65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, myjourney2018 said:

So are you saying they won't get a reason to why they're denied?  

You said they would, why did you say that?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, blytheharper16 said:

The CO didn't give any reason for denial of my visa and when I asked him all he said was that, "Iam done for the day"

I was wondering why the other poster thought a reason would be given.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, blytheharper16 said:

He was rude because he was not looking at the documents at all and he did not listen to what I was saying, for every statement I was making, he was continuously saying that Iam lying without seeing the evidence I had. If you are saying that he was doing his job, then his job was to listen to me patiently and to see the documents I have. He just cannot continuously say that the person is lying. 

The CO does not need to look at anything you bring to the embassy. They review the I-129f petition they get from NVC. A lot of CO's make a decision off the petition alone without anything else. So something is terribly a miss in your story and no info is given about your relationship.

If he truly was rude though and dismissive, then yes you should get a new interview hopefully; but just making the point it's only your side of the story so unfair to the CO.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
1 minute ago, myjourney2018 said:

because wouldn't they be able to find out why they're denied?

You are the one who said this would happen. You need to explain to the OP why you said that and how it happens, not something I am aware of.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, blytheharper16 said:

then what can be done if the CR-1 will also not resolve the underlying issue.

You have to identify the red flag; probably past visa application contradicts the current visa application.. if you do not iron out these answers you may experience the same thing in the future visa application 

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

You are the one who said this would happen. You need to explain to the OP why you said that and how it happens, not something I am aware of.

because like i have mentioned, I figured that is something they can find out.  If that is not possible then I do apologize for my misinformation.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Teetop said:

You have to identify the red flag; probably past visa application contradicts the current visa application.. if you do not iron out these answers you may experience the same thing in the future visa application 

yes you are right 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, myjourney2018 said:

because wouldn't they be able to find out why they're denied?

Not the case always. Sometimes it's obvious to the beneficiary or the CO will say it to them why, but think most times you won't know for sure. That's why there are so many people on here asking why they got denied and we have to pry information about their relationship out of them until finally we can try to identify the possible "issue".

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Not the case always. Sometimes it's obvious to the beneficiary or the CO will say it to them why, but think most times you won't know for sure. That's why there are so many people on here asking why they got denied and we have to pry information about their relationship out of them until finally we can try to identify the possible "issue".

ahh gotcha.  

let me be hnest here... i think its good you have got straight away refusal... yet you dont know the bullshit adminstrative processing thing.  

i have been through same situation  in same visa K1... but lil bit difference... consular officer was nice... kind.. and good  she kept my passport and gave me 221g paper... they kept my passport for 3.5 months and then refused and case sent back to nvc.

i was unable to satisfy her why my parents are not going with me to usa to attend my marriage.

Though you are refused but consular officer technically saved you from putting you in black hole..(administratrive procesing).

if i would have been your lawyer or adviser i wont let u apply K1. especially in your case where you are divorcee with one daughter.

Get marry and apply Spouse visa.

Timeline

K or Cr1, both go through AP.

Timeline

Exactly. Poster from Egypt was at 18 months AP for CR-1 recently. So again just marrying and filing for spousal visa doesn't guarantee the OP won't sit in AP or still receive another denial. Whatever was wrong or flagged in their case needs to be addressed accordingly.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

OP, if you want more advice as to the possible reasons for denial, could you give us more specific information about your case?

Age difference?

Religion difference?

Previous relationships, marriages, divorces for petitioner or beneficiary?

Previous US visa refusals, overstays, deportations?

Did the petitioner have a history with previous, recent K-1 applications?

What evidence did you provide with the I-129F of meeting in person?

How many times did you meet in person before filing the petition, and was evidence of those meetings submitted with the I-129F?  What was that evidence?

What about affidavit of support information?  Financial capacity of the petitioner to provide for both of you?  Co-sponsor information?

Criminal history of petitioner or beneficiary?

These are typical reasons for K-1 denials and if you have any of them, you will need to fix them if possible or you will have trouble even if you get married and file for a CR-1.  We can help you here to know more clearly how to proceed if you answer these questions.

There's no way to know if AP is in the OP's future. Even if they get a new interview and that goes well, or they file for a CR-1 and it passes the interview, extended AP can hit. This is especially the case with Pakistan due to PCCs not being trusted and requiring a manual check, along with any security checks that may or may not come into play.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.