K1 visa refused (merged)

131 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

They interview at Casa embassy for K1 from 8 am to 12pmย ย 

one every 15 minutes as scheduled that is

16 K1's a day

and yes,ย  there are that many (just under 100 a week)

there are fewer CR1 and IR1 's as getting married in MOrocco takes time (usually a month) and a lot of paperwork translated (6 copies of all documents at $10 a page)

but the CR1 and IR1's are taken most seriously (and many still denied)

16 a day?? Wow.. In Sweden they interview 2 K-1 applicants every Thursday.. ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

K-1:ย 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP:ย 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD:ย 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Gรถteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

ย 

11 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

ย 

The visa process has turned me into a cynic, it sounds like you are pretty close to joining me in the cynical group. :P

ย 

I'm pretty skeptical of everyone, especially those going through the visa process in Morocco.ย 

I agree that things like a massive age gap are a huge red flag, but if the couple are able to present evidence of a genuine relationship and that evidence satisfies the CO, why shouldn't they be approved? They can't deny on age difference alone, because in that case we would all be grabbing our pitchforks and calling for injustice based on a factor that the couple cannot change.ย 

In the end, I've had to accept that yes, there are many people around the world who enter intro relationships solely for visa purposes. Sometimes it seems obvious to us looking at these relationships from an outside perspective, but in the end, unless we are the CO reviewing the petition and conducting the interview, we can't truly say who should be approved or denied. There have always been 'fraudulent' relationships, and there probably always will be. And there will always be those cases where we wonder 'how and why were they approved/denied'?

ย 

So the best I can do is advise people on how best to organize their petition, despite what I personally think about their case. It's hard seeing couples being denied, and at that point all we can do here on VJ is to guide them toward the next steps and advise them on how to make their next petition stronger.ย 

No , I don't consider myself a cynic but it could very well be, I am just realistic and my argument has never been ," deny age gaps or any other red flag riddled petition". What I was referring to with my initial comment is alot of these petition outcomes make no sense on an intellectual level to me, but you are all right, sometimes it just doesn't make any sense and the CO will be the one to determine things ultimately but for me looking in, to be quite honest with you, I see the BULL through the computer screen daily and as it is not my place I say nothing, it's none of my business. BUT, when I see case and case after case of odd ball approvals and denials of solid/healthy couples, it makes me want to close this page and go on strike lol. I hate to say it but come on? Seriously? I am normally very balanced and fair but some of the guys just great my nerve with their comments of" oh my wife, oh my visa what can I do to get it" , if i have to hear it one more time I will just let it out tbh, like dude, how can you say you're sexually attracted to her? Like really, get the hell out o here with that bull and in comes the real couple and they get slapped with a denial whileย  the previous petitioner's grandchild aka habibi walks out with the visa, then they wonder why they are scammed after.

Edited by Hobidyali

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Scandi said:

16 a day?? Wow.. In Sweden they interview 2 K-1 applicants every Thursday.. ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Sweden also is a country with ESTA so it would be interesting to find out how many adjust status insteadย 

4 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

Sweden also is a country with ESTA so it would be interesting to find out how many adjust status insteadย 

Sweden also cover Norway and Denmark ... we're still waiting for NOA2 so other options are most certainly being considered ... unfortunately my fiances kind of work doesn't exist in Dk and I can take my income with me so US it is ... at least for now ๐Ÿ˜Š

Actually, in many parts of the world it is within the realm of "normal" for young women to marry significantly older men WHEN the older men have financial resources that make them more than averagely desirable.ย  Not so common for a young attractive woman to marry a broke old man.ย  I have noticed this in my husband's home country of Venezuela, for example, and I am guessing the Philippines is similar. At the same time it is still considered suspicious and not genuine when a younger man is seemingly attracted to an older woman.ย  It seems to me that it has to do with men's historical value being as financial providers, and women's historical value being attractiveness and reproductive potential.ย  In the US and other western countries, as women have become more financially independent, our cultural distaste for marriages with a big age difference has increased, as evidenced by snide remarks about trophy wives.ย  But I would say that the older male/younger female is still consider a viable option in many parts of the world, and the opposite is often likewise considered highly suspicious.ย 

ย 

It DOES seem a little inconsistent though, that a young Filipina may be considered normal and genuine for valuing an older American man in part for the financial stability and opportunities he can provide her, and a young Moroccan man may be considered fraudulent and deceitful for valuing the same in an older American woman.ย  But both are consistent with local cultural norms.ย  And those norms are also influenced by biological possibilities for children, and by ideas about female "purity" (divorced women or those already having children maybe traditionally not desirable in some cultures, while this tends not to affect men's desirability).ย  So while imperfect, the overall biases do make sense.ย 

That doesn't mean that there can't be a genuine relationship between two people not within cultural norms.ย  But that they would have more scrutiny is normal.

9 hours ago, Boiler said:

I have noticed it varies significantly and yes you are correct now I think of it that often the USC seems to be missing. I know on the UK side I often see cases where the USC does all the running and asking about things very specific to the UK, type of conviction, medical system etc and I wonder why the UKC is not involved.

