I am including 2 months worth of pay stubs, my previous tax return along with a letter explaining. I am tryimg to get something from my job because they said they dont do letters. My fiance interview is in 2 days. What are the chances of me being denied for being below 125% poverty on previous tax returns although I get paid more now.

Ghana? Its a high fraud country but I'm unsure how picky they are on the public charge and 100% vs 125% for the I-134. 

Hopefully someone more familiar can chime in. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, awaabj said:

My tax returns gross is less than 125% but more than 100%. I have a new job in which I started 4 months ago my pay is wayyy higher than 125% now. I am including 2 months worth of pay stubs, my previous tax return along with a letter explaining. I am tryimg to get something from my job because they said they dont do letters. My fiance interview is in 2 days. What are the chances of me being denied for being below 125% poverty on previous tax returns although I get paid more now.

For the K1 visa process you only need to show income of 100% when you come to adjust your status that is when you need to be on or above the 125%. However with that said its down to the discretion of the CO on the day of your fiance's interview. 

However due to Ghana being on the red flag list, due to high fraud rates i would recommend that you aim to show that you earn 125% by getting a letter of employment from your employer. 

Speak to your work because this will help with your case as if you have a signed letter stating your salary and if your position is full time or part time etc salary amount along with pay stubs then that will help with your case.

Good luck

Edited by Gama
Added more

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.