jg121783

2A GROUPS STUNNED AFTER COURT ALLOWS SANDY HOOK FAMILIES TO SUE GUN MAKERS

65 posts in this topic

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/19/sandy-hook-gun-maker-lawsuit/

From the article:

"This is like suing Ford or General Motors because a car they sold was stolen and used to run over a pedestrian all because the car manufacturers advertised that their car had better acceleration and performance than other vehicles,” said the Second Amendment Foundation’s Alan Gottlieb.

“This ruling strains logic, if not common sense,” Gottlieb added. “The court dismissed the bulk of the lawsuit’s allegations, but appears to have grasped at this single straw by deciding that the advertising is somehow at fault for what Adam Lanza did that day in December more than six years ago.”

Couldn't have put it better myself. These activist left wing judges are going to destroy the rule of law in this country. Hopefully this is overturned at the US supreme court.

Edited by jg121783

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Indicative also why there can not be self driving cars in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Boiler said:

I agree.  I don't really think the car companies really understand the increased degree of liability they will face with Level 4/5 self-driving cars.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

My thought on this is the lawsuit will be thrown out. The gun grabbing ambulance chasing attorneys that put the Sandy Hook families up to this knew that from the beginning. The whole goal was to get confidential records in discovery. None of these people actually care about the Sandy Hook families.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I agree.  I don't really think the car companies really understand the increased degree of liability they will face with Level 4/5 self-driving cars.

The only logical conclusion is for them to operate like Railroads, with clear separation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
21 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

My thought on this is the lawsuit will be thrown out. The gun grabbing ambulance chasing attorneys that put the Sandy Hook families up to this knew that from the beginning. The whole goal was to get confidential records in discovery. None of these people actually care about the Sandy Hook families.

I think there was a Law and Order episode that is essentially this item.  Wonder if the CT AG was a fan?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The only logical conclusion is for them to operate like Railroads, with clear separation.

I think that is why we are hearing of big pushes for connected cars as well.  I still don't think the car companies will turnover the entire world's fleet and get everyone into SDCC (self-driving connected cars).  Regardless, SDCC require that all car makers use the same communication language (not all of them will) and that the software never fails (it will).  All of that adds up to liability for the company responsible for the software.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I think that is why we are hearing of big pushes for connected cars as well.  I still don't think the car companies will turnover the entire world's fleet and get everyone into SDCC (self-driving connected cars).  Regardless, SDCC require that all car makers use the same communication language (not all of them will) and that the software never fails (it will).  All of that adds up to liability for the company responsible for the software.

Well they could get some sort of waiver, but going full circle if it does not work for guns....

7 hours ago, jg121783 said:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/19/sandy-hook-gun-maker-lawsuit/

From the article:

"This is like suing Ford or General Motors because a car they sold was stolen and used to run over a pedestrian all because the car manufacturers advertised that their car had better acceleration and performance than other vehicles,” said the Second Amendment Foundation’s Alan Gottlieb.

“This ruling strains logic, if not common sense,” Gottlieb added. “The court dismissed the bulk of the lawsuit’s allegations, but appears to have grasped at this single straw by deciding that the advertising is somehow at fault for what Adam Lanza did that day in December more than six years ago.”

Couldn't have put it better myself. These activist left wing judges are going to destroy the rule of law in this country. Hopefully this is overturned at the US supreme court.

What's to overturn? They are allowing one aspect of the case to proceed while throwing the rest of it out. There has not been a ruling or decision for or against anything. Nothing that has happened thus far is likely to even be heard by the SCOTUS until that point, and even the Connecticut SC said the plaintiffs will likely lose based on the gun being stolen. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

1 hour ago, Unidentified said:

Why not? Americans sue about everything so why not? 

Because armchair quarterbacks said so. This current trend of calling judges "activists" is strange logic to me. I'm not sure what leads people to believe that any time a judge makes a legal decision they don't agree with, the judge must be the one who is wrong. As if the couch somehow imparts more knowledge than law school and years of experience behind the bench.

Legally though, it seems this one small aspect of the case can go forward in court. Now to me, if that is the case, then it's better  to see it go forward and succeed or fail on it's own merits. It seems likely to fail, so I'm not sure what these groups are crying about. If the manufacturer didn't choose the marketing campaign they did, they wouldn't have been in this situation. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

52 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Because armchair quarterbacks said so. This current trend of calling judges "activists" is strange logic to me. I'm not sure what leads people to believe that any time a judge makes a legal decision they don't agree with, the judge must be the one who is wrong. As if the couch somehow imparts more knowledge than law school and years of experience behind the bench.

Legally though, it seems this one small aspect of the case can go forward in court. Now to me, if that is the case, then it's better  to see it go forward and succeed or fail on it's own merits. It seems likely to fail, so I'm not sure what these groups are crying about. If the manufacturer didn't choose the marketing campaign they did, they wouldn't have been in this situation. 

If there are no activist judges how do these fringe cases always end up in the same jurisdiction 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Boiler said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/20/ford-to-build-new-factory-in-michigan-for-autonomous-vehicles.html

Ford to build new factory in Michigan for autonomous vehicles

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

2 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

What's to overturn? They are allowing one aspect of the case to proceed while throwing the rest of it out. There has not been a ruling or decision for or against anything. Nothing that has happened thus far is likely to even be heard by the SCOTUS until that point, and even the Connecticut SC said the plaintiffs will likely lose based on the gun being stolen. 

Further, if (if!) the plaintiff were to prevail on this narrow issue AND Remington appealed, the ultimate appellate court is the Connecticut Supreme Court, not SCOTUS, as the advertising ground is an independent state ground over which SCOTUS has no jurisdiction. 

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Are the Sandy Hook families going to be screwed over like the Aurora families given the case is so weak?

In the case of Aurora, they went after the ammunition vendor and lost. The vendor had 150,000 in legal fees which the plaintiff was ordered to pay. Plaintiffs filed for bankruptcy instead.