LadyMirana

Filed only 3 months ago and I already have I-485 interview?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!

I arrived on a K1 visa and we mailed our AOS package on December 3 (I can't remember what day the receipt was for, but not long after). Biometrics was in January. I checked my case status today and it says "My interview was scheduled" and that they will mail me an interview notice. We went to an infopass appointment back in November (due to some confusion about filing) at the local office and she said that we can expect to wait a year for them to process the case. It's been 3ish months - is that normal? From googling, I always got the impression that it's a long wait, and often longer than what their processing time says. I'm not complaining but if that is unusual, does anyone know why that may be? Does it mean anything about our case, or just luck? My case starts with MSC if that makes a difference.

Thanks very much for any help!

11 minutes ago, LadyMirana said:

Hi!

I arrived on a K1 visa and we mailed our AOS package on December 3 (I can't remember what day the receipt was for, but not long after). Biometrics was in January. I checked my case status today and it says "My interview was scheduled" and that they will mail me an interview notice. We went to an infopass appointment back in November (due to some confusion about filing) at the local office and she said that we can expect to wait a year for them to process the case. It's been 3ish months - is that normal? From googling, I always got the impression that it's a long wait, and often longer than what their processing time says. I'm not complaining but if that is unusual, does anyone know why that may be? Does it mean anything about our case, or just luck? My case starts with MSC if that makes a difference.

Most K1 AOS don't require interview. Did you get the USCIS letter in mail yet?

Timeline
1 minute ago, samuelam said:

Not yet, it just updated today on the website. I am sure you know more than me, but are you certain that most K1 AOS don't require interview still? From what I understand, that is how it used to be, but it changed April 2017 and they now all require an interview. From what I'm seeing, some people still get their case sent to the California Service Center and aren't required to do an interview but that's somewhat rare. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Just now, LadyMirana said:

Not yet, it just updated today on the website. I am sure you know more than me, but are you certain that most K1 AOS don't require interview still? From what I understand, that is how it used to be, but it changed April 2017 and they now all require an interview. From what I'm seeing, some people still get their case sent to the California Service Center and aren't required to do an interview but that's somewhat rare. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm sorry, I think you are correct. 

We did our AOS before April 2017, we didn't have a interview,  Sorry for giving you wrong information

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, samuelam said:

All AOS get interviews now......even from k1s.

Timeline
1 minute ago, samuelam said:

I'm sorry, I think you are correct. 

We did our AOS before April 2017, we didn't have a interview,  Sorry for giving you wrong information

That's alright! I appreciate the response still. Lucky to not have had to do an interview! I know I will not be able to relax until it's done lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, LadyMirana said:

Hi!

It is possible for your interview to be schedule. Because it all depends on the local office. If there are not many people in line then you have your interview schedule. Good luck. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mine is scheduled for this Thursday. We filed my AOS in December. So three months for us as well. I consider us to be extremely lucky considering how busy other field offices are.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Had interview and approval last month, we filed in April. 

Seems like yours is going to fast. Maybe you can contact USCIS and see if they will slow it down? 😆

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
26 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Had interview and approval last month, we filed in April. 

Seems like yours is going to fast. Maybe you can contact USCIS and see if they will slow it down? 😆

Lol, not at all! I have an anxiety disorder so when something seemingly unusual happens (especially about something so important), good or bad, my brain raises the red flags. I am very grateful! Congrats on getting approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

i don't know. i sent my AoS application on 19th July, and my green card was approved 25th October, which is the date of my interview as well. that's 3 months and a few days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, LadyMirana said:

Hi!

thats not just a luck..

sent aos october 19, aos Pd was october 27,2018 and the whole aos process only took less than 3 months..i received my green card January 17,2019.

congrats to your fast journey too

Edited by FilAm24

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.