Olichka

DS 2035 Question - missing seasonal flu shot

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Husband had his medical for K-1 (prior to the interview) last month on Feb 25th. He has all the necessary flu shots but the influenza. The flu shot is seasonal and because the season was ending he was told that he didn't need to do it if he didn't want to.

The DS 2035 has nothing marked for the "influnza" (doctor didnt mention anywhere on the DS 2035 that it was out of season) technically.

But now,  instead of marking the "immigrant visa applicant completed vaccination requirements" the doctor marked " K-Visa applicant electing not to be vaccinated at this examination".

My question is, can we submit the DS 2035 as is with the AOS package?

Or 

Do we have to now fill out the I-693 and go to the civil surgeon and get the shot ? 

Edited by Olichka

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Olichka said:

Or 

Do we have to now fill out the I-693 and go to the civil surgeon and get the shot ? 

My understanding you do not submit DS-2035 form, though it is ok to include the copy but USCIS will have the original included as part of your medical (it was in that yellow packet with missing corner) It will be up to USCIS to decide then if you need to have medical in addition to what was done at Medicom. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Shiran said:

My understanding you do not submit DS-2035 form, though it is ok to include the copy but USCIS will have the original included as part of your medical (it was in that yellow packet with missing corner) It will be up to USCIS to decide then if you need to have medical in addition to what was done at Medicom. 

I just hope the decision won't be delayed because we'll need to get ONE seasonal vaccine ! Now I wish he just had done and didn't listen to the doctor.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'd say submit the DS-3025 and see what happens, so as to not wasting any unnecessary money on a new medical you may not even need. You might get and RFE for the I-693, and if you do then go ahead with another medical. It'll depend on the adjudicator and possibly at what time of year the case is being picked up.

Doctor should've just put a waiver for the flu shot and then marked the DS-3025 complete, but that is not in any way your fault that he/she didn't.

K1 NOA1: 9/12/2017. NOA23/10/2018. Case # Assigned: 3/28/2018. Embassy Received: 3/29/2018. Medical: 4/18/2018. Interview: 5/3/2018. VOH: 5/8/2018. US Entry (POE JFK): 5/24/2018.

AOS Package Sent: 6/4/2018. NOA1/Received Date: 6/5/2018. Biometrics Appt: 6/28/2018. I-765/I-131 Combo Card Received: 9/25/2018. I-765/I-131 Renewal Sent: 4/2/2019. NOA1/Received Date: 4/3/2019. GC Interview: 9/19/2019. GC Approved: 11/5/2019. 

ROC Package Sent: 9/20/2021 NOA1/Received Date: 9/22/2021 NOA1 In Mail: 10/2/2021 

N-400 Applied Online: 8/22/2022 NOA1/Received Date: 8/23/2022 Interview Date: 11/30/2022

Timeline
3 hours ago, LizM said:

I'd say submit the DS-3025 and see what happens, so as to not wasting any unnecessary money on a new medical you may not even need. You might get and RFE for the I-693, and if you do then go ahead with another medical. It'll depend on the adjudicator and possibly at what time of year the case is being picked up.

Doctor should've just put a waiver for the flu shot and then marked the DS-3025 complete, but that is not in any way your fault that he/she didn't.

I'm so upset that this happened and now we might need to get this flu shot done.

Hopefully we get lucky and have no RFE's !

Fingers crossed🤞

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to AOS Family K1/K3, from K1 P&P - the OP is starting the AOS process~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Olichka said:

Hey everyone,

Husband had his medical for K-1 (prior to the interview) last month on Feb 25th. He has all the necessary flu shots but the influenza. The flu shot is seasonal and because the season was ending he was told that he didn't need to do it if he didn't want to.

The DS 2035 has nothing marked for the "influnza" (doctor didnt mention anywhere on the DS 2035 that it was out of season) technically.

But now,  instead of marking the "immigrant visa applicant completed vaccination requirements" the doctor marked " K-Visa applicant electing not to be vaccinated at this examination".

Or 

My understanding was that unless your DS-2035 was marked "K1 Applicant Completed Vaccination Requirements" or something similar then it doesn't qualify as a waiver for not doing the I-693. If you already sent the packet in though, hopefully your adjudicator will be lenient and see that the required shots were actually all done. It's definitely your doctor's fault for not marking your DS-2035 as "completed". I would be livid. :angry:

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Timeline
5 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

My understanding was that unless your DS-2035 was marked "K1 Applicant Completed Vaccination Requirements" or something similar then it doesn't qualify as a waiver for not doing the I-693. If you already sent the packet in though, hopefully your adjudicator will be lenient and see that the required shots were actually all done. It's definitely your doctor's fault for not marking your DS-2035 as "completed". I would be livid. :angry:

Oh I’m so mad !!  This is just extra paperwork and trips to the doctor !! 

6 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

I mean should I leave a note on it when I mail in my AOS package ? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Olichka said:

Oh I’m so mad !!  This is just extra paperwork and trips to the doctor !! 

I mean should I leave a note on it when I mail in my AOS package ? 

If you haven't sent in the packet yet, I would just go ahead and do the I-693. Find a civil surgeon and make it clear to them that you just need them to complete your vaccination record (Part 9 on the I-693) for you.

Some of them will insist that you'll need to do the medical all over again (and of course, pay them more money) but you don't actually have to do that since already completed your overseas medical just a few months ago (the cutoff date is one year from your K1 medical). Make sure to shop around for a civil surgeon who'll actually do what you want and not try to sell you on a new medical.

***K-1 Visa***

03/06/18 (new site)

***Naturalization***

Timeline
8 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

If you haven't sent in the packet yet, I would just go ahead and do the I-693. Find a civil surgeon and make it clear to them that you just need them to complete your vaccination record (Part 9 on the I-693) for you.

Some of them will insist that you'll need to do the medical all over again (and of course, pay them more money) but you don't actually have to do that since already completed your overseas medical just a few months ago (the cutoff date is one year from your K1 medical). Make sure to shop around for a civil surgeon who'll actually do what you want and not try to sell you on a new medical.

So we will have to get the flu shot even though the season is over ? Or should we just ask him to sign off that the requirements are complete ? 

I really just want to send off the ds 2035 and hope for the best 👌🏻

Edited by Olichka

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Olichka said:

So we will have to get the flu shot even though the season is over ? Or should we just ask him to sign off that the requirements are complete ? 

I really just want to send off the ds 2035 and hope for the best 👌🏻

You can just ask him to sign off that the requirements are complete (basically just correcting the mistake that your previous doctor did). It sucks, but that's what most people in your situation have done, at least from what I've seen on this forum.

You can also try sending off the DS-2035 by itself with an explanation letter of what happened (and hope that your adjudicator is good enough to know that all your required shots are actually accounted for), but it's tough to know if that will really work. 

***K-1 Visa***

03/06/18 (new site)

***Naturalization***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.