Thatโ€™s funny cos Iโ€™m the UKC and Iโ€™ve done most of our running!!ย 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda ย metย Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:ย  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 receivedย 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne'sย  adult son

ย 

ย 

ย 

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So did I.

โ€œIf you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.โ€

9 hours ago, Scandi said:

NZ is similar. ย  Most kiwis do not have any reason to want to immigrate to the US.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Boiler said:

Obviously I have been through it and also a B refusal.

ย 

Now I do not know what happened behind the scenes, so to keep this from getting out of hand I will think of my case. I assume they did not have a team out investigatingย my situation, the cost and practicality just is not there, so it was a paperwork exercise and a fairly crude one at that.

ย 

My case no doubt looked normal, nothing odd, but I have no idea how you could really tell from the paperwork submitted and a very brief interview.

I totally agree with this. ย  I have been watching cases at Islamabad the past few years. ย  So many cases they just claim they are fraud and return them on items that are easy to come back on but some may give up or just not have the know how to overcome.ย ย Much cheaper than putting out an investigation to come up with facts. ย 

ย 

It really doesn't take too long to figure out people I looked at facebook pages from people I've seen on here. ย Took me 5 minutes to figure out one was married before and hid itย ย and another who lied about a few things in their case and he was issued a visa with no AP from Pakistan.

ย 

I'm older than my husband by 5 years but he looks older than me. ย  We both are physically fit and love to work out. ย  ย  I was not muslim when we married (it is permissible for a muslim man to marry a jew or christian woman). ย At the interview when asked about my religion I stated I was studying Islam and although born Christian I did not believe Jesus was God she quickly changed the topic. ย There are two reasons we are having a hard time with our case his divorce and mine. ย  We both married young and out of force (in different ways). ย My husband got out of his marriage (he wanted to divorce her the first week they were married but the family would not allow) because he caught her texting another man. ย  The family agreed. ย I understand it is not culturally normal in Pakistan to divorce but it happens. ย I have met a handful that have. ย The embassy told me that it doesn't make sense his ex moved in with her brothers a few blocks away she should have moved out of the city. ย So far I have not met any ย divorced couple that moves out of Quetta..not one. ย Also Pakistanis have several children his only child with his ex is 8 years old. ย 

ย 

I totally understand the need for the ds5535 I really do but what do they do with it? ย 

ย 

People talk about the ds5535 being sent forย SAO..how much does that cost? ย It seems hiring a couple locals to dig up some dirt and some tech savvy ones to snoop the social media would be much more cost effective. ย Some given a ds5535 never traveled outside the country whats the point of the background check if they hardly have one? Seems like a waste of resources and time to me. ย Just because of a name hit? ย There are probably about a gazzilionย Pakistanis with my husbands name sending it to FBI would result in what? ย He's worked for the same company for 8 years and gave references from all other prior employment seems like looking into those resources would be more valuable but we have yet to hear of anyone calling.

ย 

To the OP in my opinion getting the ds5535 is much better news than it being returned. ย Hang in there!

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

9 hours ago, Hobidyali said:

No , I don't consider myself a cynic but it could very well be, I am just realistic and my argument has never been ," deny age gaps or any other red flag riddled petition". What I was referring to with my initial comment is alot of these petition outcomes make no sense on an intellectual level to me, but you are all right, sometimes it just doesn't make any sense and the CO will be the one to determine things ultimately but for me looking in, to be quite honest with you, I see the BULL through the computer screen daily and as it is not my place I say nothing, it's none of my business. BUT, when I see case and case after case of odd ball approvals and denials of solid/healthy couples, it makes me want to close this page and go on strike lol. I hate to say it but come on? Seriously? I am normally very balanced and fair but some of the guys just great my nerve with their comments of" oh my wife, oh my visa what can I do to get it" , if i have to hear it one more time I will just let it out tbh, like dude, how can you say you're sexually attracted to her? Like really, get the hell out o here with that bull and in comes the real couple and they get slapped with a denial whileย  the previous petitioner's grandchild aka habibi walks out with the visa, then they wonder why they are scammed after.

This is when the question (to theย young maleย intending immigrant) โ€œif youโ€™re denied, do you want herย to come and live here forever with you?" becomes important.ย ย If itโ€™s all about love, the answer should be a clear YES.

Edited by Jorgedig

6 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

This is when the question (to theย young maleย intending immigrant) โ€œif youโ€™re denied, do you want herย to come and live here forever with you? ย  If itโ€™s all about love, the answer should be a clear YES.

Exactly, and most would say no ORย  would more than likely gently let her go.

ย 

ย 

15 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

This is when the question (to theย young maleย intending immigrant) โ€œif youโ€™re denied, do you want herย to come and live here forever with you?" becomes important.ย ย If itโ€™s all about love, the answer should be a clear YES.

Which makes me wonder, if all of the people here on vj from high fraud countries asked the beneficiary this question and decided to move there and not live in the usa,ย I wonder how many people would be put out in the cold and heartbroken.ย 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I do have a social media account, but I do not put anything personal on it, I suppose of you knew who I am you could go through my VJ posts, there are a lot of them and I am sure I have said a few things where you might be able to make a bigger picture.

ย 

But i have a large number of posts so would take a very long time.

ย 

Not everybody shares their life on Social Media.

โ€œIf you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.โ€

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.