mohamed el amrani

K1 visa refused (merged)

131 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

So what should the process be?

Without it costing $50,000 whatever for an in depth investigation. I am hard pushed to come up with a good solution.

I guess the only thing is longevity. If a couple can stay together for so many years, they are dedicated. Most people would give up in these circumstances. My friends say why don't I  dump my husband and find someone here?

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Without it costing $50,000 whatever for an in depth investigation. I am hard pushed to come up with a good solution.

Exactly.   Especially as many of the MENA countries are significantly less cooperative in security data sharing as are western countries.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A hijack post and several replies have been removed.

That poster has posted on that topic elsewhere in poignant, heartfelt fashion.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The process should be, if there are zero red flags, the person hasn't traveled outside of the country etc or any other point stands out, approve them for petes sake or don't but don't turn around and approve people whom are clearly in it and it's not legitimate.

Edited by Hobidyali

2 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

The process should be, if there are zero red flags, the person hasn't traveled outside of the country etc or any other point stands out, approve them for petes sake or don't but don't turn around and approve people whom are clearly in it and it's not legitimate.

All of that is discretionary evaluation though.   There is no black and white here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hobidyali said:

The process should be, if their are zero red flags, the person hasn't travelled outside of the country etc or any other point stands out, approve them for petes sake or don't but don't turn around and approve people whom are clearly in it and it's not legitimate.

Reminds me of the current issue on our Southern Border, used to be people were caught and eventually booted out now they claim Asylum. There is an industry out there providing support in doing so, and it seems on the marriage side as well judging from stuff I have read on here. It is similar, how do you asses it?

There are people who will do whatever say whatever is needed to achieve their objective, I always thought if you have small children that would be a wonderful tie if you wanted to visit, who would leave small children behind, well was I wrong.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Reminds me of the current issue on our Southern Border, used to be people were caught and eventually booted out now they claim Asylum. There is an industry out there providing support in doing so, and it seems on the marriage side as well judging from stuff I have read on here. It is similar, how do you asses it?

There are people who will do whatever say whatever is needed to achieve their objective, I always thought if you have small children that would be a wonderful tie if you wanted to visit, who would leave small children behind, well was I wrong.

You know Boiler, eventhough you are right and pointed out like that it does strike a few nerves to be honest, what can we do about it ? Isn't this a risk we all take then? My only frustration is , why approve the 50 year old with a 29 year old ? Why? And why deny the young couple with seemingly no red flags?

It would be a lie to say that at some point these doubts don't seep in to the petitioner ,especially when worded like that but like I said, isn't it a chance we take? Does this take away from the fact that some of these denials have no rhyme or reason to them?

Edited by Hobidyali

Timeline

Sometimes you see a denial for whatever reason and it is pretty obvious why, easy one, they want a tourist visa to essentially work. They want to visit the US but have no obvious money and are effectively spending what would be several years income to go to see the Mouse.

I have seen plenty of cases on here where it has taken a thread this long to find out what the real deal is, so tend to avoid drawing too much from cases where I really do not know why. People often are loathe to say.

Does it seem creepy to see a 60 year old male and a 20 year old female going through PI with no issues, well as an older male it does. Not something I can work out, maybe it is cultural and acceptable for economic reasons rather than immigration?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Does it seem creepy to see a 60 year old male and a 20 year old female going through PI with no issues, well as an older male it does. Not something I can work out, maybe it is cultural and acceptable for economic reasons rather than immigration?

It does, and not the cultural norm anywhere in the world in my opinion , I don't care how much anyone says it is ok and acceptable to them. I guess I am beating a dead horse, there's really nothing that can be done either way, I will just sit here shaking my head the next time I see a senior citizen trying to play house with someone young enough to her grandchild and they get an approval, while I ponder for days on end, how does this person even try to go in and work around that if you know what I mean, it must be a really bad situation to endure all of that and no I am not mean or anything, just a realist.

3 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

We can judge these approved or denied cases from behind our screens, but the reality is we don't truly know the circumstances of any case but our own. Approvals and denials always have a reason, whether we agree with that reason or not is the actual question. 

People will come to this forum and say that they didn't have any 'red flags' but were denied anyway. In a lot of cases, there is some information being withheld from us, no matter who minor or major it may seem. Maybe the couple who are the same age, same religion, seemingly 'normal' relationship didn't prepare a petition with convincing evidence to prove to the CO that their visa should be approved. Maybe the 60 old woman and 20 year old Moroccan man worked together to ensure that they included evidence and knew what to expect at the interview, and so they were approved. Going back to the issue of the DS-5535, it's not given out because there are 'red flags', rather it seems more and more that it is just a randomized protocol in some embassies and consulates. 

There is a reason everyone here likes to say, 'each case is different, so try not to focus too much on what is happening to those around you and instead focus your passion and energy into making your case the best and most convincing it can be'. 

"Maybe the 60 old woman and 20 year old Moroccan man worked together to ensure that they included evidence and knew what to expect at the interview, and so they were approved"

That may very well be the case, agree to disagree, this is screaming with red flags but to each their own and you are right , maybe I should mind my business tbh, caring about others in a world that's only "care for myself" seems to not be the way to go anymore.

Timeline

Thinking through everybody wants to be dealt with as an individual but they deal with a Million applications a year and that means dealing with groups.

So they must look at patterns as a deciding factor.

I remember reading a report that the immigrant population of the US will increase by 80,000,000 in the next 40 years,  not sure if that includes those seeking Asylum, I assume not as how could you calculate such a number.

That is an awful lot of applications to process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.