corvusheart

Will N400 denial trigger loss of residency? (merged)

92 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

How about health insurance, a copy of your patient record that list each other as the next of kin or emergency contact (send it again), any pets that you take to a vet and your names on vet records or adoption records of that pet? 

How about birthday, Christmas, anniversary cards with both your names on the envelope, any type of junk mail that comes in gather it all as it will show both your names at the same address. 

Car repair bills? 

Bank statements that show both of you using the same account. 

At my interview even though everyone said they don't ask for more proof at the interview. That they would have everything from the list when applying. I was still asked and I knew they would because that is just my luck. I didn't bring much more with me but I did use a few receipts from the drugstore that showed his insurance for my inhalers. That was enough just one extra thing. I didn't matter that he was in the waiting room with our daughter she still wanted one more thing. 

Search your place high and low and find everything you can with names and addresses on. 

We brought everything to his interview. The problem was while the IO looked at everything and said it was all good he didn't take anything. So when it went to the next IO for the final check they sent an RFE..

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So send everything you have w/letter explaining your situation.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

25 minutes ago, cyclone27 said:

So send everything you have w/letter explaining your situation.

I already did. But not letter explaining situation. I can however attach the letter under Unsolicited Evidence. Screenshot_20190316-160440_Firefox.thumb.jpg.e23d1a394235a87b63354bf78e98b69d.jpg

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Have you heard anything from uscis yet? I was also given a a RFE march 19 but mainly because we owe tax for 2018. The officer asked for lease and stuff cuz we moved right after I submitted my app online so I didn’t think to bring those documents with me, so in the rfe he also asked to see marriage evidence. I didn’t have many papers attached to the new address either, plus our joint checking was canceled a year after we submitted our i751 so I don’t even know if we have all we need. My travel plan this summer just vanished in thin air :(

Edited by Dami1025

10 hours ago, Dami1025 said:

Have you heard anything from uscis yet? I was also given a a RFE march 19 but mainly because we owe tax for 2018. The officer asked for lease and stuff cuz we moved right after I submitted my app online so I didn’t think to bring those documents with me, so in the rfe he also asked to see marriage evidence. I didn’t have many papers attached to the new address either, plus our joint checking was canceled a year after we submitted our i751 so I don’t even know if we have all we need. My travel plan this summer just vanished in thin air :(

Still haven't heard anything. We responded electronically a day after the RFE appeared online. Thing is we brought everything into interview but because the IO didn't take anything is why we got RFE. Damned if you do damned if you don't. We don't expect to see anything until the end of the year. We don't have a joint checking account. Because we think it's smarter to have two separate accounts in case one gets broken into. USCIS can't force you to have a joint checking account. It's a personal decision. Did your ROC get approved at least?

Screenshot_20190323-065515_Firefox.jpg

Edited by corvusheart

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

10 hours ago, Dami1025 said:

Did you get this same letter? Screenshot_20190315-121209.thumb.jpg.a244dcc6d53eb6d933bb953e9a7024ae.jpg

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

20 minutes ago, Dami1025 said:

I already got my green card so only waiting for n400 decision. My letter was a little different and it asked to see that I have paid tax for 2018. Good luck to both of us!

Ours was a combo interview. His ROC was approved and he now has new GC. However the N400 is now held up by this RFE. The N400 used to not be so strict about relationship evidence that has changed now I guess. Might as well call N400: ROC 2.0.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

42 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Ours was a combo interview. His ROC was approved and he now has new GC. However the N400 is now held up by this RFE. The N400 used to not be so strict about relationship evidence that has changed now I guess. Might as well call N400: ROC 2.0.

I didn’t expect it to be so throughout so I didn’t prepare enough to bring. My fault i guess! But definitely true, for the 3 years type, roc 2.0

15 minutes ago, Dami1025 said:

I didn’t expect it to be so throughout so I didn’t prepare enough to bring. My fault i guess! But definitely true, for the 3 years type, roc 2.0

I wish we would have just waited longer and filed based on the 5 year rule.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Most have no issue with N400 very easy and straightforward even today. 

Prep is the key - bring to anything with immigration.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

2 minutes ago, cyclone27 said:

Most have no issue with N400 very easy and straightforward even today. 

Prep is the key - bring to anything with immigration.

Yeah we brought everything. Still got RFE.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Won't be surprised if we get a denial since we couldn't provide everything in the letter: joint checking (our accounts are separate) and we don't have any of the previous years w2s we have and submitted all tax returns. But we don't have w2s. When we reapply we will treat it like another ROC which is why we will probably wait a few years so we can generate as much evidence as possible. Screenshot_20190315-121209.thumb.jpg.a244dcc6d53eb6d933bb953e9a7024ae.jpg

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Just noticed this when reviewing our docs that we have submitted for RFE. We supplied 4 years of leases at the same place. One of the leases (the one before the current one) had a typo where the landlord accidentally put me with my maiden name instead of my married name. Will this draw suspicion?

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I

45 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Just noticed this when reviewing our docs that we have submitted for RFE. We supplied 4 years of leases at the same place. One of the leases (the one before the current one) had a typo where the landlord accidentally put me with my maiden name instead of my married name. Will this draw suspicion?

Honestly I think you might be reading way too much into it all. You have given them the informations you have so I won’t worry about it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.