sirvang

USCIS Agents unannounced home visit after ROC Approve and GC in hands ???

39 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, sirvang said:

UPDATE

So I called USCIS and was transfer to a supervisor after I mention a home visit by USCIS. The USCIS Supervisor ask me for my case number and he told me that my ROC case is part of an investigation. And confirm I was visited by Homeland Security Investigation Officers. However my case has been CLEAR now. :)

Since my wife was from Laos a country with high fraud rate (Thats what they told me LOL!). They have to do a follow up home visit just to make sure its a real marriage. Since they have a few case where young woman would married a fake spouse (Fake spouse is paid money) but actually living with someone else.

Ahh okay, that makes sense. I know it must've been scary and unsettling, but ultimately, they're doing their jobs in the name of national security etc. PHEW. Honestly, I say take your wife out for a nice dinner and have a bottle of wine (or 2) to relax. 😝

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
41 minutes ago, sirvang said:

UPDATE

So I called USCIS and was transfer to a supervisor after I mention a home visit by USCIS. The USCIS Supervisor ask me for my case number and he told me that my ROC case is part of an investigation. And confirm I was visited by Homeland Security Investigation Officers. However my case has been CLEAR now. :)

Since my wife was from Laos a country with high fraud rate (Thats what they told me LOL!). They have to do a follow up home visit just to make sure its a real marriage. Since they have a few case where young woman would married a fake spouse (Fake spouse is paid money) but actually living with someone else.

The freaking paranoia on VJ.  Fake officers.  Everyone throwing it out there based on their research.  Or just throwing ####### against a wall to see what sticks and worrying people over nothing.  

Thanks for coming back to clarify this.

25 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

The freaking paranoia on VJ.  Fake officers.  Everyone throwing it out there based on their research.  Or just throwing ####### against a wall to see what sticks and worrying people over nothing.  

Thanks for coming back to clarify this.

Research or not I would still want proof they’re real officers.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

Research or not I would still want proof they’re real officers.

OP was shown badges.  Don't know if he was shown IDs.  

It's within the OP's rights to demand they show badges and ID.  

It's paranoia to tell the OP that they could have been fake officers based on NOTHING.   

5 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

OP was shown badges.  Don't know if he was shown IDs.  

It's within the OP's rights to demand they show badges and ID.  

It's paranoia to tell the OP that they could have been fake officers based on NOTHING.   

I don’t think anyone said they were fake officers. Most of us talked about what we would do to prove they weren’t fake, and then someone talked about their experience with police, and their states rules for if you are unsure about a police officer. I followed up by talked about Texas and how they have had fake officer scares to where we have rules In place for what to do if it happens.

mqy not have read all the posts tho

I believed the OP because it’s not the first time this has happened lol

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: Timeline

I am fine with a home visit from USCIS. They are just doing their job. Every petition is different and unique in many ways. Sometimes they have to double check just to make sure. Even though the petition is approve.

When the 2 USCIS Officer visit my house. They didn't ask me to let them inside my house or take any pictures. They just stay outside my front door taking notes.

However they do have police radio with them (I think they borrow it from my local police/sheriff department) and perhaps armed? :D

Edited by sirvang

9 hours ago, xillini said:

That is absolutely true. 

If one challenges immigrants by using profanity or provocative words against immigrants, (fully being aware that he is an immigrant and that as soon as police comes in and just have police arrest him for no valid reasons), many would guess he would have to go thru much tougher scrutiny due to arrest records and finger print captured during booking, which may or may not be used against his further immigration benefits (such as I 751 or N400) just because he had an arrest records that will complicate the case and alerts reviewing immigration officers to pay full attention. 

Even if an USC punch immigrant's face first for no reasons, and they defend themselves for self-protection, the chance is likely that both will be arrested by police (again it kinda of depends on circumstances). While it may or may not hurt the USC depending on how lawyered up they are, it would effectively hurt immigrants for immigration benefits since USCIS considers charge itself as a serious violation and can take further appropriate actions. 

So technically and practically, some Americans (such as MAGA supporters) have arguably unlimited weapons to build their own cases against any immigrants they just hate for no reasons, and effectively make their life much tougher and bullied in 2019's US by USCIS. Basically we live in a world where immigrant status itself can be targeted by someone and can accelerate into extenuating circumstances. 

USC "Maga" supporters have the same rights as USC nonsupporters. I am not a "maga" person but I would do everything I could to ensure US immigration laws are followed. That's not bullying.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
3 hours ago, MrMrsMagnificent said:

With my first husband, they made a surprise visit at 5 am. I live at the beach though, so I imagined they wouldn't miss a home visit there. 

Yes those are the Dept of Homeland Security officers. They usually do the random 5am and 6am as they did with my neighbors several years ago. After 7am I would be suspicious if it was even them as they try to get you before going to work and to see if he actually sleeps there. 

Edited by SJordanS

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.