RobertM54

Ukraine dating agency woman

29 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2019 at 5:49 AM, RobertM54 said:

The website is a pay for chat site. She gets paid for her time in chat.

Why a huge difference?

I have met admin women from agencies. The only difference is that they are not hot. 

No, she is paid to scam those men. That would not be wise  to list it as her job. Is she a registered employee there, is she registered with the government as a private entrepreneur?She chats with men and makes them believe she is actually interested in them while she is not. She just keeps them in the chat or on video as long as possible to get more money. Not a good place to find a fiancé. Maybe you are looking in all wrong places and then you wonder why your petition gets through the administrative processing. It obvioisly smelled fishy. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s going to be the same. 

Edited by Lenchick

On 3/22/2019 at 5:48 AM, Lemonslice said:

What is her position/job description? What is the agency paying her to do exactly, if they are her employer?

She is paid to scam men! For keeping them in the chat, doing as much video time as possible and meeting them for dates. Many of those dates that she won’t be even interested but will go on them anyway,  because again she is paid.  Also, some of those women are already married. They are just making money. I remember a billboard in Ukraine, a sarcastic one that said something like I’m such and such looking for my fiancé. We had great time but I cannot find her now. If someone knows her whereabouts, please let me know. Then her name, picture and some more details. I regret not taking picture of it. It’s was also very humorous. Of course he wasn’t looking for her any more but it was like WARNING! A scammer! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

@Lenchick

I was introduced to my ex-fiance and this girl by friends.

I understand your emotions in regards to this - the dating agency scene is well understood here and in Ukraine.

That is why I asked the question. Do you have experience with how the embassy handles these girls?

Thanks

1 minute ago, RobertM54 said:

@Lenchick

I was introduced to my ex-fiance and this girl by friends.

I understand your emotions in regards to this - the dating agency scene is well understood here and in Ukraine.

That is why I asked the question. Do you have experience with how the embassy handles these girls?

Thanks

No, I don’t know how it will work out for you if she lists that as her job, because it’s not a real job actually. How will she list her position anyway? A translator? It will be a lie, because she doesn’t  translate anything. She chats there herself. Are you not afraid of being scammed? She probably chats with dozen of such men as yourself and just because you talked immigration, she got hooked obviously. Have you ever met her in person? 

People meet on date sites though. It’s okay.  Substantial  proofs that the relationship is genuine for the both parties that is what matters. 

Timeline

@Lenchick

Good questions - I will discuss with her. Do you have any experience with the Ukrainian consulate? 

What if she was paid "under the table" and was not officially employed?

Like I said, we did not meet on the site. We met in person through a mutual friend. 

She has been my number 1 party buddy since 2015. We have met many times in Nikolaev, Ribikovka, Odessa, and Kiev. Mostly Nikolaev.

One night we were stranded by an AirBnB host in Kiev and spent the night in the same hotel room in Kiev. Not kissing. Then we moved to a two room apartment.

We will spend several more weeks together before I consider filing. 

35 minutes ago, Lenchick said:

No, I don’t know how it will work out for you if she lists that as her job, because it’s not a real job actually. How will she list her position anyway? A translator? It will be a lie, because she doesn’t  translate anything. She chats there herself. 

Camgirl? 

Filed: Timeline

Being a camgirl is totally fine. Many many camgirls have gotten married to men overseas and many men have married camgirls from overseas and gotten K or CR visas. As long as you are 100% honest with everything- there is NO PROBLEM WITH BEING A CAMGIRL. Technically her job is 'internet model' or 'internet chat model'. 

9 minutes ago, username_taken said:

Being a camgirl is totally fine. Many many camgirls have gotten married to men overseas and many men have married camgirls from overseas and gotten K or CR visas. As long as you are 100% honest with everything- there is NO PROBLEM WITH BEING A CAMGIRL. Technically her job is 'internet model' or 'internet chat model'. 

Except that she makes men believe she is interested in meeting them. It’s not exactly a cam girl. It’s a scam girl. 

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lenchick said:

Except that she makes men believe she is interested in meeting them. It’s not exactly a cam girl. It’s a scam girl. 

Do you know her personally or are you just making a generalized stereotypical negative comment about women in that occupation? Never mind, dont answer- just keep in mind the TOS when posting or risk angering the mods.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, username_taken said:

Thank you. Fantastic insight! Greatly appreciated.

Mod - I will be happy if you close this thread. Thanks so much.

Edited by RobertM54

Just now, username_taken said:

Do you know her personally or are you just making a generalized stereotypical negative comment about women in that occupation? Never mind, dont answer- just keep in mind the TOS when posting or risk angering the mods.

I lived in Ukraine and travel there very often. I know how those agencies work. It’s not considered an occupation in Ukraine. You obviously stereotype knowing nothing about Ukraine and those agencies. They are not called cam girls there and not just for entertainment purposes like those you mentioned. They call themselves translators which is not true either. The agencies do photo sessions for beautiful girls and put the pictures on the website. Then “translators” chat with men as if those were the girls. It’s not always they chat on their own behalf. When a man decides to visit the girl, she never shows up. 

Those who meet through dating sites, not date agencies, can sign up, pay membership and chat with whoever they want and the women are signed up just the same way as men and they don’t receive money for spending time with men, or for luring them into writing as many letters as possible. They are not paid under the table and they are not “sort of” employed for any date agency. Quite a different picture, isn’t it? You don’t have to work in the date agency to find a man. There are plenty of dating sites. A dating agency in Ukraine as a mediator is a big scam thing.  That’s my point. 

Also, I didn’t talk about that girl in particular. I was talking about that kind of “job” in general. 

Here is the link to the US embassy in Ukraine 

https://ua.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/victims-of-crime/marriage-dating-scams/

Marriage/Dating Scams

The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv receives numerous reports from U.S. citizens who have been the victims of a particular type of internet fraud in which the person has sent money to a person or an agency with the agreement that a young woman will visit the United States for the purposes of marriage or study.  Often, these scams will result in requests for increasing amounts of money for various purposes, including many noted above.  Once the U.S. citizen becomes suspicious, the individual or agency will cut off contact.  Many of these agencies have existed for years under a variety of different names and addresses.

Even if the woman you have become acquainted with does exist and it honestly trying to visit you in the United States, it is unlikely that she will be issued a visa.  The U.S. Embassy advises U.S. citizens not to send money to people or agencies who have advertised for these services over the internet.  We have no authority to investigate these types of incidents and it is very unlikely that you will recover your money if it turns out you are the victim of a scam.

Timeline

@Lenchick - your general concern is absolutely correct and I appreciate your vigilance in looking for another potential victim of international dating scams. All you say is true. It does not apply in this situation.

Much more information on dreamconnections.com.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 3/24/2019 at 9:13 PM, RobertM54 said:

Mod - I will be happy if you close this thread.

Thread closed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.