65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had my K-1 visa interview on the 21st March 2019 at the Islamabad Embassy. My time was 8:30am and I reached there an hour earlier along with my daughters who were under the K-2 visa. Everything was going smoothly, I was asked to submit my original bc and copy,divorce certificate, affidavit of support of my fiancé, and the original bc and copy of my daughters and also the medical report. I was asked what language to opt and I opted for English and then I was asked to sit and wait for my final interview. After my wait of 15 minutes, my token number was been called out and I went to the window and there was a very arrogant CO standing. He took the oath and he started asking me like who is calling you and how did I meet my fiancé. When I gave the answer, all he said was that I was lying, I repeatedly told him that no Iam not lying and I asked him to see my documents and evidence that Iam telling the truth, all he said was that he does not want to see my documents and he said it in a very rude way that I was so disappointed. For every question that he was asking, I gave him an answer and for every answer I was giving, all he was saying that Iam lying. He did not even let me talk and he kept interrupting me and he was trying to frighten me by saying that I won't be able to enter the US. and I continuously told him that Iam not lying, I even raised my voice and I repeatedly begged him to see the evidence that my relationship with my fiancé is real. He was so rude and arrogant that he was not listening to what I was saying. In the end he refused my visa and he said that the papers will be sent back to the NVC and he didn't give me any kind paper. :( :( :( 

Can anyone please tell me what do I and my fiancé need to do? We waited so long for this day and some white guy just says that Iam lying without even seeing any evidence. It is so disappointing and heart wrenching that we wait for so long for the whole process and the CO like the one I had an interview with, can easily come up and say anything and behave rudely. 

Kindly suggest what can be done?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
35 minutes ago, blytheharper16 said:

I had my K-1 visa interview on the 21st March 2019 at the Islamabad Embassy. My time was 8:30am and I reached there an hour earlier along with my daughters who were under the K-2 visa. Everything was going smoothly, I was asked to submit my original bc and copy,divorce certificate, affidavit of support of my fiancé, and the original bc and copy of my daughters and also the medical report. I was asked what language to opt and I opted for English and then I was asked to sit and wait for my final interview. After my wait of 15 minutes, my token number was been called out and I went to the window and there was a very arrogant CO standing. He took the oath and he started asking me like who is calling you and how did I meet my fiancé. When I gave the answer, all he said was that I was lying, I repeatedly told him that no Iam not lying and I asked him to see my documents and evidence that Iam telling the truth, all he said was that he does not want to see my documents and he said it in a very rude way that I was so disappointed. For every question that he was asking, I gave him an answer and for every answer I was giving, all he was saying that Iam lying. He did not even let me talk and he kept interrupting me and he was trying to frighten me by saying that I won't be able to enter the US. and I continuously told him that Iam not lying, I even raised my voice and I repeatedly begged him to see the evidence that my relationship with my fiancé is real. He was so rude and arrogant that he was not listening to what I was saying. In the end he refused my visa and he said that the papers will be sent back to the NVC and he didn't give me any kind paper. :( :( :( 

Can anyone please tell me what do I and my fiancé need to do? We waited so long for this day and some white guy just says that Iam lying without even seeing any evidence. It is so disappointing and heart wrenching that we wait for so long for the whole process and the CO like the one I had an interview with, can easily come up and say anything and behave rudely. 

I know this does not help now, but I have read on other posts where interviewees asked to speak to the CO's supervisor and complained about unfair treatment. In the end, most were granted another interview with another CO (on the same day). Then again, the cases I read about were regarding spousal visas. Not sure how this is different for K1 visas.

I am sorry you are going through this. As far as your case goes, I am not sure what can be done next. :(  All I can recommend is think of Plan B, in case Plan A does not work. This would be things like spending more time with your other half, face to face. Also, gathering more evidence of your relationship would certainly help.  Maybe think of filing for a CR-1 visa in the near future, once you find out the reason why your K1 was denied. 

Good luck with everything. I am praying for you! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Vik1992 said:

I know this does not help now, but I have read on other posts where interviewees asked to speak to the CO's supervisor and complained about unfair treatment. In the end, most were granted another interview with another CO (on the same day). Then again, the cases I read about were regarding spousal visas. Not sure how this is different for K1 visas.

I am sorry you are going through this. As far as your case goes, I am not sure what can be done next. :(  All I can recommend is think of Plan B, in case Plan A does not work. This would be things like spending more time with your other half, face to face. Also, gathering more evidence of your relationship would certainly help.  Maybe think of filing for a CR-1 visa in the near future, once you find out the reason why your K1 was denied. 

Good luck with everything. I am praying for you! 

I did send an email to the embassy requesting for another interview as the interviewer was unfair and he was very rude and arrogant and I still didn't get any reply from them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, blytheharper16 said:

I did send an email to the embassy requesting for another interview as the interviewer was unfair and he was very rude and arrogant and I still didn't get any reply from them.

Might be up to 7 days before you will hear a response if you hear one at all.  A second interview is totally at the discretion of the consulate and they may choose to not permit 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Might be up to 7 days before you will hear a response if you hear one at all.  A second interview is totally at the discretion of the consulate and they may choose to not permit 

kindly suggest as what can be done as my fiancé and I are unable to understand what to do next?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, blytheharper16 said:

kindly suggest as what can be done as my fiancé and I are unable to understand what to do next?

Nothing other than to do as you have done.  Requesting a consulate general review, being informed of the reasons for Visa ineligiblilities and requesting a second interview is about it.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You're doing all you can by contacting the embassy and explaining the harsh treatment and asking for consul general review and hope for another interview.  If that is granted then go to the second interview and hope for an approval.  If denied then your best next steps would be to get married and file for a CR-1 spousal visa, spend more time together to show bona fide relationship.  CR-1 takes about 14 months.  Islamabad is notorious as a very tough embassy to get K-1 approvals.  So sorry you were treated this way, but your visa journey is not over.  If you are determined to be together keep trying and if necessary get married and apply for a CR-1, you'll eventually be together.  Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, blytheharper16 said:

Sorry to hear 

my interview was 22 jan 2019 they gave me 221g n said your case in AP we will contact you after that they denied my case .. i don't know why they are denied my case .. they said im not eligibile for this visa categroy .. now im planning to apply for cr1 hope so this time i will be able to get my visa INSHA ALLAH ... have faith n hope trust on Allah one day you will get your visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, blytheharper16 said:

Oh this is not acceptable! Can you recall what is exactly happen why this CO so rude to you? Like what was the question? It might be your answer couse sometimes they are so picky and specific for the answer. I member during my K1 interview back in the Philippines I can hear them asking questions very specific and if they don't like your answer they act differently.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, blytheharper16 said:

Right now wait till you hear back from the USEM about your email. In the meantime, you can start reading/looking into about getting married and going the CR1/IR1 route.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.