2,985 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, waqasah said:

Hi,

I was told to join this forum for suggestions and tips to proceed with VAWA application. First of all, I am male victim of abuse. Let me make this story short for you. I have facing mental and physical abuse for at least 14 months. My wife has thrown knives, scissors and utensils on me several time. I am going to apply for VAWA. I need your suggestions. I have these things to go.

1. Medical Note from doctor about my injuries (it does not state about abuse). 
  2. Joint Lease of TWO YEARS 
  3. Joint bank account with running statements of TWO YEARS
  4. Some pictures from other sources (since she had destroyed my laptop and cellphone). 
  5. Auto Insurance (she is an excluded driver as she had no driver's license). 
  6. Bill copies of two years (all on her name since I had no ssn at that time). 
  7. Affidavits from our common friends about the abuse 
  8. Affidavits from my boss (she came and assaulted me and yelled at me) 
  9. Psychologist's evaluation 
  10. Some pictures of my wounds and physical abuse. 
  11. A declaration from our landlord about me and my wife living together and good tenants ( not confirmed yet but he willing to give it to me).

I have one fear. For some months, I had to work on odd jobs to make money for her as she was getting very brutal on those days. Is it gonna affect my VAWA application? What kind of other proofs should I gather before jumping into this process?  I would really appreciate your help. 

Moreover, I also have one question. Is my EAD going to be ceased or revoked if I go with VAWA? What would I do then? I do not want to be a burden for other people. I want to make my own money. I want to proceed with studies too. Probably, something in healthcare. Please, suggest me something.  

I think it should have been named Violence Against Men And Women Act (VAMWA) LOL! Obviously women aren't the only one abused. Some women spouse are abusers so yes you seem to have the requirements to petition for Vawa! Throw in good moral character report and you're all set! No your EAD can't be revoked! Except there are unusual circumstances surrounding the situation..hopefully not! Yes I've read from folks here some are students already so you can study! We have an attorney in the forum who can be of great help to you as well @sandranj please be of good cheer! This too shall pass! Goodluck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
21 hours ago, Gogetter18 said:

@Islanderk Congratulations!!! Thank God!! This is such great news! Forward movement, at least now you can work while you wait for the approval of your petition. All the best 🙂

yes. thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

I was very anxious at first but thank God for everything. Thank you for the prayers! 😊

Question, Have anyone had a VAWA approval within 1yr? I see so many people waiting 1.5yrs or even longer. Anyone waiting 1yr or less for VAWA approval?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, waqasah said:

Hi,

I was told to join this forum for suggestions and tips to proceed with VAWA application. First of all, I am male victim of abuse. Let me make this story short for you. I have facing mental and physical abuse for at least 14 months. My wife has thrown knives, scissors and utensils on me several time. I am going to apply for VAWA. I need your suggestions. I have these things to go.

1. Medical Note from doctor about my injuries (it does not state about abuse). 
  2. Joint Lease of TWO YEARS 
  3. Joint bank account with running statements of TWO YEARS
  4. Some pictures from other sources (since she had destroyed my laptop and cellphone). 
  5. Auto Insurance (she is an excluded driver as she had no driver's license). 
  6. Bill copies of two years (all on her name since I had no ssn at that time). 
  7. Affidavits from our common friends about the abuse 
  8. Affidavits from my boss (she came and assaulted me and yelled at me) 
  9. Psychologist's evaluation 
  10. Some pictures of my wounds and physical abuse. 
  11. A declaration from our landlord about me and my wife living together and good tenants ( not confirmed yet but he willing to give it to me).

I have one fear. For some months, I had to work on odd jobs to make money for her as she was getting very brutal on those days. Is it gonna affect my VAWA application? What kind of other proofs should I gather before jumping into this process?  I would really appreciate your help. 

Moreover, I also have one question. Is my EAD going to be ceased or revoked if I go with VAWA? What would I do then? I do not want to be a burden for other people. I want to make my own money. I want to proceed with studies too. Probably, something in healthcare. Please, suggest me something.  

Talk to @sandranj she can provide solutions to your immigrations needs. 

6 hours ago, Godschild said:

Question, Have anyone had a VAWA approval within 1yr? I see so many people waiting 1.5yrs or even longer. Anyone waiting 1yr or less for VAWA approval?

I think I've read about such cases in the past but times have changed and wait times have increased significantly. That not withstanding, anything can happen. Goodluck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kuwait
Timeline
11 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I think it should have been named Violence Against Men And Women Act (VAMWA) LOL! Obviously women aren't the only one abused. Some women spouse are abusers so yes you seem to have the requirements to petition for Vawa! Throw in good moral character report and you're all set! No your EAD can't be revoked! Except there are unusual circumstances surrounding the situation..hopefully not! Yes I've read from folks here some are students already so you can study! We have an attorney in the forum who can be of great help to you as well @sandranj please be of good cheer! This too shall pass! Goodluck!

Understood. My EAD is gonna be expired in January, 2020. So I am really confused. For studies, I need grants that I can't obtain wothout GC. Should I write it down about my studies and EAD in my personal statement? 

48 minutes ago, waqasah said:

Understood. My EAD is gonna be expired in January, 2020. So I am really confused. For studies, I need grants that I can't obtain wothout GC. Should I write it down about my studies and EAD in my personal statement? 

Grants..studies..EAD..doesn't have anything to do with your affidavits..in my opinion it's deviating from the purpose of the petition. When you file and the officer finds your supporting documents satisfactory, you may be issued a prima facie document which comes with benefits. Most people have been able to get such things like you mentioned..I have never tried it..so I don't know much how it works..but I've read on here some were lucky enough to get that much. You have an EAD that expires almost one year from now! Concentrate on this! If its a c9 EAD tgen you may be able to renew at the end of it's duration. One day at a time..you never know what tomorrow might bring!

12 minutes ago, Donjuan98 said:

Hi, i want to let you know that they approved my case today and it took exactly 22.5 months 

My dates are:

June 15, 2017 fees were waived.

On november i got an rfe

On junuary 23 they receive the evidence

And today i got approved

Wow! So very happy for you! ! This is good news! Wow so it took like 3month after RFE to get approved? Really happy for you.

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Loveja said:

Can I have some help in figuring out how to apply for FAFSA with PF. I was following the thread but haven’t been able to view post on thread 13

I once tried to get FAFSA but then i didnt have a ssn so they said i was not eligible.. until i had a ssn 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.