Sam Kay

Over 120 days, No Green Card.

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jay and Hime said:

It’s separate from the immigration fee. Let me get the letter from my sister and tell you more. Because this was all new to us. I will write back later today. 

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I have also waiting for actual GC, I paid on Dec-31 2018 and entered the US on Jane-18 2019 till now its almost 12 weeks passed since I paid for the GC. called, sent inquiry and tracked GC delivery but just got answer to wait 12 weeks. I cant get any job coz they keep asking for GC even I explained them I have stamp on my passport and permitted to get any job within one year until getting  GC. I'm bored of this to stay home with nothing to do. sight !!!

Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:05 PM, Mara0899 said:

I have also waiting for actual GC, I paid on Dec-31 2018 and entered the US on Jane-18 2019 till now its almost 12 weeks passed since I paid for the GC. called, sent inquiry and tracked GC delivery but just got answer to wait 12 weeks. I cant get any job coz they keep asking for GC even I explained them I have stamp on my passport and permitted to get any job within one year until getting  GC. I'm bored of this to stay home with nothing to do. sight !!!

did you come with Digital visa packet and your service center is Texas ?

Timeline
4 hours ago, ahm12 said:

did you come with Digital visa packet and your service center is Texas ?

Yes, I came with digital visa packet. my service center is Potomac in Washington DC. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ahm12 said:

apparently a lot of people are having this issue that came with Digital visa packet.  

call them once 120 days are up. 

Thanks, I will call them within this week as 120 days are up then go to their office near me if thing doesnt get thru. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 3/22/2019 at 10:16 AM, Sam Kay said:

Hey everybody. 

My husband got CR-1 visa approval in August 2018. We paid the visa fee on September 12th, and entered the US on October 25th 2018. It has now been well over 120 days, and still no sign of his green card. He got his SSN shortly after arriving. He has the I-551 in his passport with 1 year endorsement, but his work is still badgering him for his actual green card. I have called, put in requests, and contacted the Ombudsman but we are still waiting for a response. I put in my request with the USCIS weeks ago and was told I'd hear a response on March 21st 2019 , but heard nothing. Even though he has been approved, and has the I-551 in his passport, I am still worried something is wrong. Any advice? Has anyone gone through anything similar? Thanks in advance for your help. 

Hi there. Just curious if you had any updates. We paid January 2019 and my husband entered Feb 1 2019. We've sent several inquiries, contacted the ombudsman, and nothing. To make things worse we can't make an infopass appointment online for our local office and they have been evasive about giving us an appointment over the phone, saying that the stamp is sufficient. My husband is about to travel internationally for the first time since entry, and we are very worried about him re-entering. I know he shouldn't have a problem in theory, but I have heard of people having problems. USCIS seems to be less and less responsive every time we call. Anyway, hoping you've made some progress on your end!! 

11/22/17 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

11/24/17 - NOA1 Receipt Date

06/21/18 - NOA2 Approval Date (email, text, app update)

07/17/18 - Case received by NVC

08/09/18 - Case and Invoice number assigned by NVC, paid AOS and IV fees

08/14/18 - Submitted AOS Application and Documents

08/16/18 - Submitted IV Application and Documents

09/17/18 - Case complete at NVC

11/13/18 - Received interview letter from NVC

12/19/18 - Interview at Embassy in Cairo - Approved!

01/03/19 - GC Fee Paid

02/01/19 - POE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
16 hours ago, Manda16 said:

Hi there. Just curious if you had any updates. We paid January 2019 and my husband entered Feb 1 2019. We've sent several inquiries, contacted the ombudsman, and nothing. To make things worse we can't make an infopass appointment online for our local office and they have been evasive about giving us an appointment over the phone, saying that the stamp is sufficient. My husband is about to travel internationally for the first time since entry, and we are very worried about him re-entering. I know he shouldn't have a problem in theory, but I have heard of people having problems. USCIS seems to be less and less responsive every time we call. Anyway, hoping you've made some progress on your end!! 

Hi! I completely understand your frustration. Luckily, as of 3 days ago, we finally got the green card. It turned out that my husband's visa packet had been lost. Of course, the USCIS never gave us this info. The way we were able to find out was by contacting our Senator, and his office sent a inquiry to the USCIS on our behalf. They were able to figure out that the visa packet was lost, and once we had that information we were able to make an infopass appointment. At the appointment they filed a Lost Visa Packet form for us and a little less than a month later, we got the card. Neither the ombudsman nor direct contact with the USCIS did anything for us which is so frustrating. My advice is to contact your senator.  I am positive we never would have had any success or even gotten any information if my senator had never gotten involved. If you have any more questions at all, feel free to message me! I'd love to help. And good luck!!!

• 6 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 7/12/2019 at 8:03 AM, Sam Kay said:

Hi! I completely understand your frustration. Luckily, as of 3 days ago, we finally got the green card. It turned out that my husband's visa packet had been lost. Of course, the USCIS never gave us this info. The way we were able to find out was by contacting our Senator, and his office sent a inquiry to the USCIS on our behalf. They were able to figure out that the visa packet was lost, and once we had that information we were able to make an infopass appointment. At the appointment they filed a Lost Visa Packet form for us and a little less than a month later, we got the card. Neither the ombudsman nor direct contact with the USCIS did anything for us which is so frustrating. My advice is to contact your senator.  I am positive we never would have had any success or even gotten any information if my senator had never gotten involved. If you have any more questions at all, feel free to message me! I'd love to help. And good luck!!!

How do you get in contact with the senator ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

How do you get in contact with the senator ?

Research your U.S. Senators; go to one's website or call the office; request a release form so that they can assist with your issue; return the form; wait.

==========================

Old thread is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.