Jump to content
Aureliaxue

lost conditional green card

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

i lost my green card because of my dogs. they took my wallet somehow and i can't find it anywhere. i am about to divorce and file for the waiver. do i need to file for the replacement before i file for the waiver? i only have the picture of the front of my green card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The I-751 instructions say:

"What Initial Evidence Is Required? Permanent Resident Card You must file your petition with a copy of your permanent resident card or alien registration card, and a copy of the permanent resident or alien registration cards of your conditional resident children that you are including in your petition. Submit copies of both front and back sides of the card."


                               :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, missileman said:

The I-751 instructions say:

"What Initial Evidence Is Required? Permanent Resident Card You must file your petition with a copy of your permanent resident card or alien registration card, and a copy of the permanent resident or alien registration cards of your conditional resident children that you are including in your petition. Submit copies of both front and back sides of the card."

but i am about to divorce and get my papers, what will happen when i don't have the replacement and i am divorced already. i know that i need both sides. i don't have it though that is the issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aureliaxue said:

but i am about to divorce and get my papers, what will happen when i don't have the replacement and i am divorced already. i know that i need both sides. i don't have it though that is the issue. 

You can try to submit the waiver and I-751 with a copy of only one side as soon as you have a final divorce decree.....or you can get a replacement card first, then submit the I-751 and waiver............since replacement cards take a very long time, I would probably just submit everything with only one side copied. 

 


                               :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, missileman said:

You can try to submit the waiver and I-751 with a copy of only one side as soon as you have a final divorce decree.....or you can get a replacement card first, then submit the I-751 and waiver............since replacement cards take a very long time, I would probably just submit everything with only one side copied. 

  

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh. If you only had a copy of the back of the card! Are you sure you dont have a back copy lying around somewhere? 

 

The problem is you need a copy of the front and back for ROC. If you do not have the card (lost or stolen) then you need to show proof you requested a new card- which is the i90 NOA - It costs money to file the i90. (you can try to ask for a waiver but you probably have to pay). When they get the i90 and payment or i90 and approved fee waiver you will get the NOA in the mail and the NOA will satisfy the 751 for you not showing the front or back of card.

 

But your i90 will at some point be rejected because USCIS will not issue you a new card since your card is expired. You will not get your fee back. So basically ROC is going to cost you about double now. Sorry. 

 

TRY TO FIND THE WALLET! Seriously how far could the dogs have taken it? Follow them around a bit and see where they hide stuff. Finding the wallet will save you about 600 bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot apply for an I-90 if you're within the 90-day window for the expiration of the original card. Are you applying early with the waiver? If so, you need an I-90. If not, just apply for the I-751

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 8:41 AM, Mollie09 said:

You cannot apply for an I-90 if you're within the 90-day window for the expiration of the original card. Are you applying early with the waiver? If so, you need an I-90. If not, just apply for the I-751

i am applying early with divorce waiver. should i file for replacement first to see i showed an effort to replace it. financially i am not in a good shape right now especially going thru a divorce. but i will do it if i have to do it. 

On 3/17/2019 at 4:29 PM, username_taken said:

Ahhh. If you only had a copy of the back of the card! Are you sure you dont have a back copy lying around somewhere? 

 

The problem is you need a copy of the front and back for ROC. If you do not have the card (lost or stolen) then you need to show proof you requested a new card- which is the i90 NOA - It costs money to file the i90. (you can try to ask for a waiver but you probably have to pay). When they get the i90 and payment or i90 and approved fee waiver you will get the NOA in the mail and the NOA will satisfy the 751 for you not showing the front or back of card.

 

But your i90 will at some point be rejected because USCIS will not issue you a new card since your card is expired. You will not get your fee back. So basically ROC is going to cost you about double now. Sorry. 

 

TRY TO FIND THE WALLET! Seriously how far could the dogs have taken it? Follow them around a bit and see where they hide stuff. Finding the wallet will save you about 600 bucks.

i tried looked all over the yard. checked the woods and everything. couldn't find it. i am gonna apply early with divorce waiver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aureliaxue said:

i am applying early with divorce waiver. should i file for replacement first to see i showed an effort to replace it. financially i am not in a good shape right now especially going thru a divorce. but i will do it if i have to do it. 

In that case you have to apply for the I-90, and send in the receipt notice with your I-751 :( sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×