28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
16 hours ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

No the daughter is separated now before I met mom ! Actually she wants me to retire now and move to her ! I have been to Kharkiv 3 times it’s a nice city ! Yes they have problems ! The country is only what 15 years old ! Maybe 20 ! 

I am trying to boost my retirement and my pension ! I am figuring around 120,000 a month 

in there money when most only live on 15000 a month ! 

If all this happens and wife gets here and file for daughter after she is divorced and so on just be aware that she might not be able to just take her child with her. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/20/2019 at 1:00 AM, CEE53147 said:

The talk about stepdaughter divorcing so she can immigrate faster is troubling. Are you sure you are not being used?

No the husband hits her and she had left him before mom and I met ! No not being used ! She told me in first meeting she wants a man to love her ! She wanted me to move to her in the Ukraine and live there ! We will discuss this and figure it out ! No decisions have been made on that issue ! 

2 hours ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

No the husband hits her and she had left him before mom and I met ! No not being used ! She told me in first meeting she wants a man to love her ! She wanted me to move to her in the Ukraine and live there ! We will discuss this and figure it out ! No decisions have been made on that issue ! 

As said before, if having mom & daughter together anytime soon is paramount then moving to the Ukraine seems the only reasonable path.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
38 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

As said before, if having mom & daughter together anytime soon is paramount then moving to the Ukraine seems the only reasonable path.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

We will figure it out ! We might live here and there summers there and winters here ! Since the winter is harsh there !  Lol 

Since your future spouse is coming to the US on a K-1, you've got some hurdles such as advance parole for her to be able to travel back until she can get her green card.  For you, there will be hurdles also as you can only stay 90 out of 180 days as a tourist in Ukraine.  To get more days than that, you will have to go through some hurdles to get a temporary residence permit which would need to be renewed each year.  Your idea of 6 months here and 6 months there is easier said than done.  If you don't speak any of the language, it's going to be difficult for you there.  Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Agree

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
15 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Since your future spouse is coming to the US on a K-1, you've got some hurdles such as advance parole for her to be able to travel back until she can get her green card.  For you, there will be hurdles also as you can only stay 90 out of 180 days as a tourist in Ukraine.  To get more days than that, you will have to go through some hurdles to get a temporary residence permit which would need to be renewed each year.  Your idea of 6 months here and 6 months there is easier said than done.  If you don't speak any of the language, it's going to be difficult for you there.  Good luck!

Not practical to do as a PR anyway.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Not practical to do as a PR anyway.

That's correct.  My personal experience is that at most, we have been able to spend 5 months a year over there.  That's with flying there 3-4 times per year.  So really, it's not practical and gets quite expensive.

Timeline

Well I have been there 3 times each time I spent a month ! There are Ukraine’s that speak English 

and my wife can speak it for me ! We can always communicate using viber and goggle translate ! That seems to work out well ! As far as flying every 6 months that not a issue for me 

as far as cost is concern ! Yes when she arrives 

I will file for the appropriate documents so in case she has to fly back for any deaths are sickness she will be able to ! 

Timeline

Bearing ion mind your stated requirements that is a lot of time and money to waste bringing her to the US.

24 minutes ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Well I have been there 3 times each time I spent a month ! There are Ukraine’s that speak English 

and my wife can speak it for me ! We can always communicate using viber and goggle translate ! That seems to work out well ! As far as flying every 6 months that not a issue for me 

as far as cost is concern ! Yes when she arrives 

I will file for the appropriate documents so in case she has to fly back for any deaths are sickness she will be able to ! 

If you’re planning to move there or spend half a year there regularly, I assume you will make a decent effort to at least become conversational in the local language too.  Duolingo has Ukrainian as far as I know.

Timeline

Yes when she comes I had asked her to tech me Russian ! If not to speak but understand at least! I am sure I will pick up some of the language! Yes I thought about just moving there but I wish to work until at least 65 yrs of age ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.