28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Looking to bring new wife’s married child and her husband to USA ! Also I wish to know if daughter 

and her husband gets divorced what happens ! 

To her ? The baby ? And any info ? I need to know .

Not possible through you. Your wife may start the petition once she becomes a citizen. However, that's probably some time into the future. For now, if the married daughter and husband want to immigrate, they have to do through completely on their own.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Looking to bring new wife’s married child and her husband to USA ! Also I wish to know if daughter 

Unless your marraige to your new wife took place before her daughter was 18 years old , there is no pathway for you to petition fir her as your stepchild 

Your wife, as an LPR , is able to petition for the following categories of her relatives 

https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoptions/family_member_green_card

An LPR may petition for the following family members:

• Spouse (husband or wife),
  • Child (unmarried and under age 21), or
  • Unmarried son or daughter (age 21 or older).

Not going to work my friend 

1 hour ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Looking to bring new wife’s married child and her husband to USA !

Didn't you just file for your fiance on January 15th?

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Permanently or to visit?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Timeline: about 4 years probably till your new wife beocmes a citizen

Then she files F3 petition for her child and family, probably 14-15 years till their petitions get current/they get visas 

so close to 20 years total 

the baby won’t be a baby anymore 

if they get divorced it would probably happen before then (note: if that does happen then the daughter will get here faster as single and even with just a green card mom can already file for her under F2B. Approx time: 7 years.)

Timeline

Seems OP is still in K1 process judging from other posts.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Didn't you just file for your fiance on January 15th?

Yes but she wishes to have her daughter and grand child come live with us ! In the near future ! A.S.A.P ! Lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

unfortunately there is no ASAP

the wait in total can be 20 years or more. first she has to be  a GC holder, then remove conditions, then become a US Citizen

and finally file for a married child

so it will take a very long time

2 minutes ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

That's not going to happen anytime soon. 

If she wants to be near them you will need to move there. 

If she wants to travel to see them you should marry her and get the spousal visa so she can travel right after immigrating.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline

I was thinking the same, for you all to be together you need to move!

Timeline

No the daughter is separated now before I met mom ! Actually she wants me to retire now and move to her ! I have been to Kharkiv 3 times it’s a nice city ! Yes they have problems ! The country is only what 15 years old ! Maybe 20 ! 

I am trying to boost my retirement and my pension ! I am figuring around 120,000 a month 

in there money when most only live on 15000 a month ! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

No the daughter is separated now before I met mom ! Actually she wants me to retire now and move to her ! I have been to Kharkiv 3 times it’s a nice city ! Yes they have problems ! The country is only what 15 years old ! Maybe 20 ! 

I am trying to boost my retirement and my pension ! I am figuring around 120,000 a month 

in there money when most only live on 15000 a month ! 

Visiting Ukraine and living in Ukraine are two different things.  Yes, it's much cheaper to live there than in the US.  But it's a difficult adjustment and there are many challenges.   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.