Cmptrsdeal

Withdraw and refile new

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had filed for a petition with my ex last April.  She finally got approved in December and since then disappeared and just stopped talking to me and she sent me back my stuff and engagement ring.  Since that time I had met someone else while in the Philippines.  I have yet to withdraw the petition as I have never had this happen to me.  What is my best course of action?  Send a statement saying we broke up back in December and i need to withdraw the application and then wait a few months before filing a new k1 Visa petition?  I wasn't quite sure how that worked with with how long I should wait to refile or could i go ahead and refile after i send the withdraw of petition?  Please advise, thank you!!!!

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

I had filed for a petition with my ex last April.  She finally got approved in December and since then disappeared and just stopped talking to me and she sent me back my stuff and engagement ring.  Since that time I had met someone else while in the Philippines.  I have yet to withdraw the petition as I have never had this happen to me.  What is my best course of action?  Send a statement saying we broke up back in December and i need to withdraw the application and then wait a few months before filing a new k1 Visa petition?  I wasn't quite sure how that worked with with how long I should wait to refile or could i go ahead and refile after i send the withdraw of petition?  Please advise, thank you!!!!

I will also point out I had to do a multiple waiver request with this last one I was approved for in December 21st, 2018.  As I have had 2 previous petitions approved   the relationships just didnt end up panning out.  One in 2011 and the other in 2013.  Not sure if that info is needed to help answer my question or not.  I have read I would just need to request withdraw and then refile again with another multiple request waiver but just want to get feedback before I do anything further.  I wish I would have sent the request to withdraw back in December....  😢

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Roel said:

So since your ex was approved already, how do you know if she didnt arrive in the US? 

All your "fiances " are from the same country...?  I mean good luck and everything,  but look at this from USCIS perspective. And your last ex was only approved few months ago.. and you already sponsoring a new girl? Looks like you're just bringing in one woman after another... 

Maybe they to take some time to be single before bringing in another girl you probably barely know... 

Well she never did the medical or interview. It never got that far. We just got as far as the noa2 and that's it

Edited by Cmptrsdeal
More info

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

Well she never did the medical or interview. It never got that far. We just got as far as the noa2 and that's it

Maybe that wouldn't be seen or considered as approved since she didnt do the medical or Visa interview.

6 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

Are you 1000% sure that last K1 visa was never used?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
1 minute ago, britishandusa said:

From what you're telling us, this would be your 4th K1 visa even though 2 months ago, you had another K1 visa at NVC.

Personally, I'd take it very slow with this next relationship. Get to know this person before you start the immigration process. It is fishy to USCIS that you're constantly filing K1 visas.

I understand. Yeah.  This recent one we met  2nd week of January.  I just m on the plane from spending 3 full weeks with her and I plan on returning in 3 months for another 3 wks.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Are you 1000% sure that last K1 visa was never used?

Yes. I never sent any info or copies of the noa2 or the continued support and intent to marry. I never sent her any of the documents that she would have needed

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Roel said:

Eh.. let me guess. You're a middle age, white American. Your "type" is younger Asian (props Phillipino) or southern American girl. You know them for couple of months and then sponsor for K1. Doesnt work out, you meet another one and you sponsor her barely knowing her.. 

Dont worry. We see this exact thing all the time. Sometimes guys like you come complaining about being scammed also. 

Am I guess the pattern right? If it didnt work out 3 times already then maybe you should actually take TIME knowing someone. At this point USCIS will also put you through extra scrutiny. 

Also intent to marry you send with the original petition. She could've done medical and interview without your knowledge. 

So dont have the funds to get to Manila from her province. The 2nd one lasted almost 4 yrs. I dont go for younger asians thank you very much. Try to find closer to my age.  More likely to be serious unlike the younger asians ur referring to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

I understand. Yeah.  This recent one we met  2nd week of January.  I just m on the plane from spending 3 full weeks with her and I plan on returning in 3 months for another 3 wks.

Going back to your original questions, you need to find out what happened to your last petition. You cannot go forward without knowing the full story. Without a doubt, your new "fiancee" will be questioned about your previous relationships including this last ex. You need to know exactly if your ex did ever get to the interview and if you do need to send a withdrawal request. 

From your last few K1(s), did any of them make it to America? Are any of them LPRs? Are of them USCs? If any of them ARE LPRs, you are still responsible financially for them regardless of how long it has been. 

Expect extra scrutiny on this next one. It won't be easy.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

Going back to your original questions, you need to find out what happened to your last petition. You cannot go forward without knowing the full story. Without a doubt, your new "fiancee" will be questioned about your previous relationships including this last ex. You need to know exactly if your ex did ever get to the interview and if you do need to send a withdrawal request. 

From your last few K1(s), did any of them make it to America? Are any of them LPRs? Are of them USCs? If any of them ARE LPRs, you are still responsible financially for them regardless of how long it has been. 

Expect extra scrutiny on this next one. It won't be easy.

Yea 2 of them made it to USA.  1st one is remarried to another us citizen.  2nd one made it and shes doing alright.  Both from last I heard are trying to become USC.  I will give it a few months more and might get attorney to help me.  Not sure what LPR is and how do I know if I need to send withdraw request?   I will try to email her and see if she will tell me, I do know before we got noa2. She lost her job and was having financial issues with raising her little daughter. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Quite a few for the I 864.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.