TBoneTX

January 2019 K-1 NOA2 ---> NVC (Part 2)

277 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Cherridee said:

Hi, does anyone know approximately how long it takes to receive the embassy email from the moment the DHL hack shows the embassy received our cases? My case was sent on March 5th to Moscow, and according to DHL hack it was received March 13. 

It seems that it varies quite a bit.  According to the DHL hack our file was in embassy hands on 2/26. A few calls to the embassy and NVC later (both saying the other has the file)...we finally received the email from the embassy on March 15th. Note that others in the same shipment received emails much more quickly.

4 hours ago, Mekulisch said:

It seems that it varies quite a bit.  According to the DHL hack our file was in embassy hands on 2/26. A few calls to the embassy and NVC later (both saying the other has the file)...we finally received the email from the embassy on March 15th. Note that others in the same shipment received emails much more quickly.

Thanks, it seems I’ll be getting my notice around the same time you got yours, hopefully. 

23 hours ago, Savanna0501 said:

@Greenbaum @DanielPlainview Can either of you guys (or anyone else) give me some advice on Miami POE for my fiancé? He is flying into Miami and his flight arrives at 11:30 AM and his next flight leaves for Chicago at 4:58 PM. Will this be a safe enough layover for immigration? 

That will be plenty of time. I always advise no less than 4 hours. Remember they have to go through immigration,  baggage claim, customs and get to the gate in that order.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mekulisch said:

Things definitely vary. We are still sitting at "necessary AP" while others that interviewed the same day already have their Visa in hand so it makes it hard to guess. They like to mix it up so we are constantly in the dark i think. 😁

10 hours ago, clw654321 said:

Ok. I was thinking the layover shouldn’t matter at first then I started thinking too much lol..

Her layover in Taiwan would only be 50 minutes. Would that be fine? I have done that layover twice. If not then the other option is like 7 hour layover there.

If she has experience flying and understands airports it will be tight. Luggage may be delayed. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

If she has experience flying and understands airports it will be tight. Luggage may be delayed. 

She has experience flying and her luggage will go straight to Houston. I am thinking the 50 minute layover in Taiwan should be fine...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone!! For the flights into the US for my fiance, does his final destination have to be in the state where you and your fiance will be living? For example, I live in DC. But the price difference for a flight from his State to New York is much much cheaper for us (significant enough to make it worth it). However, I know they will stamp his Passport and I am not sure it matters to have it stamped in New York or in DC.Does this even matter? 

Also does connecting flights matter?? So from his destination to Florida to here for example? Does that matter?

Thanks!! :)

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

Hi everyone!! For the flights into the US for my fiance, does his final destination have to be in the state where you and your fiance will be living? For example, I live in DC. But the price difference for a flight from his State to New York is much much cheaper for us (significant enough to make it worth it). However, I know they will stamp his Passport and I am not sure it matters to have it stamped in New York or in DC.Does this even matter? 

Also does connecting flights matter?? So from his destination to Florida to here for example? Does that matter?

His POE does not matter. He can fly into any of them. If it is a connecting flight ensure he has time to process through immigration customs with enough time to catch his next flight. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 3/23/2019 at 10:55 PM, DanielPlainview said:

I agree with Jeffo.........that should be absolutely fine for immigration, and a good overall plan.  As long as the airline runs on schedule, should be no problem.  

The worst that would happen is that he may be delayed, but very very unlikely with a 5 1/2 hour layover.  Most likely, he will just be bored.   🤩

Thank you, @DanielPlainview @Greenbaum! Do either of you guys know how long after our status being changed to issued it will ship out? It changed to issued on Thursday but when i do track my passport it still shows “still with embassy”

1 hour ago, Savanna0501 said:

Thank you, @DanielPlainview @Greenbaum! Do either of you guys know how long after our status being changed to issued it will ship out? It changed to issued on Thursday but when i do track my passport it still shows “still with embassy”

Each embassy is different.  Check with the embassy delivery service. But wait till it states issued.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

Once you exit immigration at your poe he is free to roam the United States. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Each embassy is different.  Check with the embassy delivery service. But wait till it states issued.

It changed to issued this past Thursday but still showing at embassy. Just didn’t know how accurate the “track my passport” was.

3 minutes ago, Savanna0501 said:

It changed to issued this past Thursday but still showing at embassy. Just didn’t know how accurate the “track my passport” was.

Sometimes we have to trust the process. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

If anyone here went through Korea, I'd appreciate any notes you could add into this discussion:

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Good evening everyone! I’ve read through the topic some and am very happy to see so many have reached the final stages, even received their Visas which is great. That being said, I’ve been on a holding pattern with my fiancé due to some vaccinations prior to the medical exam, and figuring out some other details. I wanted to see if someone could provide a little guidance because some of the details seem blurry, and there are some contradictions I’ve found about some specifics, so what better way to have clarification than by the successful experiences of others!

Our case is ready at the embassy and we’re soon able to take the next steps. My confusion is about the specific order. Is this the proper order?: 1. Fill out the DS-160. 2. Schedule the interview. 3. Pay the fee. One FAQ site seems to indicate you have to pay the fee first, but I suspect this is relating to a tourist visa as an example and not the K-1. It seems you need the receipt number from the DS-160 to schedule the interview, and possibly to have filed the DS-160 to even be able to make the payment on the website (I tried clicking through to pay the fee first and it did not allow me to make it to the next step). 

One more detail, is I will be relocating to another state across the country in one week. I am staying with a relative to start and upon settling in and starting work, I will get my own place. I have read that in order to do the physical, you need the address where the applicant will be staying. How stringent is this requirement? Will there be an issue to use the relatives address if the timing works out this way, or should I be looking to get my own place as absolutely quickly as possible and only use this address that will be the actual location my fiancé and I end up at?

Any clarification or guidance on these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.