helen83

My interview experience today and verdict :)

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 minutes ago, helen83 said:

So I've now just got home. Had a 2 hour train journey to kill time on so have posted my review but I wanted to thank everyone who has advised me, answered my questions, calmed my nerves with their experiences. I would never have been so prepared if it wasn't for the help this site provides so I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I'm not going to write up another full review in this post but I just wanted to confirm now I've experienced it that the interview part really is the easiest part. Not anywhere near the horror stories I had put into my own head and really was a great experience.

So on that note I guess you can all tell that yes I got....

APPROVED!!! YAY!! 

Thank you all again for everything :) 

Congratulations!! :D

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Congratulations. What's the plan for moving? Just noticed you are moving to Texas. I like it here very much. 

Thank you!! Well my family are coming with me for a holiday so they can be there for the wedding and we are aiming for mid April as I've had so much time to get ready I just need the visa and I'm good to go. I've spent a good 3 months out there last year and I loved it but that heat will take some getting used to lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Congratulations. What's the plan for moving? Just noticed you are moving to Texas. I like it here very much. 

Texas is, in deed, a great place to live.........especially around Rockwall, Fate.......imho.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, helen83 said:

I get told on the regular I am moving to the greatest place on earth :) 

We like it here.  Overall, taxes are relatively low, and property values are reasonable compared to some other parts of the country. My wife likes the dry (compared to her country) weather.  We are about 4 hours north of Houston.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
48 minutes ago, missileman said:

We like it here.  Overall, taxes are relatively low, and property values are reasonable compared to some other parts of the country. My wife likes the dry (compared to her country) weather.  We are about 4 hours north of Houston.

And no state income tax 🤑

Timeline
16 hours ago, helen83 said:

So I've now just got home. Had a 2 hour train journey to kill time on so have posted my review but I wanted to thank everyone who has advised me, answered my questions, calmed my nerves with their experiences. I would never have been so prepared if it wasn't for the help this site provides so I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I'm not going to write up another full review in this post but I just wanted to confirm now I've experienced it that the interview part really is the easiest part. Not anywhere near the horror stories I had put into my own head and really was a great experience.

APPROVED!!! YAY!! 

Congratulations 😊

On 3/15/2019 at 9:38 PM, helen83 said:

APPROVED!!! YAY!! 

Congratulations! I've been waiting for this and you're done! :) Time to check the visa status (it didn't like loading mine up and would take a long, long time to show the status!) 

On 3/15/2019 at 10:00 PM, Wuozopo said:

On 3/15/2019 at 11:22 PM, Wuozopo said:

And no state income tax 🤑

Well I never knew that there's no state income tax?! Courtney & I have been looking the best places for my work etc when the time eventually comes and we've ended up mentioning Texas a few times and the state income tax thing is massive! :P 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Timeline
1 hour ago, LukeU said:
1 hour ago, LukeU said:

Congratulations! I've been waiting for this and you're done! :) Time to check the visa status (it didn't like loading mine up and would take a long, long time to show the status!) 

Thank you!! Yes  i know about the website...it went on maintenance on Friday and is only now just back up and running so of course now begins the obsessive checking for changes lol I'm hoping for the same quick turn around like you so hopefully have it all back end of the week :) 

8 minutes ago, helen83 said:

Thank you!! Yes  i know about the website...it went on maintenance on Friday and is only now just back up and running so of course now begins the obsessive checking for changes lol I'm hoping for the same quick turn around like you so hopefully have it all back end of the week :) 

Obsessive checking....now that's something I understand for sure! I was like "Nah I'll maybe check it once every few days", which swiftly turned into a few hours at times lol 

Summary:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LukeU said:

Obsessive checking....now that's something I understand for sure! I was like "Nah I'll maybe check it once every few days", which swiftly turned into a few hours at times lol 

Twice already today. Downside to having a Friday interview means they probably did nothing else with it and will start on it today.

1 minute ago, helen83 said:

Twice already today. Downside to having a Friday interview means they probably did nothing else with it and will start on it today.

I'll be keeping my eye out for your update. 

I can't stop looking at the visa. I've checked it so much to ensure there's no typos or anything. Unfortunately I didn't get electronic processing so I've got the big clunky envelope to hand over at my POE

Summary:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.