Nsk1433

Need help about domicile

17 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just upload all the affidavit of support documents under f4 visa 

My brother i864 transcript w2 2017 job letter birth certificate proof of citizenship which seems all ok 

But I have a co sponsor 

So I upload his i864 forms w2 2017 transcript 2017 job letter showing his working for 20 years same place also proof of citizenship 

And domicile I also upload his passport copy ?

Is that what we upload for domicile or do I need something else ? Kindly help also if I already submit documents can I still upload more file only if you guys think domicile is wrong choice of proof by me ? 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

His US passport is proof that he is a US citizen and is therefore eligible to be a Joint Sponsor.  A US passport does not have an address on it, so it can not be used to prove domicile.  It does not prove domicile since Americans living abroad also have US passports. 

His address on his US tax return/US tax transcript is enough to prove his domicile.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

His US passport is proof that he is a US citizen and is therefore eligible to be a Joint Sponsor.  A US passport does not have an address on it, so it can not be used to prove domicile.  It does not prove domicile since Americans living abroad also have US passports. 

His address on his US tax return/US tax transcript is enough to prove his domicile.  

Thx for replying back so If I already been uploaded his passport as domicile and as you said his tax is enough to proof then there should be any issues ? I already submitted to nvc I mean I wont be getting rfe? Also his job letter showing he is been working since 1999 and have print that job letter mid Feb 2019 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline

I uploaded electric bill to show domicile and it got approved. Driver’s license and voter registration card also have addresses.

Try uploading just to be sure. If you can’t, I hope you get a case complete without it. Worst case, you will get a message asking for it, then the system will let you upload. 

Best wishes.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:15 AM, Junior11 said:

I uploaded electric bill to show domicile and it got approved. Driver’s license and voter registration card also have addresses.

Try uploading just to be sure. If you can’t, I hope you get a case complete without it. Worst case, you will get a message asking for it, then the system will let you upload. 

Best wishes.

I submitted all those  during interview yesterday. i was giving a blue paper for for denial and to reapply wwith prove of domicile. He even listed some of the documents i could come with.

2 hours ago, Mr Genuis said:

I submitted all those  during interview yesterday. i was giving a blue paper for for denial and to reapply wwith prove of domicile. He even listed some of the documents i could come with.

It might help others reading this for information if you give examples of the list of documents he gave you?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mr Genuis said:

Can you please let us know which documents he suggested? My mom will have an interview soon, I’m very interested.

10 hours ago, Junior11 said:

Can you please let us know which documents he suggested? My mom will have an interview soon, I’m very interested.

Are you the petitioner? If yes where are you? If you are in the states then its good for you i dont thingg you will need that but if you out..., these are the documents he suggested in my case: emails showing my wife is looking for jobs in U.S, resignation letter from her current Job where we live now, house lease in the state, employment offer, any document that shows she has kids registered in school in U.S, Asset in U.S, thats aall i can remember

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Mr Genuis said:

Are you the petitioner? If yes where are you? If you are in the states then its good for you i dont thingg you will need that but if you out..., these are the documents he suggested in my case: emails showing my wife is looking for jobs in U.S, resignation letter from her current Job where we live now, house lease in the state, employment offer, any document that shows she has kids registered in school in U.S, Asset in U.S, thats aall i can remember

O ok so it's more requirement if petitioner or co sponsor doesnt live in usa 

In my case they dont even ask for my petitioner domicile since my brother (petitioner) live in usa but they did asked me for domicile for my co sponsor who also live in Dallas TX and his job letter showing he is been working for 20 plus year and I add his driving license with his current address

my co sponsor  have a family of 7 ppls and I have 5 ppls total including me so total will be 12 ppls my brother doesn't make much his 2017 income was 36k but my co sponsor make 178k in 2017 that's enough to sponsor right ? 

4 minutes ago, Nsk1433 said:

This topic is about a spousal visa via DCF.  They need to show proof they will domicile in the US.

For a Family Visa the petitioner has to domicile in the US.  The petitioner has to make enough for his household and every person they sponsor.  That "poverty" line amount is determined when the I864 is filed.  This does not mean the petitioner has enough income because the CO will determine the totality of the circumstances and whether the beneficiary may become a public charge.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

9 minutes ago, Nsk1433 said:

In my case they dont even ask for my petitioner domicile since my brother (petitioner) live in usa but they did asked me for domicile for my co sponsor who also live in Dallas TX and his job letter showing he is been working for 20 plus year and I add his driving license with his current address

my co sponsor  have a family of 7 ppls and I have 5 ppls total including me so total will be 12 ppls my brother doesn't make much his 2017 income was 36k but my co sponsor make 178k in 2017 that's enough to sponsor right ? 

Yes its enough. The consulate officer starts empasizing on domicile more when the petitioner is out of u.s. if he is in U.S he could just send a copy of his employment letter or house lease.  

3 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

This topic is about a spousal visa via DCF.  They need to show proof they will domicile in the US.

For a Family Visa the petitioner has to domicile in the US.  The petitioner has to make enough for his household and every person they sponsor.  That "poverty" line amount is determined when the I864 is filed.  This does not mean the petitioner has enough income because the CO will determine the totality of the circumstances and whether the beneficiary may become a public charge.

I love the way you put it. " They need to show proof they will domicile". Thats exactly the co statement. You need to show proof you will move to re establish in u.s. or efforts you making to establish with the applicant in u.s

11 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

It might help others reading this for information if you give examples of the list of documents he gave you?

Yes i did listed just re check the comment. I later did in one of my comments as a reply to some one post.

11 minutes ago, Mr Genuis said:

I love the way you put it. " They need to show proof they will domicile". Thats exactly the co statement.

We did DCF in Juarez.  I already owned a place and had the insurance, hoa and utility bills and US based bank and investment accounts.  I was also working for a US based company.   So it wasn't an issue.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr Genuis said:

Yes its enough. The consulate officer starts empasizing on domicile more when the petitioner is out of u.s. if he is in U.S he could just send a copy of his employment letter or house lease.  

I did attached my petitioner w2 transcript job letter as well 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.