Hahz

AP for more than 6 months

25 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Husband had his interview in Cairo Egypt in August. I am an American citizen applying for ir1 visa. Have been in AP since then. Congressman and senator even got involved and nothing had changed. Is this normal? I am losing hope. 

All they did was ask for my proof of domicile to be sent to them after his interview. Then they sent him a very unprofessional looking sheet that asked for his addresses and social media usernames. Like additional info. We turned that in and heard nothing since. 

AP can take a while and unfortunately nothing can be done about it.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

1 minute ago, Hahz said:

Doesn’t it take up to 90 days only...

No. Can take anywhere from few days to months or years.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

31 minutes ago, Hahz said:

This is ridiculous. I’m a citizen...

So?

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

8 minutes ago, Hahz said:

I just thought that it wouldn’t take so long. I’m just surprised. I guess all we can do is wait. Have you successfully immigrated? 

Yep.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Hahz said:

I just thought that it wouldn’t take so long. I’m just surprised. I guess all we can do is wait. Have you successfully immigrated? 

sadly it isnt that easy. it sometimes takes longer for countries in the Middle East and Africa due to the amount of marriage fraud that occurs in those countries. But I must say the US embassy in Cairo had been speeding things up and people who have been on AP for a while are starting to heard back more recently.

5 minutes ago, Hahz said:

Middle East as well? Did you go through AP

You can look at my timeline. And no. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

11 minutes ago, db2016 said:

sadly it isnt that easy. it sometimes takes longer for countries in the Middle East and Africa due to the amount of marriage fraud that occurs in those countries. But I must say the US embassy in Cairo had been speeding things up and people who have been on AP for a while are starting to heard back more recently.

We have been married for seven years before applying. Lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hahz said:

We have been married for seven years before applying. Lol

yeah but is the US sponsor in the US? how long? how long were both of you physically together. Has applicant traveled a lot? They do thorough background checks, it could due to that. There are so many reasons. Being a US citizen and married for a long time doesn't necessarily mean the couple has enough evidence to get approved. My husband and I applied for the K1 before we withdrew and applied for the Cr-1 after getting married. We had more than enough evidence and it wasnt enough to get approved to the officer who interviewed my husband. a lot of it doesnt make sense to us unfortunately.

33 minutes ago, db2016 said:

yeah but is the US sponsor in the US? how long? how long were both of you physically together. Has applicant traveled a lot? They do thorough background checks, it could due to that. There are so many reasons. Being a US citizen and married for a long time doesn't necessarily mean the couple has enough evidence to get approved. My husband and I applied for the K1 before we withdrew and applied for the Cr-1 after getting married. We had more than enough evidence and it wasnt enough to get approved to the officer who interviewed my husband. a lot of it doesnt make sense to us unfortunately.

Are you on AP too? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You are referring to the dreaded DS-5535 form asking for all social media accounts, travel history, details on family, work, for many years.  There is a forum here on VJ about experiences in AP with the DS-5535 you can find and read so you know others' experiences and the long wait time involved.  Because of the visa application backlogs around the world and the research needed to review everything on the DS-5535, it can take a very long time and this will require a lot of patience for both of you in the interim.  All I can suggest is patience and go to visit your spouse as often as you can while waiting.  Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.