mohamed el amrani

K1 visa refused (merged)

131 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

I have a theory on this and this is besides the obvious, people wanting to be together sooner. I think that most women are probably either at or close to menopause and want to bear children because they are older AND/OR they are pressured by the beneficiary because they are desperate to leave, this is my take on that just by what I have read and experienced.

My theroy is the time to marry in Morocco is longer than some have vacation time and also the USC may want family to witness plus the American wedding

and we all know marriage on the 1st trip will also get a denial 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
8 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

February stats not out yet

I posted January

K1 12 approved

CR1  60  approved

IR1  25 approved

So was have 85 married and 12 Fiance's approved.

If I was to guess I would say on VJ the ratio of applications is the other way around.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

My theroy is the time to marry in Morocco is longer than some have vacation time and also the USC may want family to witness plus the American wedding

and we all know marriage on the 1st trip will also get a denial 

That too, there are many reasons, in my case my mother was very sick and I wanted to make sure that she was going to be there for my wedding, everyone has their reasons but I still really believe that the ones who are not really in it for love just want to to leave asap, you know the job situation there is hard, no need to sugar coat the obvious right.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hobidyali said:

That too, there are many reasons, in my case my mother was very sick and I wanted to make sure that she was going to be there for my wedding, everyone has their reasons but I still really believe that the ones who are not really in it for love just want to to leave asap, you know the job situation there is hard, no need to sugar coat the obvious right.

never sugar coat it 

i see the ones leaving Morocco for Spain and France by swimming to a boat and trying to stowaway

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

I m confused, what do you mean by "If I was to guess I would say on VJ the ratio of applications is the other way around" ??

Well if there were 97 cases here I would expect 85 to be K1's. Well give or take.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

If I was to guess I would say on VJ the ratio of applications is the other way around.

They interview at Casa embassy for K1 from 8 am to 12pm  

one every 15 minutes as scheduled that is

16 K1's a day

and yes,  there are that many (just under 100 a week)

there are fewer CR1 and IR1 's as getting married in MOrocco takes time (usually a month) and a lot of paperwork translated (6 copies of all documents at $10 a page)

but the CR1 and IR1's are taken most seriously (and many still denied)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just looked at the 40 most recently added or updated visa timelines in the Morocco portal: 

16 K-1

23 CR-IR1

1 EB-2

So probably not a significant difference overall. 

Edited by RJandHamid

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

16 K1's a day

there are fewer CR1 and IR1 's as getting married in MOrocco takes time (usually a month) and a lot of paperwork translated (6 copies of all documents at $10 a page)

Yes, I do not believe that k1s are taken lightly but then you have the occasional approval that makes absolutely zero sense, it's frustrating and I do not speak just for myself but for the couples who are really in love who suffer.

Timeline

16 K1's a day

So 400 a month and 12 got approved?

Wow, Ok I know that statistically more complicated but K1 does not seem the way to go.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You also need to note the moroccan is usually the one to make the ID here on VJ 

asking what he and his gf from US do to get K1

americans research it on immigration site 

you actually see only a small fraction of the number of applications for both K1 and Cr1 from Morocco on here

they rely a lot on asking other friends

even when i went to marry and asked what the steps were for us,  my Adil said "i'll call a friend and ask"

we were lucky to have an aunt who found out and we were able to travel to 5 cities to get the paperwork approved and marry within 4 weeks

Casa denies (or asks for ds5535 ) from about 10 a day 

5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Wow, Ok I know that statistically more complicated but K1 does not seem the way to go.

400 a month with 12 approvals just shows that a k1 in Morocco is a waste of time and money, that is why it is so infuriating to me when I see approvals that in my honest opinion shouldn't happen and then the ones that should, don't.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

it is not the way to go

if you check the stats  0  were approved for a K1 in august

and Morocco is about 4 month from  completion at NVC (CR1 ) to interview as they are so backed up

K1 people wait several months to even schedule theirs

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.