LC & MS

I sincerely need your advice on whether submit "outside normal processing time" will work? Please adivse

19 posts in this topic

Dear VJ,

My receipt date is 22 June, 2018, my case is in Nebraska service center. I have been waiting for 9 months and still no approval or any information comes.

I keep my eyes on the table in USCIS website and my date will be 5 April, 2019 to submit "Outside normal processing time" in USCIS.

Does anybody has experience whether submit this case is working or not? Will they process our case immediately or they only will send email and tell you to wait?

I'm struggled because i want to submit the case immediately when hit the date, but on the hand, i feel nervous and kind of scared to submit case, i'm afraid they feel unhappy because i submit case to push them to process my case, maybe they will not give me an approval directly and instead ask for more evidence.....

Anybody has experience about this? Please kindly share with me because i really feel very frustrated now.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If your date of filing becomes the listed date for a service inquiry, then file it.

There is no retaliation or malice on the part of USCIS for submitting a service request.

Likely, you’ll get a canned response, but internally it may prompt them to work on your case.

9 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

If your date of filing becomes the listed date for a service inquiry, then file it.

There is no retaliation or malice on the part of USCIS for submitting a service request.

Likely, you’ll get a canned response, but internally it may prompt them to work on your case.

Thank you so much for your precious advice, it makes me much more confident. 

Thanks a lot!

Timeline

See the sub forums - I just posted about this - I've posted the link so you can see what is happening with other June filers :)

I just submitted an Outside Normal Processing Time inquiry yesterday via phone call to USCIS. They said I will get a response in 15-30 days. If over 30 days, I can call again. I do think there is a possibility that I will hear back about my case before I hear about the inquiry though... 

13 hours ago, gonzolux said:

See the sub forums - I just posted about this - I've posted the link so you can see what is happening with other June filers :)

I just submitted an Outside Normal Processing Time inquiry yesterday via phone call to USCIS. They said I will get a response in 15-30 days. If over 30 days, I can call again. I do think there is a possibility that I will hear back about my case before I hear about the inquiry though... 

Thank you so much about the link you posted and help me know more about how this "outside normal processing time" inquire works:oops:

Another lady i met and she submitted "outside normal processing time" yesterday because her receipt date is 8 June, 2018, passed that date in USCIS, so she submitted. She got a feedback and said will give her response before 12 April, 2019 (means in 22 days) :o But her case will be 10 months on 8 April, 2019. How can they will give her response even later than 10 months? 

The waiting is so frustrated and separate couples for so long time!

Timeline

My receipt date was May 18 2018 for I-130.  My wife submitted an Outside Normal Processing Time inquiry March 6 and we got a canned response yesterday.  I'll do a cut/paste with all the important stuff cut out.  Hopefully we get some progress soon. Good luck to all.  I just thought I'd show you what the Outside Normal Processing Time response looks like.  

Date: March 20, 2019 at 9:38:45 AM CDT
To: **********
Subject: Your recent inquiry (receipt #LIN-**********)

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
P.O. BOX 82521
NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER
LINCOLN,NE 68501

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Emailed to ************

Dear **********:

On 03/06/2019, you or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case.  Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I130

Filing date:
-- 05/18/2018

Receipt #:
-- LIN-**********

Referral ID:
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. If after 60 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the USCIS Contact Center (NCSC) at the number provided below.

What You Can Do
Please see the Online Services below to check the status of your case in the near future.  We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

-----------------------------------
Online Services
We offer many online services and tools to help you find the information you need. Please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov for information about:
* Using our Case Status Online tool; 
* Signing up for case status updates; 
* Checking processing times;
* Submitting an e-Request to inquire about certain applications and petitions;
* Using our Office Locator; 
* Using InfoPass to schedule an appointment; and 
* Downloading forms.

Address Changes
If you move, please provide us with an updated address. For more information about address changes, please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov/ar-11, and click on Change Your Address Online.

For More Information
If you do not find the information you need through our online services and need further assistance, you may contact our USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired).

30 minutes ago, Mike445 said:

My receipt date was May 18 2018 for I-130.  My wife submitted an Outside Normal Processing Time inquiry March 6 and we got a canned response yesterday.  I'll do a cut/paste with all the important stuff cut out.  Hopefully we get some progress soon. Good luck to all.  I just thought I'd show you what the Outside Normal Processing Time response looks like.  

Thank you so much ! You still haven't received an approval? Your case already 10 months passed.

I really don't know what should I say. Really too slow.....

Timeline
Just now, LC & MS said:

Thank you so much ! You still haven't received an approval? Your case already 10 months passed.

I really don't know what should I say. Really too slow.....

Nope.  Nothing.  Yeah its getting ridiculous now.  VERY slow.  So here's another year my wife can't go get a real steady job.  I'm gong to pick her up in Arkansas next week.  She'll be working at the KOA campground in Lewiston NY for the season.  Hopefully by then we have some movement and can make the important decisions.  We want to start a family and can't do anything until we have some answers and dates.  Ugh.

Timeline

Honestly, I was expecting them to change the date range to 10.5 or 11 month soon for Nebraska. I am expecting a canned response as well, it just made me feel like I was trying! I use the case tracker app on my phone and there are over 180 OTHER pending I-130s from the same date as mine all at the Nebraska Service Center. They are simply behind, which is unfortunate. The "10 month" upper range listed is no guarantee! 

Timeline
15 hours ago, gonzolux said:

Honestly, I was expecting them to change the date range to 10.5 or 11 month soon for Nebraska. I am expecting a canned response as well, it just made me feel like I was trying! I use the case tracker app on my phone and there are over 180 OTHER pending I-130s from the same date as mine all at the Nebraska Service Center. They are simply behind, which is unfortunate. The "10 month" upper range listed is no guarantee! 

Kinda intrigued about the case tracker app.Is it in the apple store??

WOW!!  Disregard my previous question. I found it in the Apple store and it is amazing. Thank you! I didn’t know this existed!!

Edited by Mike445
New information

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
25 minutes ago, LC & MS said:

Really don't know what's going on in Nebraska center, why so slow. 

Anther lady whose receipt date is in Sep, 2018 already got an approval in other service center.

Really how long still need to wait for Nebraska to deal my case😭😭

25 minutes ago, LC & MS said:

Really don't know what's going on in Nebraska center, why so slow. 

Anther lady whose receipt date is in Sep, 2018 already got an approval in other service center.

Really how long still need to wait for Nebraska to deal my case😭😭

Got my approval last week!! Priority date Aug 3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.