Dami1025

N400 interview done but RFE (request for evidence)

61 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lemon23 said:

Kind a odd, what we did for 2015 was paid online for federal and state, Yes my interview is coming up soon, hoping for smooth sailing on this last journey. Thank you.

By the way what number did you call when paying a federal? My co-worker here owed money to the federal for 2018, when she called the IRS 1-800-829-1040, they said her tax is not yet in the system though she filed her tax March 14.

You said you filed March 19 right? and your tax filing was already on the IRS system since you were able to paid the amount that you owed for the federal.

My accountant finished our tax on the 18 and it’s not yet on the irs.gov account too. I just go directly to paytax1040.com and manually enter how much I owed and paid it that way. Even after i paid, i last checked on Friday it still shows no records received for 2018. But I already printed the confirmation page and they already took money from my bank account

14 minutes ago, Dami1025 said:

My accountant finished our tax on the 18 and it’s not yet on the irs.gov account too. I just go directly to paytax1040.com and manually enter how much I owed and paid it that way. Even after i paid, i last checked on Friday it still shows no records received for 2018. But I already printed the confirmation page and they already took money from my bank account

thank you Dami, what is the exact website. when it tried www.paytax1040.com i was redirected to unsecured site.

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

1 hour ago, Dami1025 said:

I think this is the link i used. https://www.irs.gov/payments

the 1040 was in my tax return statement so I probably didn’t remember correctly. I chose direct pay

did you get the document that you need to send to the USCIS after paying online?

Edited by Lemon23

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/23/2019 at 7:40 AM, corvusheart said:

I thought that was just tax return and tax account transcripts. The w-2s are generated by the employers. Too late now we've already submitted. I could upload extra things in the Unsolicited Evidence section. If N400 is denied hopefully it doesn't revoke permenant residency.

How did this go? I got RFE yesterday.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fahad86 said:

what RFE did you get for?

I didn’t get the letter yet but the interviewers wants to know I am living with my spouse. She said it will be documents proving that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Iamornext said:

I didn’t get the letter yet but the interviewers wants to know I am living with my spouse. She said it will be documents proving that.

so have you gather all the documents like tax return ,bank statements, credit card, house lease or mortgage papers, kids birth certificate anyting which prove you both are living together.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Fahad86 said:

so have you gather all the documents like tax return ,bank statements, credit card, house lease or mortgage papers, kids birth certificate anyting which prove you both are living together.

Working on it, I submitted the tax return already, we don’t have a lot of things with our name on it. I think it’s just bank statement, tax return, auto and maybe medical.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Iamornext said:

Working on it, I submitted the tax return already, we don’t have a lot of things with our name on it. I think it’s just bank statement, tax return, auto and maybe medical.

Whatever you can submit with you and your spouse name should be good enough.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fahad86 said:

Whatever you can submit with you and your spouse name should be good enough.

Even if the mail is addressed to her but has my name like phone bills 

On 9/25/2020 at 6:15 PM, Iamornext said:

Even if the mail is addressed to her but has my name like phone bills 

Treat this like an I-751 except you have to show you actually live with your spouse rather than just that the marriage was good faith at the outset. Don't assume that the person reviewing your form has evidence you previously submitted with the I-751 or I-130.

Timeline
On 9/26/2020 at 7:53 PM, fakeymcfakename said:

Treat this like an I-751 except you have to show you actually live with your spouse rather than just that the marriage was good faith at the outset. Don't assume that the person reviewing your form has evidence you previously submitted with the I-751 or I-130.

They are asking for all the documents we already submitted, the lady had the documents in front of her and commented how much  we had submitted. I don’t understand why they are asking for the same document submitted. 

9 minutes ago, Iamornext said:

They are asking for all the documents we already submitted, the lady had the documents in front of her and commented how much  we had submitted. I don’t understand why they are asking for the same document submitted. 

RFE's are triggered for a bunch of reasons and assumptions can set you up for disaster.

Read the RFE than put it aside and read it again several hours later. Also have somebody else read it without giving them your thoughts and see what they come up with. There is a good change you will end up with different views after reading it.

RFE's (as most government documents) are filled with "catch all's" and blanket statements. Just so no one can ever say "well I ws not informed of that"

Don't wonder why they want something you already sent. It may have gotten lost, it may have gotten misplaced it may have been in the wrong format. The interviewer probarbly had to transfer your file to her supervisor and al sorts of things can happen between those two desks. Start gathering the requested documents based on the RFE, not on what have sent previous.

The requested info in the RFE can list exact items or examples. If it says examples, they are just that. You may or may not have all items they give as examples. You may even have different items than are listed. sent what you have, you can't make up stuff.

When unsure about the RFE snap a picture of it (I mean the whole RFE, not just one paragraph) and post it on the forum. We have seen it numerous times where people were convinced they needed to sent one item only for the forum to spot it was something else they were looking for.

Do not forget obvious things like Drivers licenses of both of you. A passport identifies you but does not have the address. They want to see the same address on both licenses or a plausible explanation why they are not the same.

Lastly, RFE's appear to be used sometimes when someone can not make the numbers. When sending an RFE, the application is no longer counted in the stats for the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.