Sdk0716

How long was your case in administrative processing in Ciudad Juárez?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My case was recently put under administrative processing on feb 27th after sending in documents for a 221g that i had received at my interview, I’m just wondering how long did the administrative  processing last for other with a case in the Ciudad Juárez consulate? I know it varies but I’m just wondering

On 3/20/2019 at 7:11 PM, Sdk0716 said:

My case was recently put under administrative processing on feb 27th after sending in documents for a 221g that i had received at my interview, I’m just wondering how long did the administrative  processing last for other with a case in the Ciudad Juárez consulate? I know it varies but I’m just wondering

Hello,

the same thing happened to my husband (& I) back in Feb of 2016 we had an incorrect form submitted with the AOS and he was issued and 221g, we were instructed to mail it back thru DHL but i got the correct paper withen and hour and made him take it back to the information window and surprisingly the accepted it like that.  We stayed in adminstrative processing for about 8 LONG days 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/23/2019 at 7:10 AM, ARAO said:

Hi, we were in CDJ in Sept 2018 and the same thing happened to my husband. After we uploaded the documents the next day it showed "approved" just had to wait for his visa which took about 5 business days....

How did you check the status of the visa? Through what website? How where you informed on their decision?

Sorry for so many questions as I'm in Ciudad Juarez waiting, was given the 221g for not having the long form birth certificate.

Edited by Alonzo129

Timeline
On 3/23/2019 at 7:10 AM, ARAO said:

Hi, we were in CDJ in Sept 2018 and the same thing happened to my husband. After we uploaded the documents the next day it showed "approved" just had to wait for his visa which took about 5 business days....

How did you check the status of the visa? Through what website? How where you informed on their decision?

Sorry for so many questions as I'm in Ciudad Juarez waiting, was given the 221g for not having the long form birth certificate.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Alonzo129 said:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ that’s the website you can check your visa case status on, I check it a few times a week even to just see if there is a new date on the last  time the case was updated. After sending in 221g form later they sent me another blue paper like the one given at my interview just saying that my case was put under administrative processing and it said instructions to set up interview which I guess I will need for when the administrative process is over I’m almost sure I will be having a second interview in Juarez.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Alonzo129 said:

When you are setting up your interview you choose where your passport with your visa would be sent here in Mexico which should be where you live so you can wait for it to arrive near your home since it may take a few days. This is also the DHL location near you that you will have to use to send the consulate any additional documents they request if you are not approved at your first interview and it’s also the DHL you will have to go to receive any document from the consulate sent to you. So you might not have to stay in CDJ any longer if they told you to send the document via DHL and its near your home. You should check your case also on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv/users/sign_in I’m not an expert I’m just trying to help. Did they give you the blue paper form 221g ?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sdk0716 said:

When you are setting up your interview you choose where your passport with your visa would be sent here in Mexico which should be where you live so you can wait for it to arrive near your home since it may take a few days. This is also the DHL location near you that you will have to use to send the consulate any additional documents they request if you are not approved at your first interview and it’s also the DHL you will have to go to receive any document from the consulate sent to you. So you might not have to stay in CDJ any longer if they told you to send the document via DHL and its near your home. You should check your case also on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv/users/sign_in I’m not an expert I’m just trying to help. Did they give you the blue paper form 221g ?

Thanks for the info! They gave me the blue slip. As my I forgot to bring my long form birth certificate. My wife's interviewer told us just to submit the birth certificate and passport through dhl and she would immediately get her visa sent. I just didn't know if there was another site other than the crack where I could check the status.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Alonzo129 said:

Thanks for the info! They gave me the blue slip. As my I forgot to bring my long form birth certificate. My wife's interviewer told us just to submit the birth certificate and passport through dhl and she would immediately get her visa sent. I just didn't know if there was another site other than the crack where I could check the status.

You’re very welcome, I’m glad they told you to send in the passport too that’s good news 😊

Timeline
1 hour ago, Karen0815 said:

My husband is in the same situation since December 18, 2019. 

Hopefully it won’t be long for us to get some good news, it’s a hard wait 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Karen0815 said:

My husband is in the same situation since December 18, 2019. 

What's your situation? Was he missing his birth certificate?

8 hours ago, Alonzo129 said:

What's your situation? Was he missing his birth certificate?

He was missing a court record showing a case was dropped when he was 17 in 2004. His appointment was Dec. 18, 2018 officer gave him a blue paper asking for court documents we sent same day and sent documents right away but sent us another g221 letter on Jan. 18 ,2019 were wrong case. Second g221 letter detailed what case in court and we couldnt find record so we received clearance letter from police sent thru dhl and received another g221 letter on feb 26, 2019 that they needed the court decision on the case until finally we found thanks to our lawyer saying maybe - between names will pull it up and thank god it pulled up the record that was dismissed and payed. we sent on March 15, waiting on and answer. Seems like a month passes for them to answer I pray to god this time its correct document and get answer soon.

On 4/1/2019 at 7:33 PM, Alonzo129 said:

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I don't remember the website but I think it was the one on the blue form that was given to her on the interview. We uploaded the documents to the website and sent his passport through DHL and boom approved. After that it took about another 4 days to get the email that the Visa was ready to be picked up. Hang in there you are almost there 🙏🏻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.