LadyMirana

Filed only 3 months ago and I already have I-485 interview?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

As of February 12th, 2019, USCIS still has the ability to waive AOS interviews.

All adjustment of status applicants must be interviewed by an officer unless the interview is waived by USCIS. [1] The decision to waive the interview should be made on a case-by-case basis. The interview enables USCIS to verify important information about the applicant to determine eligibility for adjustment. For family-based applications, USCIS generally requires the Form I-130 petitioner to appear for the interview with the principal adjustment of status applicant. In addition, derivatives are also required to appear regardless of the filing category.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Op- Sometimes; there're one off cases that move fast. I think your case is one of those. Any progress is progress. All the best with your interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
22 hours ago, samuelam said:

Most K1 AOS don't require interview. Did you get the USCIS letter in mail yet?

I think you are a bit outdated with this sentence. I am pretty sure that it's in the other way nowdays.

From my observation it depends on state. Some states have more immigrants than others and I think this affects processing time.(Even though the work load should be shared among locations) For a few of us here in Nebraska, all got interviews pretty fast while people we know in Texas and New York are still waiting!! 

Edited by NicoAndNelle

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jeb said:

Mine is scheduled for this Thursday. We filed my AOS in December. So three months for us as well. I consider us to be extremely lucky considering how busy other field offices are.

Congrats!!!! I wish mine would be as fast as yours but at last from the timeline here, mine would probably take around a year.

My timeline

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, and I-765 (USC spouse)

Previous status: F1 (expired 07/05/2019)

Local USCIS office: Des Moines IA

Service center: NBC

03/01/2019: FedEx delivery

03/01/2019: Priority/Received date

03/04/2019: Notice of action (receipts)

03/08/2019: Notice of action (Biometrics appointment)

03/08/2019: I-693 Courtesy letter

03/27/2019: Biometrics

04/02/2019: Ready to be scheduled for an interview

05/14/2018: EAD card produced

09/16/2019: Notice of action (Interview scheduled)

10/22/2019: Interview at Des Moines field office (Approved)

10/22/2019: Card is being produced

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, NicoAndNelle said:

From my observation it depends on state. Some states have more immigrants than others and I think this affects processing time.(Even though the work load should be shared among locations) For a few of us here in Nebraska, all got interviews pretty fast while people we know in Texas and New York are still waiting!! 

depends on state, case, mistakes in application cause for rfe/rfie.

Other than couple that are subject to very strict job schedules, why does it matter anyway, whether to go with or without your partner to the interview? If you relationship is sincere, there shouldn't be a problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.