Koko4Evans

i130 Approval Times Texas

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Gojo said:

I filed October and still waiting. Your timeline says Nebraska so a little confused which SC you’re talking about. If it’s nebraska, the wait time is longer. I travel to see my husband every 3 months alternating between Turkey and Nigeria so that helps me with the wait. 

I just updated. I filed Texas i know several ppl who said 6 months. I just wanted an idea of when. Even if that's not the case I'm spending the summer there so i don't mind

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You'll have your answer here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Calling them won't put them on their toes; calling them is putting yourself on your own toes. For USCIS; they won't flinch one bit. 

Edited by nastra30

25 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

You'll have your answer here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Calling them won't put them on their toes; calling them is putting yourself on your own toes. For USCIS; they won't flinch one bit. 

How do we know what state process's them? Depending what state we live? looking ahead in the future for the processing.

pic2_2022.jpg.c44bdafe791ace24f3ee1b38379ac5ab.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Koko4Evans said:

I just updated. I filed Texas i know several ppl who said 6 months. I just wanted an idea of when. Even if that's not the case I'm spending the summer there so i don't mind

After i 130 approval then another 6-7 months until interview depending how soon consulate offers interview appt. Nigeria is a long wait that’s why I’m so glad my husband will be interviewing in Turkey. 

1 hour ago, Koko4Evans said:

I also filed i129f.

Why? To attempt the K-3 route? Although the K-3 visa is still part of current US law, it's basically obsolete. Below are the number of K-3 visas issued worldwide per fiscal year; https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2018AnnualReport/FY18AnnualReport - TableXVIB.pdf:

• 2018: 6 visas
  • 2017: 15 visas
  • 2016: 102 visas
  • 2015: 182 visas
  • 2014: 392 visas
  • 2013: 144 visas

Probably near 0 K-3 visas will be issued in fiscal year 2019. Very high odds your process will be IR-1/CR-1.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

How do we know what state process's them? Depending what state we live? looking ahead in the future for the processing.

States don't process I-130; it's a federal matter. USCIS service centers process I-130 petitions. Your NOA1 should have told you what service center it was sent to.

Timeline
1 minute ago, accumbyte said:

Why? To attempt the K-3 route? Although the K-3 visa is still part of current US law, it's basically obsolete. Below are the number of K-3 visas issued worldwide per fiscal year; https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2018AnnualReport/FY18AnnualReport - TableXVIB.pdf:

• 2018: 6 visas
  • 2017: 15 visas
  • 2016: 102 visas
  • 2015: 182 visas
  • 2014: 392 visas
  • 2013: 144 visas

Probably near 0 K-3 visas will be issued in fiscal year 2019. Very high odds your process will be IR-1/CR-1.

So true. I was a bit confused and about to say the same thing but decided not to comment. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Koko4Evans said:

Hey guys! I filed for my husband in January 2019.  How long does it take for approval of I130 at the Texas office. I call every few days to stay updated and keep them on their toes. 😆 I know this takes a while I'm prepared. I was also told its being processed. Can anyone share their timeline. Also has anyone filed Janurary this year?

If you filed in January, expect an approval of this whole process including interview in January 2020 at the minimum.  

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Gojo said:

If you filed in January, expect an approval of this whole process including interview in January 2020 at the minimum.  

Hmm ok my friend brought his wife it took about 8 months total. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Koko4Evans said:

When?  The only way that could hapen now is if they were able to file directly with a consulate........normal time now for a spouse visa from filing to visa in hand is 12-15 months

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Koko4Evans said:

I'm curious; what year was this? Are you sure it was not DCF?

I like your optimism but reality will hit you hard quickly.

Timeline
2 hours ago, nastra30 said:

I'm curious; what year was this? Are you sure it was not DCF?

I like your optimism but reality will hit you hard quickly.

Not really dear I've been waiting all this time. I was just curious of everyones timeline. Every country is different. I'm in no rush i enjoy traveling back and forth. We have several projects going on so its better that he's there right now. Granted we don't like the distance. But if i was so bothered I'd go join him until  time comes. So however long it takes we're good with it 😁... Don't worry yourself thinking I'm not realistic i was stating that my friends process for his wife took 8 months total!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Koko4Evans said:

Not really dear I've been waiting all this time. I was just curious of everyones timeline. Every country is different. I'm in no rush i enjoy traveling back and forth. We have several projects going on so its better that he's there right now. Granted we don't like the distance. But if i was so bothered I'd go join him until  time comes. So however long it takes we're good with it 😁... Don't worry yourself thinking I'm not realistic i was stating that my friends process for his wife took 8 months total!

Well, good for you. You have a strategy in place to pass the time. 

I'm still curious what year your friend completed the process for his wife?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

Well, good for you. You have a strategy in place to pass the time. 

I'm still curious what year your friend completed the process for his wife?

I also helped another friend file for his fiance last april shes here already has been for 2 months now. So i think everyones case is different. Plus making sure all your documents are correct. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.